What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Oaxacan Gold
Best clone C
Green line knocked up with Hawaiian Sativa boys. Getting out the MOUNTAIN GOLD!

127_2312.JPG

vermontman

Looking great man. Do you plan to make a new cross with this?
Hey Rob!
Thank you Mulanje is my favorite tropical Sativa I used to have a cross with Hawaiian Sativa called Pineapple banana bud available but I discontinued that cross because of the propensity of the Mulanje to sometimes herm. But this is a solid clone of my Mulanje breeding line. I have kept going, just because she is so special. Need a tropical are big enough to do larger selections to breed out the herm trait, but just not enough time energy or space.

RobFromTX

Hey Rob!
Thank you Mulanje is my favorite tropical Sativa I used to have a cross with Hawaiian Sativa called Pineapple banana bud available but I discontinued that cross because of the propensity of the Mulanje to sometimes herm. But this is a solid clone of my Mulanje breeding line. I have kept going, just because she is so special. Need a tropical are big enough to do larger selections to breed out the herm trait, but just not enough time energy or space.

I grew your PBB with great success and no hermie issues whatsoever. I loved the smell. Called it banana bread bud haha :biggrin:

vermontman

I grew your PBB with great success and no hermie issues whatsoever. I loved the smell. Called it banana bread bud haha :biggrin:
That's awesome!
Yes that cross was pretty solid, but my Mulanje line began to throw out more herms and I did not want to risk having people have bad experiences. Also I decided to focus on Sativa varieties that were faster and would finish for the Northern gardeners, which has been sorely lacking up here, and I really wanted to pioneer that. The slight down side is that some of my strains do not like to go 12/12 right off as usually done in indoor gardens.
Kind of a niche thing. I do have a really beautiful line of Swazi, though I have not gone beyond one grow and selection down South.
PS If the South would legalize grows I would focus on perfecting the Swazi and the Mulanje outdoors.

RobFromTX

That's awesome!
Yes that cross was pretty solid, but my Mulanje line began to throw out more herms and I did not want to risk having people have bad experiences. Also I decided to focus on Sativa varieties that were faster and would finish for the Northern gardeners, which has been sorely lacking up here, and I really wanted to pioneer that. The slight down side is that some of my strains do not like to go 12/12 right off as usually done in indoor gardens.
Kind of a niche thing. I do have a really beautiful line of Swazi, though I have not gone beyond one grow and selection down South.
PS If the South would legalize grows I would focus on perfecting the Swazi and the Mulanje outdoors.

I hope things change too. Texas has the optimum climate to grow luscious outdoor sativas, especially long flowering varieties

RobFromTX

So I know you had to pull off your garden quickly with your Zacatecas harvest. Are you going to start up another garden?

Absolutely! as soon as we move. I'll be running Ace honduras and new caledonia for this next grow, then on to mountain gold and more Zacatecas. Id love to run a few of them all at once but the flowering times are quite different. And the honduras is a real beast, very untamed

RobFromTX

Cool!
If I may?
Are you moving in State or going somewhere different?

Im not sure at the moment. Our landlord has now allowed us to stay through october before she sells the place and My wife is applying for a job in Cortez Colorado so we may be moving up there. She just found out shes one of 30 final applicants so we will know for sure in 2 weeks. Otherwise we will be staying put, hopefully in a rental without a freeway in the backyard haha

vermontman

Im not sure at the moment. Our landlord has now allowed us to stay through october before she sells the place and My wife is applying for a job in Cortez Colorado so we may be moving up there. She just found out shes one of 30 final applicants so we will know for sure in 2 weeks. Otherwise we will be staying put, hopefully in a rental without a freeway in the backyard haha
Well I wish the best for you both.

vermontman

I wouldn't mind living somewhere i could run that Satellite outdoors . Such great outdoor grows on this thread
I hear you!
Just need to make due where you are. In the past I wished I lived where I could grow Equatorial Sativa, but now I can not handle the heat Physically and my place that is close to the tropics has been getting slammed with hurricanes, I guess the point is just be happy with what you have but certainly make the best of that.

Greencedar

Perfect!
I did the Fem seed run for a couple of reasons but the main one was to find an earlier pheno to clone which in 2021 I ran 8 regular GMG and one was stunning, purple and early coming in Sept 1st
I cloned her but let her go. UUGGHH! I guess I though a clone of one that early would bolt right into flower when put out but her sister who is my keeper is about two weeks later but she stays right on track.
So next year I will run regs again to find that early sexy lady.
I planted some Ace Nepalese Jamaican seeds over the past few seasons and had a hard time with some phenos/clones going outside and jumping into flower even when I put them out a bit later in the summer. I haven’t had any issues with Grape clones being triggered even when I put them out end of may and they kick into flower early august like clock work. I love it. Good luck finding your early girl!

Greencedar

not bad for a couple of clones that were around a foot tall and put out July 1st. Around 4ft x 4ft. Last year they were around 7ft when I put them out June 1st. Green and purple grape phenos.

I’ve been watering in some soy aminos for nitrogen but I think I’m going to go water only from now on. Gave them a good organic topdressing and worm castings a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_9756.jpeg
    IMG_9756.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9755.jpeg
    IMG_9755.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9754.jpeg
    IMG_9754.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9753.jpeg
    IMG_9753.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 85

vermontman

I planted some Ace Nepalese Jamaican seeds over the past few seasons and had a hard time with some phenos/clones going outside and jumping into flower even when I put them out a bit later in the summer. I haven’t had any issues with Grape clones being triggered even when I put them out end of may and they kick into flower early august like clock work. I love it. Good luck finding your early girl!
Hello @Greencedar!
Thank you for your feed.
ACE Nepal Jam has been one I wanted to grow just never got there keeping all my stuff going. Oh and damn nice job on the Green Mountain Grape clones!

Latest posts

Latest posts