What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

drosera420

Premium user
The last Zac tribute in the pack is plucking along at 5 weeks. Some purple colors edging in and plum berry smells coming on. I get a good nose burn off of this one. Can't wait.
Hope everyone is well. We have dangerous unhealthy air quality in Michigan all this week due to wildfires in Canada. It's like 230 AQI this afternoon near Detroit. Gross.
Nice work MIGreenman, looking fantastic. Would you mind sharing a bit more of your feeding rates, ph etc. I assume it's coco from what I read earlier. Appologies if you've detailed this info previously. Your leaves have much less burn, where I'd like to be :) .

My plants get H3ads 6/9ml gal at 5.9-6.1. Early on silica and epsom are added. Calmag is all the way through at 1ml gal. The rate for 6micro/9bloom varies as I see the "claw" and tip burn, usually 1/2 strength for these sativas. Full strength only during veg but even then I tend to lean towards a 3/4 rate.

I only cut back on 6 micro after a few weeks into flower till it's gone for last few weeks after foxtailing and growth slows.

Any info you can share would be appreciated, always open to other ideas.

vermontman

I hear you loud and clear brother. These modern hybrids all blend together after a while and the buzz sucks too. Do you have any new projects popping up in the near future? Ive already secured some mountain gold seeds but there's always room in my seedvault for more haha
Hey Rob!
Just keeping the status quo here just keeping up the lines I have if full time work, and I ain't getting any younger! HAHA
But really it's just keeping up the quality, and just what I found works. Though I do testers now and then. Right now I am running a super early Green Mountain Grape X Mulanje Gold. I have 5 nice ladies of that and rerunning a couple Nepali Sativa X Heirloom Mendo strain. Last time I ran these they finished the End of August, at 42N.

Last edited:

vermontman

Have been looking through this thread all morning, anyone know if there are any Outdoor Mountain Gold grows documented? The search is not coming up with much, and I can't spend all day looking..
Cheers
Hey @bonghopper
I did the first Mountain Gold cross back in 2011 outdoors and the plants finished end of Sept to first week Oct at 42N. They were very narrow leaf, great flower to leaf ratio and can get quite large. Unfortunately I don't seem to have pics.
Hope that helps!

Last edited:

bonghopper

That's great that you've tried PS the other way round, you really know those strains you're working with, very refreshing to be growing out your stuff, thanks for only working with IBLs.

Have about 10 MG on the go, very impressed so far, stem smell is awesome, and preflowers at hip height (I don't top) hoping end Oct for here. One of the most vigorous strains I've come across, and such a beautiful leaf shape, do you have pics of the Hawaiian to see where that leaf comes from? I think I recall Pineapple grew the pure Hawaiian out, I'll have a look..

The Purple Satellite x UEL cross from last year is looking really good too, its like growing PS F2 - the Nepali and Oaxacan are segregated out. The UEL brings much more lower branching, and the Oaxacan leaning ones are keeping up with the vigour of MG. They should finish 2-3 weeks earlier than PS, with chunkier flowers.

You want some UEL? Originally Reeferman's Ultra Early Lovepotion, now at F7, worked by D'Archangel, Arnold, (thank you Arnold!) and myself in that order, heavily selected towards the NLD sativa side.. Is proving to be a very useful breeding plant with it's early flowering (starting at about 15hrs here), and very rapid flowering (6wks) yet still having a quality, potent sativa effect.

I see you're also well into your food growing, we do a lot of that here too, agroforestry/permaculture/mixed plantings/successional style, my children's favourite roots are Chinese and Japanese Yams, you ever grow these? Nice one on the bananas, not hot enough here.. but then I haven't tried many hardy varieties..

We've been getting hit with the SWD fruit fly from Japan in recent years, two 35meter polytunnels full of cherries, amelanchier, honeyberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, up to 80% ruined.. looking forward to that parasitic wasp coming in.. has been tough to swallow, growing woes... at least with enough diversity there's always something to harvest. Many no-spray organic soft fruit growers had to close worldwide because of that fly.. You grow much fruit?

Cheers!

vermontman

That's great that you've tried PS the other way round, you really know those strains you're working with, very refreshing to be growing out your stuff, thanks for only working with IBLs.

Have about 10 MG on the go, very impressed so far, stem smell is awesome, and preflowers at hip height (I don't top) hoping end Oct for here. One of the most vigorous strains I've come across, and such a beautiful leaf shape, do you have pics of the Hawaiian to see where that leaf comes from? I think I recall Pineapple grew the pure Hawaiian out, I'll have a look..

The Purple Satellite x UEL cross from last year is looking really good too, its like growing PS F2 - the Nepali and Oaxacan are segregated out. The UEL brings much more lower branching, and the Oaxacan leaning ones are keeping up with the vigour of MG. They should finish 2-3 weeks earlier than PS, with chunkier flowers.

You want some UEL? Originally Reeferman's Ultra Early Lovepotion, now at F7, worked by D'Archangel, Arnold, (thank you Arnold!) and myself in that order, heavily selected towards the NLD sativa side.. Is proving to be a very useful breeding plant with it's early flowering (starting at about 15hrs here), and very rapid flowering (6wks) yet still having a quality, potent sativa effect.

I see you're also well into your food growing, we do a lot of that here too, agroforestry/permaculture/mixed plantings/successional style, my children's favourite roots are Chinese and Japanese Yams, you ever grow these? Nice one on the bananas, not hot enough here.. but then I haven't tried many hardy varieties..

We've been getting hit with the SWD fruit fly from Japan in recent years, two 35meter polytunnels full of cherries, amelanchier, honeyberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, up to 80% ruined.. looking forward to that parasitic wasp coming in.. has been tough to swallow, growing woes... at least with enough diversity there's always something to harvest. Many no-spray organic soft fruit growers had to close worldwide because of that fly.. You grow much fruit?

Cheers!
Hello @bonghopper
Sorry for delay, I am a horrible typest. If I may, are you in the States? But yes to your question we do grow a lot of our own food here, also we do a lot of canning and freezing, but the challenges of weather are definitely making more difficult every year. It makes we wonder how the big farms cope. right now my Nepali Sativa is flowering about a solid month early because of the daily heavy cloud cover. I guess it is just a constant juggling act. Let me see about Hawaiian Sativa pic? Below was last years ladies and 10 weeks? Do you grow your Love potion plants mostly indoor? As far as the bananas they are at my winter home. I froze a bunch after I vowed to eat every one fresh! But hell that was a lot of bananas! So next winter banana Ice cream!
Please feel free to post pics of your love potion and anything else you are growing.
Thank you for your input. I am looking forward to your future posts.
CHEERS!

FEDERATION HAWIIAN SATIVA 002.JPG

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey all,
I know this isn't a pure Highland Nepalese Grape, it's crossed to a female Auto Zamaldelica. These f1 plants are 3 1/2 almost 4 weeks from germinated seeds and they are demanding attention.

It's no secret that I love the Ace Lebanese and the Nepalese they have a few hybrids of. These Grape from Vermontman are outstanding! They will be in my greenhouse for some time I'm sure.

Next season I'm thinking the Highland Nepalese Grape crossed with the last pack of Purple Mexican from CBG that I have. They smell like barbecued ribs. I like the pairing right now anyways. Here is some nice Highland Nepalese Grape m X Auto Zamaldelica f f1's.
Peace farmerlion
20230702_190725.jpg
20230702_190437.jpg

drosera420

Premium user
Have been looking through this thread all morning, anyone know if there are any Outdoor Mountain Gold grows documented? The search is not coming up with much, and I can't spend all day looking..
Cheers
This is my garden attempt at lat. 41°. Turns out 7 of the 8 seeds popped were girls and I had to find a home for these 2 outside. They were pinched once and then bent over as they grew and pinned down with rebar hooks. Need to stay low profile in my location.

The first here is a purple satellite x big sur holy weed.
garden ps x bshw.jpg

Here's the Mountain Gold
garden mg.jpg

vermontman

Hey all,
I know this isn't a pure Highland Nepalese Grape, it's crossed to a female Auto Zamaldelica. These f1 plants are 3 1/2 almost 4 weeks from germinated seeds and they are demanding attention.

It's no secret that I love the Ace Lebanese and the Nepalese they have a few hybrids of. These Grape from Vermontman are outstanding! They will be in my greenhouse for some time I'm sure.

Next season I'm thinking the Highland Nepalese Grape crossed with the last pack of Purple Mexican from CBG that I have. They smell like barbecued ribs. I like the pairing right now anyways. Here is some nice Highland Nepalese Grape m X Auto Zamaldelica f f1's.
Peace farmerlion
View attachment 18860822 View attachment 18860823
Great to see you posting here @farmerlion and thank you for your Kudos!
Looking lush and wonderful there.

vermontman

This is my garden attempt at lat. 41°. Turns out 7 of the 8 seeds popped were girls and I had to find a home for these 2 outside. They were pinched once and then bent over as they grew and pinned down with rebar hooks. Need to stay low profile in my location.

The first here is a purple satellite x big sur holy weed. View attachment 18860831

Here's the Mountain Gold
View attachment 18860833
This early your beautiful ladies are going to get huge. I may be a bit biased but I am loving the leaf structure of the Mountain Gold. For me it is truly amazing to see such NLD develope into such huge solid buds as you will see.
Thank you for posting!

MIGreenman

Real gorilla seeds says they have Green mountain grape in stock. Good luck

Nice work MIGreenman, looking fantastic. Would you mind sharing a bit more of your feeding rates, ph etc. I assume it's coco from what I read earlier. Appologies if you've detailed this info previously. Your leaves have much less burn, where I'd like to be :) .

My plants get H3ads 6/9ml gal at 5.9-6.1. Early on silica and epsom are added. Calmag is all the way through at 1ml gal. The rate for 6micro/9bloom varies as I see the "claw" and tip burn, usually 1/2 strength for these sativas. Full strength only during veg but even then I tend to lean towards a 3/4 rate.

I only cut back on 6 micro after a few weeks into flower till it's gone for last few weeks after foxtailing and growth slows.

Any info you can share would be appreciated, always open to other ideas.
Hey there I'd be glad to share my system if it would help you. First off I feed pretty light. Dubi remembers when I started purchasing a bunch of seeds from Ace at the beginning of the pandemic and I kind of went nuts. I was pushing a super Malawi Haze to like 1.7 EC and absolutely fried it. Dubi was very kind and said I may want to back off. Lol so I learned. Using higher power LED lights also allows me to feed less for some reason. I use powdered two part floriflex bloom nutrients as a base and i max out at 1.3 EC at peak flowering now which is about 650 ppm. I don't push a lot of PK for a Bloom booster I keep things pretty balanced. I keep my room temperatures lower- I max out underneath the canopy at about 78° and the room is at about 73. 55% average RH throughout but I might pull that down to 50 or 52 at the end. My mix is pretty heavy on calcium and magnesium so I don't really use any Cal mag in flowering and yes I'm in cocoa in two and a half or three gallon pots watered twice a day. 1 minute in the morning and 1 minute in the evening. I also run an 11/13 light schedule for all my strains which I prefer. If I think of anything else significant I'll let you know but I carefully measure my pH and start a 40 gallon reservoir at pH 5.6 and I let it rise to about 5 8 or so. I have pH and EC meters and I use them daily. pH fluctuations can be a PITA. Hope this helps

Last edited:

drosera420

Premium user
Thanks for the info MIGreenman, I'll definatley have a look rates. Another thread speaks to the inconsistent mix of the GH mix. It may be worth swapping to a dry that i control.

Vman, sounds like more stakes are in order. One more round of tie downs will make them crazy wide but seems necessary. Veggies need time to climb the fence for some privacy.

vermontman

Thanks for the info MIGreenman, I'll definatley have a look rates. Another thread speaks to the inconsistent mix of the GH mix. It may be worth swapping to a dry that i control.

Vman, sounds like more stakes are in order. One more round of tie downs will make them crazy wide but seems necessary. Veggies need time to climb the fence for some privacy.
Yha gatta do what you gatta do! Really keen on how she they work out for you. Please feel free to keep us updated.
Today is pepper and eggplant repot day. And they need to go outside despite the everyday rain we are getting here. They are getting slammed with aphids being protected in the greenhouse.
Happy gardening!

bonghopper

Hello @bonghopper
Sorry for delay, I am a horrible typest. If I may, are you in the States? But yes to your question we do grow a lot of our own food here, also we do a lot of canning and freezing, but the challenges of weather are definitely making more difficult every year. It makes we wonder how the big farms cope. right now my Nepali Sativa is flowering about a solid month early because of the daily heavy cloud cover. I guess it is just a constant juggling act. Let me see about Hawaiian Sativa pic? Below was last years ladies and 10 weeks? Do you grow your Love potion plants mostly indoor? As far as the bananas they are at my winter home. I froze a bunch after I vowed to eat every one fresh! But hell that was a lot of bananas! So next winter banana Ice cream!
Please feel free to post pics of your love potion and anything else you are growing.
Thank you for your input. I am looking forward to your future posts.
CHEERS!

View attachment 18860807
Cheers for getting back, I'm in Ireland! Éire! Getting some very typical wet humid cool weather now after a nice dry warm start to the summer.
Thanks for the HFS pics, large calyx flowers, lovely, I'll check out that leaf shape in the MG's, are the Hawaiian's a shorter plant?

I do everything exclusively outdoors now, with some propagation in polytunnels. Gave up the lights a few years ago, so all the UEL is selected for disease resistance, effect, potency, aroma and flower density in that order of selection pressure, and a new generation grown out every year. Have been getting selfed and BX lines from a friend who has them under lights. They need 24hrs and rootspace to stay in veg indoors. Have started them as early as February under natural light. Cool, I'll take a few pics next visit.

That Nepali is very light sensitive, I never would have thought it would flower early from lack of sun, haven't seen that with early flowerers here, but then our climate is fairly tame.

Yes lots of crop failures and insect pressure on the food systems, the whole way we go about that needs a huge overhaul worldwide... From my research I conclude that ploughing/baresoil/monocrop/single purpose land use is one of the main culprits for weather extremes.. and also for mental health issues due to lack of community...

Good call having a winter home in the sun! Banana ice cream ummm, you run them frozen through a juicer? You ever hear of Diospyros nigra? - chocolate pudding fruit, came across those in Australia, its a type of Persimmon, like eating chcolate mousse right out of a fruit!

bonghopper

The first here is a purple satellite x big sur holy weed. View attachment 18860831

Here's the Mountain Gold
View attachment 18860833
Great training work, its like you have 10 plants in there per plant. I got a high female percentage too, I almost thought they were fem seed till I spotted a male. Looking good

vermontman

Cheers for getting back, I'm in Ireland! Éire! Getting some very typical wet humid cool weather now after a nice dry warm start to the summer.
Thanks for the HFS pics, large calyx flowers, lovely, I'll check out that leaf shape in the MG's, are the Hawaiian's a shorter plant?

I do everything exclusively outdoors now, with some propagation in polytunnels. Gave up the lights a few years ago, so all the UEL is selected for disease resistance, effect, potency, aroma and flower density in that order of selection pressure, and a new generation grown out every year. Have been getting selfed and BX lines from a friend who has them under lights. They need 24hrs and rootspace to stay in veg indoors. Have started them as early as February under natural light. Cool, I'll take a few pics next visit.

That Nepali is very light sensitive, I never would have thought it would flower early from lack of sun, haven't seen that with early flowerers here, but then our climate is fairly tame.

Yes lots of crop failures and insect pressure on the food systems, the whole way we go about that needs a huge overhaul worldwide... From my research I conclude that ploughing/baresoil/monocrop/single purpose land use is one of the main culprits for weather extremes.. and also for mental health issues due to lack of community...

Good call having a winter home in the sun! Banana ice cream ummm, you run them frozen through a juicer? You ever hear of Diospyros nigra? - chocolate pudding fruit, came across those in Australia, its a type of Persimmon, like eating chcolate mousse right out of a fruit!
Great to talk with someone from Ireland!
With the frozen bananas in a food processor add two bananas, one cup of frozen blueberries a splash of half and half and a dash of real maple syrup, zip it up and instant ice cream.
Last eve I made some with about three cups froze blueberries, a splash of 1/2 and 1/2 and dash of maple. Takes about 5 minutes. We call that tree black sapote or chocolate pudding fruit, never was a big fan of it though, there is another tree I forget the name but it is like custard not a fan of that one either. But I do love, and grow red papaya! Not the yellow one I nick named the yellow ones, ass fruit. Also grow Avocado which I love and the a Thai and dwarf cavendish banana.
I have seasonal affective disorder pretty bad and a winter in the dark and cold would melt my brain. Right now the sun comes up at about 4:30 AM and dark by 8:45 PM but with the many days of thick cloud cover and Canadian Smoke at times it acts a bit as light dep. And the Baglung Nepali was adapted for many generations I believe in Denmark? Where they gey probably an extra three hours of daylight than we do here at least, I believe. If you try to put this line of Nepali right into 12/12 flower they will herm!
CHEERS
PS After reading @farmerlion's thread, I must confess I guess I may be to selfish to share my smoothies with my plants. But it sure seems great to work for him.

Last edited:

vermontman

OAXACAN GOLD
Purple line X back to Green line repro.
After keeping these two lines which originated from the original Oaxacan stock, separate now for some years. Now crossed back to each other to reinstill line vigor by recombining the genes, and here is there offspring.

127_2072.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts