What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizz

Veteran
So whats the secret to no Cal Mag? Tap water?

One feed without calmag here and its visible the next day that the girls are missing Magnesium using R/O and 6/9.

I guess , I am not into all the technical stuff like BYF and milkyjoe, not saying its a bad thing , veg&bloom already has a good cal ratio in it

Grizz

Veteran
seriously Joesy that is awesome i have good water but i'de trade ya. or do think your ladies just adjusted to it over time?

I have no idea, LV water is terrible . mine is 200 to 300 ppm, couple yrs ago it was 500 ppm, I don't want to tell people they don't need to ph there water. what works for me may not work for you.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess , I am not into all the technical stuff like BYF and milkyjoe, not saying its a bad thing , veg&bloom already has a good cal ratio in it

exactly ! its all about the base nutes as to whether or not your going to need CalMag when using RO water . the strains have a little to do with it too , my sour bubble crosses need a small dose of calmag , but nothing else i run does .

I am surprised and impressed by how fast the Glue grows... ultra vigorous! these full-term outdoor starts here are on on their way to being big bushy 3 footers come planting time...

I feel like if I give them any more than a bit of N, they could end up being bigger than I want them for transplanting. like I've heard before, "she grows like a weed"!

how does her rooting time compare with her growth rate?

gh0st9

Veteran
Great rooting times foreigner, I had 6" cuts root in about 6 days with a full root system busting out of the rockwool blocks by 8. I got my technique pretty down pat, but I'm sure those who take 1000s of cuts regularly probably can do em that quick with consistency.

JW you should come down here to florida, hittin 500 ppms regularly used to float right at 300, but I can see spikes all the way up to 650-700

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
water in Orange County is almost 500 ppms. I personally won't drink tap water, anywhere here. Restaurants, my house, friends place. If its not R/O or filtered, im not drinking it. you can not only taste, but you can see and SMELL a difference in the water quality.

As for hte plants. mega increase in quality and consistency in growth once I switched to R/O. Turned the PPMs down from 440+ to 003. It has a high PH but after mixing it comes out perfect with no ph down or up, should put htose bottles away lol.

Thanks for hte response JW wasn't looking for science, just your reason.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
In Lansing my water comes out of the spout between 300-450, more like 185 through the smallboy with the catalytic carbon filter, I've been loving how the plants like it in comparison to ro, everything's less finicky and I'm saving $ on calmag

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Calcium and mag are relatively cheap but yes it's nice to not mess. I like to add back 20% tap so it's exactly like my room that I figured out that has 60 ppm out of the faucet. It holds ph ok . As for cal mag prices I'm certain it's less than $0.50 a pound for either in dry form and they're fairly easy to calculate and dissolve. I hope no one on here with more than a dozen lights is buying liquid calmag. If you are you might consider making your own. It's easier than going to the store. You mix salt and water and stir. Pour in 100 mils and calculate ppms to bring to proper level per tank. Write that number on the bottle. You saved 100 bucks in 3.5 minutes with les than a couple bucks in material.

I kind of wonder which costs more. The empty plastic bottle botanicare uses or the amount of Epsom salt and calcium are inside.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know with Canna nutes , they say to add 200ppms of calmag to your RO water before adding their A & B in . the Canna nutes are made for tap water , so if your using RO , you need the calmag .

jw23ck11

Veteran
What are some good organic nutrients that are also simple? I am going to try an organic run since my soil is organic and I use only two bottles of nutrients u can replace for a run. I'm looking at general hydroponics organic line and botanicare organic line. Im not looking to follow any directions on any bottles or run entire lines of 8 bottles. My goal is to get the same yields as my general hydroponics and moab runs with the organic label. Knowledge me...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are some good organic nutrients that are also simple? I am going to try an organic run since my soil is organic and I use only two bottles of nutrients u can replace for a run. I'm looking at general hydroponics organic line and botanicare organic line. Im not looking to follow any directions on any bottles or run entire lines of 8 bottles. My goal is to get the same yields as my general hydroponics and moab runs with the organic label. Knowledge me...

I use PBP. I know Unc uses GH vegan line. There both good. If you use any Organic be prepared for dirty equipment. The dippers often clog. . Keeping it all in suspension is difficult. The rez will get coated with organics. You will need to wipe the bottom and sides often. There not mix and forget nutrients. I got some HR dirty samples. I will try a run with it.

jw23ck11

Veteran
I use PBP. I know Unc uses GH vegan line. There both good. If you use any Organic be prepared for dirty equipment. The dippers often clog. . Keeping it all in suspension is difficult. The rez will get coated with organics. You will need to wipe the bottom and sides often. There not mix and forget nutrients. I got some HR dirty samples. I will try a run with it.

Pure blend pro might be the way to go for me. Is it just the pbp grow and bloom? I will not be using a bloom booster unless organic. For I'm looking at pbp grow and bloom, calmag and potters gold soil. Seems too simple. Am I not thinking of something I need to be successful? Remember, I've only been growing a year and want to learn. Im happy with my yields, I just wanna see what the organic side has to offer.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, I don't use any bloom boosters..I do use Beneficial Biologic's additives. For veg Seagreen, Rootbloom. For flower Kelp, Humic Acid...All are organic. If using drip put a filter on the pump so it wont clog.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
who's s1 po? Speaking of S1. I'm pretty sure I got the glue to drop pollen...While I was picking off male flowers I could see pollen falling off... I also took off some open male flowers from SDUBB but did not see any pollen drop from those. I took both and pollinated a SDubb with both. I also pollinated GG#4 s1#2 with both..Now I wait to see what I get :)

gh0st9

Veteran
YES

Please lets get this workin

Sdubb and gg4 probably would be some super killer stuff, your walking dead already has me droolin over here PF, brewing up some solid stuff there :tiphat:

This should be an exciting year

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran

I want to have buds look like these running Lucas formula. Reality is you need all the bottles if you want your gear to perform at the top level IME.

I'm running the entire GO line at 80% of the strength they give on the card, NOT what it says on each bottle.

9770309_orig.png

I feed the veg nutes until I have buds showing.

the only thing I add is some koolbloom powder @ 1tsp per 5 gallons every 3 weeks. my room is perpetual so the girls get it when they get it.

FF happy frog with super soil amendments and Mycos and GH sub cultures M & B.

GG#4 Organic Bottoms

picture.php

Tops

picture.php

Ripe Organic Glue will knock on your nose for a midnight chat…

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts