What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
If only I could get that kind of yield. What lights are you running?

He stated earlier he vegges for a very long time, 60+ days, and is using DE fixtures. If I can get the Glue to produce 2lbs/light with a 90 day total cycle (including veg and flower), you can too.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Was a cool showcase aside from the fact he said it's called #4 because of the multiple awards it has won lolz

That showcase was for me and that's not what he said. He said the #4 has won major awards, not "that it has won 4 major awards." He was distinguishing because if you look back at their older videos, you'll see he reviews a "Gorilla Glue" before, only it was a crap knock-off.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjFOoNSr7m0

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
He stated earlier he vegges for a very long time, 60+ days, and is using DE fixtures. If I can get the Glue to produce 2lbs/light with a 90 day total cycle (including veg and flower), you can too.

By the same logic my glue should test at 32% lol, glue cuts should come with a "results may vary" warning for guys like me behind the learning curve

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
By the same logic my glue should test at 32% lol, glue cuts should come with a "results may vary" warning for guys like me behind the learning curve

Well, I hear ya. But what I meant is that I'm not doing anything crazy different and it can be done. Just need to get really familiar with her is all - I've had her for a while now so it makes sense.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WALL OF GLUE :D 52 DAYS

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That showcase was for me and that's not what he said. He said the #4 has won major awards, not "that it has won 4 major awards." He was distinguishing because if you look back at their older videos, you'll see he reviews a "Gorilla Glue" before, only it was a crap knock-off.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjFOoNSr7m0

It was a great feature.. many props your flowers looked amazing!!!
After watching it again it seems he just didn't finish his comment about why it's called #4 then he just jumped to the multiple award comment
Which was a bit confusing...I love that it got him a little misty! That's powerful shit

KiefSweat

Veteran
whats the longest anyones let some glue go? had a friend let some go 12 weeks, the only difference i notice from earlier crops is a more mellow sweet coffee stink while earlier crops tend to be more acrid.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
whats the longest anyones let some glue go? had a friend let some go 12 weeks, the only difference i notice from earlier crops is a more mellow sweet coffee stink while earlier crops tend to be more acrid.

Later crops were more mellow sweet coffee?

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole

This happens with deathstar also. Pulling early is a bad idea, but I think over flowering can alsolose some flavor and potency. My deathstar gets the chop at 63 every time, I'm thinkin the glue will get the same

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
This happens with deathstar also. Pulling early is a bad idea, but I think over flowering can alsolose some flavor and potency. My deathstar gets the chop at 63 every time, I'm thinkin the glue will get the same

Pulling early?

resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-pull-out-but-when-i-do-its-just-my-couch-b1100b.jpg

What do you mean letting cuts go longer loses potency? I always let mine go at least a week longer than what is suggested. They get more of that rounded high and not just the uppity, short length high. I feel the flavors have more of a chance to come into their own as well.

Do you mean letting them go an arbitrarily long amount of time like the 12 weeks mentioned? That does seem overkill. I usually pull strains around 70 days, give or take 5 days as I see fit. I will pull strains earlier than that though if they are telling me that they are finished.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Is 63 days considered early for the glue?

I think 63 days is the consensus around here. I've only ran her once but chopped at 67 days. Probably keep it around the same time this run too. Plenty of the "dick in the dirt - gluetarded" stone at 67 days for this lightweight.

Grizz

Veteran
i just got off the phone with matt the owner of elev8, he is getting pf's pic taken off and supposedly putting one up of what there actually selling in seed form. I also talked with there breeder and like I said yesterday they never even had the gg4 cut. they started with a s1. seems they bought s1 seeds at the 2014 ht cup.

I think in the long run they may turn out to be a very good seed vendor, hopefully they will fly a banner here on icmag even though matt was banned yesterday , lol..

please give them a day or two to get there shit togather , I know they started out on the wrong foot and believe me there getting the full brunt of the icmag community.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Pulling early?

View Image

What do you mean letting cuts go longer loses potency? I always let mine go at least a week longer than what is suggested. They get more of that rounded high and not just the uppity, short length high. I feel the flavors have more of a chance to come into their own as well.

Do you mean letting them go an arbitrarily long amount of time like the 12 weeks mentioned? That does seem overkill. I usually pull strains around 70 days, give or take 5 days as I see fit. I will pull strains earlier than that though if they are telling me that they are finished.

Yes I meant going 12+ weeks with cuts that are not mostly sativas. My buddy read somas book on organics and got obsessed with the idea of running everything way longer. The headband was nice at 12wks, the deathstar was not. The taste was off and it had no punch. I flower everything at least 9weeks. When I said over flowering, I meant taking em down 20+ days longer than recomended

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a good way to start a legit business. Once they lose the trust of the community getting it back is not an easy task. Why did they not just get a real GG#4 cut. They should get a real cut then do there 5xbx. That would be much better than using someones s1 seeds... They also have Starfighter witch would be s1 or F2 if they had bought a pack when they where available. I see they deleted all the remarks from FB...

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Potency is a bell curve, there are optimal times to harvest any strain, if you're going for pure potency numbers. Otherwise its subjective and some people prefer the high given by something cut early/late.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Yeah if they never started with the clone and all seeds available are "mediocre" in their own words, then how can they make seeds that consistently recreate the clone. They'll get their's. Karma is about the only higher force I believe in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts