What's new

Oaxaca A5 Haze feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks everyone for your updates and to new ones for joining us @Onuma Sativa :wave:

@el mani lovely :) she is already showing the unmistikable Oaxacan calyxes and bud structure

@El Timbo These cloudy, rainy (and highly welcomed) days we have been experiencing in this part of the Mediterranean are perfect for this genetics to switch into flowering mode.
She’s really filled out and should start flowering soon ..

Very promising bush in early August :D @The Baphomet big sized, and a picture of health.
How is she doing 1 month later, already into flowering there ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great job :smoke: @early_bird impressive yield you got from her, especially considering the hot summer conditions and the change of lamp in flowering. Glad smoke tests are promising so early, however, even for vaping, i like to let the harvest dry and cure for at least 2 months.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with this new genetics with all of us. Enjoy! 🥳

@Neiko guess you already harvest your girls, congrats! ;) Please, keep us updated with smoke reports and your insights on the Oaxaca A5 Haze girls you had when the right time comes.

power puff

i like to let the harvest dry and cure for at least 2 months.
Indeed 3 months seems to be the sweet spot.....

I have 3 oax a5 and two golden tiger a5 about 7 weeks in flower and conditions getting harsch here at 53 north now. Cold rain and wet. They are under a roof so no direct rain but humidity is high. Fingers crossed for better weather soon. The 5 plants are all different. GT A5 one is A5 dom the other more Golden tiger.

With the Oax it seems I have 3 phenos, one very big buds, one more elongated branches that are floppy and a lot of smaler buds (I guess Oax dom) This one smells best but all citric. And one in between.

I did the in between pheno in spring and love the buds, but now they are more compact as they had real sun.

I hope I can make some worthy pics for you, for now they are cramped up...sorry.

El Timbo

Mine is untopped but it's developing a triple headed top bud. It also has some variegated leaves - all good though. About 3 weeks into flower.

DSCF0991[1].JPG

Cactus Squatter

How do I keep my wife out of the uncured Oaxaca x A5??? 😆
3 days in a row I’ve come home to the unique smell of my pheno 3 plant being burned… Wifey, it ain’t ready yet!!! It’s only been in cure for like 3 weeks! Wait!!!
But no, it’s her new favorite.
Great body feel, great gentle euphoria that’s very soft and relaxing feeling without being sleepy or head foggy. The body feel is really really good.

I’ll have pics of the trimmed buds of each of my 3 phenos pretty soon. I was out of town when they finished and photos didn’t get taken of the flowers before my buddy cut them down for me.

I had 3 distinct phenos. All taken at 11ish weeks. Pheno 1 the earliest, then 3 then 2. 2 could have probably gone another week or so, but I wasn’t around to know to hold off a bit on her.

Pheno 1: Strong lemon smell in flower along with a little bit of the liver smell when touched. Looked very A5 dominant and much like the A5 leaning phenos of the KA5H and Panama A5. Soft, light feeling fluffier buds once dried. This one was slightly susceptible to bud mold, but was open enough in structure I was able to treat it and not have it spread. I think the only reason I had an issue with mold was losing my AC unit in the 3rd to last week, the day after a heavier watering and had them going for a while at roughly 103°. It got stupid humid for a while there.
This one has a very bright effect with so far zero body feeling.

Pheno 2: floral, musky lemon rind kind of smell. Chunkier bud structure and heavier construction. Looked a lot like the chunkier phenos of Super Panama Haze I grew. Heaviest yielding and by far the slowest to dry. Zero mold issues. Responded very well to pruning and branched like an octopus all over the place. This one would do really well in a monocrop grow with proper training.

Pheno 3: Predominantly Musky, Floral smells. Very beautiful smelling. A field of this has got to be what stoner heaven smells like. It also has a kind of funky and heavy undertone to it that reminds me a lot of some of the Mexican weed I grew as a kid. I cure my stuff in Grove bags and have them in a large locking cabinet. I can distinctly smell this one through the bags, through the cabinet doors and about 3 feet away from the cabinets. I have probably 10-12 different types of flower around it this is all I can smell. That includes smelling it over some really stank indicas. Her smell just really has some legs.
Special looking from the start of flower, her structure was identical looking to the Haze x KaliChina I grew. Very old school haze looking, not sure if it’s from the Haze A genetics or if it’s an Oaxaca thing that influenced the shape. Soft buds but less open than pheno 1 in structure. Pheno 1 opens like layers of feathers, this one all the calyxes are woven together forming a single structure. The body feel is amazing! It’s also very social feeling and up lifting.
I’ll be doing a large monocrop run of this one when I finish my Zamaldelica run and will get really good pictures of her.

I’ll get photos of the dried and cured buds soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts