What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneyK

Veteran
I found that gg4 flowers real fast so ya gotta hit em early with a pk boost I accidentally hit em early week 2 an they loved it, I usually go week 3 or 4 even before I start my pk boost. I use pk13/14 half dose week 2 full week 3 an half week 4.
I found my leaves gettin a lil yellow earlier than I usually like even runnin 1.4 ec. Might try to bump it up to 1.6 around week 5 or 6 this time around for the big finish(hopefully...lol)
No 0-50-30 products used I bought moab but have only used it in one res bulk with no added potency doesnt turn me on(wish I would have known it before buyin), id rather have a 30% bud thats a lil smaller than a huge bud that's 24 or 25% personally.
Just less plant material to smoke thru to get your dose the way I see it.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The reason my glue gets insane is because of my dwc setup. I ran a couple glues in soil and the yield was no comparison. Theres something about the plants having everything they want when they want it. Its like a fat kid who lives in a bakery that cranks out fresh donuts 24/7. With soil i just cant make perfect plants. Theres always an issue of some form. Ever since going hydro i never see deficiency. I still enjoy some organic product from time to time but even after 10+ years of attempts my soil game never works out as well.

gh0st9

Veteran
Right there with ya PF never really noticed any real appreciable difference in yield or structure by using a specific pk booster. I've always just been a fan of bumping the feed up slightly if anything. Why buy extra stuff thats already in your feed? Now humates and other additives of the like add benefit to the root zone microbial health so issues there with me there

Grizz

Veteran
Dans made a believer out of me with the veg&bloom, I have never had gg stack for me like it does using v&b. I feed 1 table spoon per 5gl of base and one tea spoon of plus size at start of 12/12 then at week 3 I add 2 teaspoons of plus size until week 6 then flush till week 9. just don't get any easyer than that

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
Dans made a believer out of me with the veg&bloom, I have never had gg stack for me like it does using v&b. I feed 1 table spoon per 5gl of base and one tea spoon of plus size at start of 12/12 then at week 3 I add 2 teaspoons of plus size until week 6 then flush till week 9. just don't get any easyer than that

what brand are U talking about...???

gh0st9

Veteran
Yort he's talking about HR(Hydroponics research) veg+bloom, a 1 part dry feeding formula akin to GH maxibloom. They make multiple diff lines now. Jw you using tap with it? Thinkin about grabbin some samples...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Glad its working great for ya :tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Absolutley concur with Str8edge... Cyat I've noticed my plants do way better with just a base feed rather than trying to finagle a pk in there, so it might have to do with pk levels before there needed for sure, 2nd run now, I have nothing but dense golfball/wiffleball(?) sized nugs that stack up into nice bats. Just feeding at 1.2-1.3, silica, Maxibloom/ 6/9, 1tsp per 5 gal epsom. 79-81 degrees at 65-70% humidity, starting to drop that going into the flush.

i'm so glad to hear that its not just me with bad luck with pk boosters . i'm sticking to just my base nutes from now on , i have had better results 2 fold with just a base nute compared to any PK i've tried .

gh0st9

Veteran
Nice, ok gonna have to get my tap analyzed in hittin just at 500 ppm regularly at this spot. Heard nothing but good things about v+b, in coco as well, glad to hear you and dans giving it the vote of confidence

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
ok...bite the bullet and ordered the V&B dirty plus the life+... should make my summer smoother....thanx guyz....

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Has anyone used the General Hydroponics Flora series, with GG4? If so, were the results positive or negative?

spaceboy

i just looked at my notes and the only real difference i can see is the plants getting smaller yields are getting more calmag and less base in early flower. These plants have been looking better than the plants getting more base and less calmag, but they're just not swelling up the same.

I just put one in about 10 days ago and have been going real light on the calmag. The leave are a little on the light green/yellow side, but it looks like bud production has increased. I'll keep u guys updated and try to get some pics up soon.

So, I made a mistake with a perfect batch of gg. I ran out of ph calibration fluid and was too lazy to get more.... So i have been damn near feeding my ladies with a ph of 3.( i didnt realize it was so far off) its week 6 and i feel like they are not drinking much, they never showed stressed and I am in coco. Would you guys flush for a day or something? or just continue business as normal and chalk it up to a learning lesson.

morgandecaptain

Been using HR veg+bloom for about 3 years,great guys and if you have any questions just call them. You can also use + Size in a aero cloner to speed up rooting.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Has anyone used the General Hydroponics Flora series, with GG4? If so, were the results positive or negative?

I used the flora nova bloom on the first glue plant i ever grew. It turned out awesome. Had the most chocolaty smell/ taste of any plant i have grown since. That's compared to jacks in promix/happy frog and advanced ph perfect in hydro. Don't know if the flora nova is the reason for smell/ taste, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts