What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, I made a mistake with a perfect batch of gg. I ran out of ph calibration fluid and was too lazy to get more.... So i have been damn near feeding my ladies with a ph of 3.( i didnt realize it was so far off) its week 6 and i feel like they are not drinking much, they never showed stressed and I am in coco. Would you guys flush for a day or something? or just continue business as normal and chalk it up to a learning lesson.

flush them with a low dose of your base nutes with a proper PH range of 5.9 & then flush them again after they dry out a bit . you have to reset the cations in the coco & get the PH back in range in the coco also . then you can resume normal feedings & check your calibration regularly !!!!

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
So, I made a mistake with a perfect batch of gg. I ran out of ph calibration fluid and was too lazy to get more.... So i have been damn near feeding my ladies with a ph of 3.( i didnt realize it was so far off) its week 6 and i feel like they are not drinking much, they never showed stressed and I am in coco. Would you guys flush for a day or something? or just continue business as normal and chalk it up to a learning lesson.
i would mix up a tank of half strength nutes at 6.2. flush through with the half strength solution. do it a lilttle bit, check runoff, do it again til the run off is 6.2. feed em 3/4 strength every feed until the run off comes shows its more diluted than input. that shows they are hungry and then go back to normal mild strength base nutes (1.0-1.3 at 5.8-6.2 ph)
it should be ok.

Grizz

Veteran
i just looked at my notes and the only real difference i can see is the plants getting smaller yields are getting more calmag and less base in early flower. These plants have been looking better than the plants getting more base and less calmag, but they're just not swelling up the same.

I just put one in about 10 days ago and have been going real light on the calmag. The leave are a little on the light green/yellow side, but it looks like bud production has increased. I'll keep u guys updated and try to get some pics up soon.

I NEVER NEVER use any calmag, if I add anything its light Epsom salt for mag, I finally convinced MarrDogg he dident need cal and he is liking it better without it.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran

This is y I always keep the little ph dropper with the vile handy, in fact did a few whole runs with it and no problems, its always pretty accurate enough.... I'd do what dan said.

3 weeks into flower with gg4 in soil decided not to ph at all this run because from what I reserched soil can buffer on its own and the extra phosphorus from ph solution can fuck things up...no sign of ph problems and plants seem happy..anybody else skip the ph in soil runs?

Grizz

Veteran
hell I don't even ph my water, haven't in a few years, I did check it a while back and after adding everything it was 6.2 to 6.4, this just freaks Dans out I know but it works for me, and im in coco

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
3 weeks into flower with gg4 in soil decided not to ph at all this run because from what I reserched soil can buffer on its own and the extra phosphorus from ph solution can fuck things up...no sign of ph problems and plants seem happy..anybody else skip the ph in soil runs?

Never, that's one of the benefits of running organic soil.

Aspenou812

Veteran
seriously Joesy that is awesome i have good water but i'de trade ya. or do think your ladies just adjusted to it over time?

hell I don't even ph my water, haven't in a few years, I did check it a while back and after adding everything it was 6.2 to 6.4, this just freaks Dans out I know but it works for me, and im in coco

Then shit... I should be good in soil, I did check the ph and it's right in the same range as yours after all is added.

I'm over the snake oil salesman with the crazy nutrients and additives I'm running marrdogs feed this run and things are looking way better then my heavy 16 runs but damn that veg&abloom shit looks like the next step up prob order some when I run out of maxi bloom.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So whats the secret to no Cal Mag? Tap water?

One feed without calmag here and its visible the next day that the girls are missing Magnesium using R/O and 6/9.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Has anyone tried monster cropping GG4??? Taking cuts from plant 21 to 30 days into flower. Takes longer than standard cuts, but supposed to have insane growth and branching.

Monster Cropping - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=224569

Went back and saw PF is doing it now. Never heard the term before. Tried reveg, but gave up, probably too soon. Also gave 18 hours a day, when should have used 24 hours a day.

Last edited:
thanks guys! i really appreciate the help. These are solid recommendations, Wish i Had noticed this before week 6 :( . I have been using almost 3 caps of ph down per 10 gal res for a month now. A testament to how resilient gg4 is to foolish activities. I think some of my other strains would've thrown a fit.

S

SPG.

aHH! P.1028 ...

^yea revegging gives a good "Foundation" to look at.. :-D ..Wouldnt ya say!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The reason my glue gets insane is because of my dwc setup. I ran a couple glues in soil and the yield was no comparison. Theres something about the plants having everything they want when they want it. Its like a fat kid who lives in a bakery that cranks out fresh donuts 24/7. With soil i just cant make perfect plants. Theres always an issue of some form. Ever since going hydro i never see deficiency. I still enjoy some organic product from time to time but even after 10+ years of attempts my soil game never works out as well.

I was wondering why the SLH from GHSco was so slow in veg and in flower. I watched a video with Arjan and Franco and 1x SLH was in organic soil, and 1x SLH was in hydro. The soil grown was small and vegged super slow. The hydro plant was large and vigorous with double or even triple the yield.
Im just too scared to go hydro or DWC. Ide like too though some day. It does a much better job than soil.

I grew in an ebb and flow hydro system with rock wool and switched to soil after 5 years and saw no drop in yield or vigor...I was running high ppms in hydro as high as 1500 later in flowering which could have contributed to lack of performance..so Imho it's not always a step up running hydro but knowing what I know now I'm tempted to switch back but soil is just so easy and forgiving...

S

SPG.

^Heck yea go dwc ..I went from Soil to Nft,the difference in speed & yield makes ya smile
Dwc and you'll Smile a bit more

Aero cant be beat..Just look at the Cloning for e.g

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts