What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Hmong

Veteran
spring led to some action in my soil bins, after making seeds in winter.

April 30th
spring3.jpg

All NLD x Jamaican f1, either LaosxJ and PBBxJ, don't think that's a pure Jam, looks and grows like a f1. Also resisted some shitty conditions already, like frost early, hails & gushes mid and now some heat. Loves the heat though, I'm constantly feeding.

June 16th
Deck'23_0616_5.jpg
Deck'23_0616_4.jpg

my guess this is PBBxJam f1, so I'll post this here for you to follow along solving that mystery. Preflowers already showed a girl, hence I'm giving this some attention.

June 27th
Deck'23_0627_5.jpg
Deck'23_0627_8.jpg

July 7th, those double serrations make me curious
Deck'23_0707_3.jpg

July 14th, with the inevitable pruning...
It really hurt making that first cut, but can't have a 7ft tree in October^^
PBBxJAM?_0714_2.jpg
PBBxJAM?_0714_1.jpg

bonghopper

Great to talk with someone from Ireland!
With the frozen bananas in a food processor add two bananas, one cup of frozen blueberries a splash of half and half and a dash of real maple syrup, zip it up and instant ice cream.
Last eve I made some with about three cups froze blueberries, a splash of 1/2 and 1/2 and dash of maple. Takes about 5 minutes. We call that tree black sapote or chocolate pudding fruit, never was a big fan of it though, there is another tree I forget the name but it is like custard not a fan of that one either. But I do love, and grow red papaya! Not the yellow one I nick named the yellow ones, ass fruit. Also grow Avocado which I love and the a Thai and dwarf cavendish banana.
I have seasonal affective disorder pretty bad and a winter in the dark and cold would melt my brain. Right now the sun comes up at about 4:30 AM and dark by 8:45 PM but with the many days of thick cloud cover and Canadian Smoke at times it acts a bit as light dep. And the Baglung Nepali was adapted for many generations I believe in Denmark? Where they gey probably an extra three hours of daylight than we do here at least, I believe. If you try to put this line of Nepali right into 12/12 flower they will herm!
CHEERS
PS After reading @farmerlion's thread, I must confess I guess I may be to selfish to share my smoothies with my plants. But it sure seems great to work for him.
Ummm banana blueberry ice cream, the best of temperate and tropical climates...
You grow any unusual varieties of Avocados like the huge round ones, or the ones with black, thin skins?
The organic ones we get at the market here are an insult to the Avocado gods - still green, watery and super small... I've given them up. Pecans and Macadamias are awesome in tropical climates too.. I couldn't believe the size of the pecans we could get in Australia - about 2 1/2"

I wouldn't be up for sharing smoothies either.. more like comfrey/nettle/horsetail/willow mulch..

Here's the UEL lines I'm working on, and have been gifted from Arnold - Outdoorking on Seedheaven.
The SxL is my septoria resistant selection, it's the one drawback of the strain, but is getting better every year with heavy selection pressure, especially with these numbers. That plot is from 1 female and 1 male out of 68 last year.

The Mountain Gold rooted fastest out of the latest batch of cuttings. All under natural light. Will get some shots of your work soon.

Attachments

• UEL S.JPG
    UEL S.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 59
  • UEL SxL.JPG
    UEL SxL.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 59

vermontman

Ummm banana blueberry ice cream, the best of temperate and tropical climates...
You grow any unusual varieties of Avocados like the huge round ones, or the ones with black, thin skins?
The organic ones we get at the market here are an insult to the Avocado gods - still green, watery and super small... I've given them up. Pecans and Macadamias are awesome in tropical climates too.. I couldn't believe the size of the pecans we could get in Australia - about 2 1/2"

I wouldn't be up for sharing smoothies either.. more like comfrey/nettle/horsetail/willow mulch..

Here's the UEL lines I'm working on, and have been gifted from Arnold - Outdoorking on Seedheaven.
The SxL is my septoria resistant selection, it's the one drawback of the strain, but is getting better every year with heavy selection pressure, especially with these numbers. That plot is from 1 female and 1 male out of 68 last year.

The Mountain Gold rooted fastest out of the latest batch of cuttings. All under natural light. Will get some shots of your work soon.
Hello @bonghopper!
To your question about Avocado I very large tree on my property over thirty feet tall and as wide, that for years was loaded almost annually with very large fruit, but they would all come ripe a month before in Sept I got there all but one year, I got a few. I severely pruned her back and grafted four other very large winter varieties onto her which were cranking last year until the hurricane took her half down and of course all the fruit.
This past season she is just establishing her new growth so the best I can hope for fruit would be 2024/25 UUUGHHHHH! But the my large plantings of Banana should give lots hopefully by this winter. The red Thai papaya and Pink Lady are already loaded down with fruit hopefully hanging on till I get there. We also raise red claw crayfish for food. they get up to 1/4 lb and taste very similar to lobster.
I know you said about your UEL line but please. what is her lineage? They are looking very happy indeed. And yes please keep us posted on your work.
CHEERS

thumbnail-1.jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
raw (2).jpeg
Remodel 015.JPG
thumbnail (4).jpeg
thumbnail (3).jpeg

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

vermontman

spring led to some action in my soil bins, after making seeds in winter.

April 30th
View attachment 18865575

All NLD x Jamaican f1, either LaosxJ and PBBxJ, don't think that's a pure Jam, looks and grows like a f1. Also resisted some shitty conditions already, like frost early, hails & gushes mid and now some heat. Loves the heat though, I'm constantly feeding.

June 16th
View attachment 18865572 View attachment 18865571

my guess this is PBBxJam f1, so I'll post this here for you to follow along solving that mystery. Preflowers already showed a girl, hence I'm giving this some attention.

June 27th
View attachment 18865570 View attachment 18865569

July 7th, those double serrations make me curious
View attachment 18865568

July 14th, with the inevitable pruning...
It really hurt making that first cut, but can't have a 7ft tree in October^^
View attachment 18865567 View attachment 18865566
Hello @Hmong!
Nice looking garden there! Thank you for posting!

bonghopper

View attachment 18866594
Kind of a crappy pic of Avocado tree.
Lovely Pics, bad news with the avocado crop, at least it's not totaled. Nice one with the Cray fish, they're a decent size, you got me thinking! You know they're clean then too. Irish sea is fairly polluted here, and lobsters and crabs over harvested. The fishing boats reap but never sow.. and the snake eating the frog, ha!

UEL is ABG13 x SMCG, maybe more to it as it's Reefermans - the Santa Marta is probably not pure.

in the UEL S pic is F6 S1, F6 S1 x F5 and F6 S1 x F5 clone
the UEL SxL pic is at F7, they're starting to get stable for septoria resistance and selection towards less/no sedation, and a sativa high. Aromas are limonene based, with some fruity, sour and hashy undertones, very friendly smelling. There were some evil smelling ones (chemical/rubber/funk) in previous generations that didn't agree with me, they also tended to be less septoria resistant - which is an absolute must for here.
7 weeks flowering, finishing end Sept/early Oct at 53N - early, with really decent flowers.

Arnold has a good write up on it here: https://seedheaven.org/product/ultra-early-sativa/
There's indoor and outdoor pics.

Crosses well to anything so far, would really compliment the Oaxacan... : )

early_hominid

Am I too far south to veg purple satellite at 37N? I had 5 seeds, 3 female 2 male, all flower soon as they matured. Started them in first week of may and had them outside by May 25th. I up-potted June 2, and by mid June both males flowered. The females only showed preflowers by then, so I stuck 2 in a 10-gallon fabric pot and put one under 24/0 porch light but all 3 still flowered.

I culled the males and kept two females. Flowering onset at 90F+ daily and high humidity while they are in a pot is putting them to the test, we'll see how they do. Loved the look and vigor of these, hopefully I can grow them better next year.

June 19
IMG-5228.jpg

July 8, right after big storm

IMG-5334.jpg

IMG-5332.jpg

July 17

IMG-5381.jpg

IMG-5380.jpg

vermontman

Am I too far south to veg purple satellite at 37N? I had 5 seeds, 3 female 2 male, all flower soon as they matured. Started them in first week of may and had them outside by May 25th. I up-potted June 2, and by mid June both males flowered. The females only showed preflowers by then, so I stuck 2 in a 10-gallon fabric pot and put one under 24/0 porch light but all 3 still flowered.

I culled the males and kept two females. Flowering onset at 90F+ daily and high humidity while they are in a pot is putting them to the test, we'll see how they do. Loved the look and vigor of these, hopefully I can grow them better next year.

June 19
View attachment 18867874

July 8, right after big storm

View attachment 18867875

View attachment 18867877

July 17

View attachment 18867878

View attachment 18867880
@early_hominid
I am at 42N here and all my Purple Satellite are going into heavy preflower. I like to give these a good early start indoors and put them outside buy June 15th. I hope you obtain a descent harvest.
Thank you for sharing your progress and please keep us posted.
CHEERS!

early_hominid

@early_hominid
I am at 42N here and all my Purple Satellite are going into heavy preflower. I like to give these a good early start indoors and put them outside buy June 15th. I hope you obtain a descent harvest.
Thank you for sharing your progress and please keep us posted.
CHEERS!
Thanks for your quick reply @vermontman, since the pictures were taken I moved them to a sunnier spot and introduced some fertilizer to help them along.

Latest posts

Latest posts