What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budley Doright

Veteran
you mean like this?

View Image

also I was under the impression perfect flowers are monoecious being both pistilate and staminate (like most all other flowering annuals), akin to a genetic intersex cannabis plant where the plant has both female calyx and male flower buds all over the plant and budsites...

and imperfect flowers would be like our ideal, dioecious cannabis plant.

as where plants that produce balls at the nodes or produce nanners are two types of environmental intersex usually involving stressors causing an interference with the plants production of ethylene... resulting in the expression of male flowers as the production of female calyx tissue requires certain levels of ethylene... though technically it is still genes that regulate any one plants sensitivity and subsequent reactions to envirinmental stresses :tiphat:

Reproduction
Cannabis normally has imperfect flowers, with staminate "male" and pistillate "female" flowers occurring on separate plants.[14] It is not unusual, however, for individual plants to bear both male and female flowers.[15] Although monoecious plants are often referred to as "hermaphrodites," true hermaphrodites (which are less common) bear staminate and pistillate structures on individual flowers, whereas monoecious plants bear male and female flowers at different locations on the same plant.

Ask ed...

Cannabis is the only dioecious annual—that is, each plant is distinctively either male or female—though some individual plants may be or become hermaphrodites, producing both male and female flowers.

The pic you posted to me..... looks mostly male...... and could be reversing..... but I cant really see much femaleness going on....

Ive seen some indications..... that when a plant looks male..... its may still be confused sexually..... and may revert to female.... after only a couple male flowers at an early node....

I was looking for a plant still obviously mostly female with some male flowers......

But thats just me.....

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The most dangerous kind occur at the internodes.... those type are affectionately called balls..... while the other kind....are nanners.....

Balls are separate male flowers.... they are also called imperfect flowers biologically.... the plant has male flowers and female flowers on the same plant......

Nanners are a different kind biologically speaking they are called perfect flowers because male and female parts in contained in the same flower.....

As I have explained.....there are 2 hermie types....

Biologically speaking..... perfect and imperfect flowers....

Nanners...and balls....

Reproduction
Cannabis normally has imperfect flowers, with staminate "male" and pistillate "female" flowers occurring on separate plants.[14] It is not unusual, however, for individual plants to bear both male and female flowers.[15] Although monoecious plants are often referred to as "hermaphrodites," true hermaphrodites (which are less common) bear staminate and pistillate structures on individual flowers, whereas monoecious plants bear male and female flowers at different locations on the same plant.

Ask ed...

Cannabis is the only dioecious annual—that is, each plant is distinctively either male or female—though some individual plants may be or become hermaphrodites, producing both male and female flowers.

The pic you posted to me..... looks mostly male...... and could be reversing..... but I cant really see much femaleness going on....

Ive seen some indications..... that when a plant looks male..... its may still be confused sexually..... and may revert to female.... after only a couple male flowers at an early node....

I was looking for a plant still obviously mostly female with some male flowers......

But thats just me.....

yeah that plant was male then 7/9 from that line started putting out calyx and pistil towards the top... also right where it starts going from male to female there were two lone nanners apoppin'

and yeah what you copied and pasted is basically what I was saying... that, imperfect flowers = dioecious (the kind of plants we want to grow) meaning a plant cannot self fertilize like most all other annuals... making it imperfect.

that's why I didn't understand when you said this, biologically speaking o'course -
"Balls are separate male flowers.... they are also called imperfect flowers biologically.... the plant has male flowers and female flowers on the same plant......

Nanners are a different kind biologically speaking they are called perfect flowers because male and female parts in contained in the same flower....."

you see your hypothesis here is in complete contradiction to what I emboldened in the quote of your last post

Budley Doright

Veteran
You have me confused as hell....lol

"Balls are separate male flowers.... they are also called imperfect flowers biologically.... the plant has male (separate) flowers and female flowers on the same plant......

As ed posted...

Nanners are a different kind biologically speaking they are called perfect flowers because male and female parts in contained in the same flower....."

WHere as nanners in typical usage are generally dioecious with a few perfect flowers.....which of course is a contradiction....

an individual flower which contains bits of both male and female parts....

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I started a pack and a half of citrus sap a week and half ago..most of them popped lost a couple to dampening off because my dumbass was too lazy to sterilize but have 14-15 goin strong..I'm really stoked about this cross now that I heard that its tangie x gorilla glue#4 can't beat that!! To think I went the past few weeks thinking man I can't wait to try or make a gg#4 x tangie and started those seeds not even knowing any better lmao.

Im in the process of making Tangie x GG#4(r).
"Orangutang" Just gotta get it together here shortly and make it happen.
The Tangie is a dainty little girl. Got 5 seed plants going now.
All 5 are dainty. She doesnt like to grow side branches so maybe since the Tangie is the opposite of GG#4, the opposites will balance eachother out. Good luck with your "Citrus Sap" grow.
I really cant wait to try some straight Tangie.
Although I like how the GG#4 grows alot more than the Tangie grows.
I bet she would be good for a SOG grow since theres hardly any branches on her.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Burnt Rope
lol, well that's cuz you're not making sense.

point is, you're wrong about plants that make seperate male floral clusters on female plants ie Chems and Sour D's... those are not imperfect flowers... a true female cannabis plant, with no expression of intersex is.

Budley Doright

Veteran
point is, you're wrong about plants that make seperate male floral clusters on female plants ie Chems and Sour D's... those are not imperfect flowers... a true female cannabis plant, with no expression of intersex is.

Well now thats a real shocker.....A true female cannabis plant with no expression of intersex....is a dioecious plant..... with 100% imperfect female flowers

IMO a female plant with intersex must by definition be either a Monoecious plant with either perfect or imperfect flowers.....

SOmething that might help....

Cannabis is a dioecious annual flowering herb. Cannabis usually has imperfect,
unisexual flowers:the male (staminate) reproductive structures are completly
separate form the female (carpellate, somtimes called pistillate) structures
which means the entire plants usually only bear only male or female flowers,
with male flowers borne on loose panicles, and female flowers borne on racemes.

However it is not unusual for individual plants to bear both male and female
flowers, a condition called monoecy. Flowers of both sexes sometimes occur on
separate inflorescences, or sometimes within the same inflorescence.

You dont happen to have a link do you......

It might clarify things for me..... tia......

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

this is getting dumb, my bad guys I don't know how he spun this thread into Herm speculation central.. zerezhu didn't look like he had herms anyway in the first place.

Budley Doright

Veteran
I agree....very stupid..... no link huh??????

IMO you have made very odd comments and cant link to any of that.,....

Claiming Im wrong doesnt cut it....

I was a mentor on overgrow.....

Ive met more than my share of karma bullies in my day........

I did a lot of work with sick plants..... years

got a lot of respect..... once I gave up being mentor...... the respect vanished.....

I met lots of karma bullies..... and I lost my passion for working sick plants......

I asked for a link ....not song and dance

Last edited:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i'm not about to go posting links since this is easily verified.

perfect flower has pistils and stamen in the same flower. like when you get banana's in your weed and virtually every flower in your backyard garden. monoecious. imprefect flowers are what weed plants do where the male and femalr flower are on separate plants altogether. dioecious. hermies are dioecious as the 2 flowers are still not together but on separate parts. pistil and calyx next to stamen and balls. but not all the same structure.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Thank you for your kind post.....

but...that doesnt seem to make sense with this part of my last link....

However it is not unusual for individual plants to bear both male and female
flowers, a condition called monoecy. Flowers of both sexes sometimes occur on
separate(Imperfect) inflorescences, or sometimes within the same(perfect) inflorescence.

The enclosed words are mine.....

Here is my first link.....

I see no real contradtiction.......just clarification

Reproduction

This is of course the essence of my misunderstanding....if it is indeed me who is not understanding....

Last edited:

JointOperation

ok.. so question is.. has anyone used the glue in a SOG type scene with a screen..

I want to flower out the glue asap.. I got 1 room going at my buddies house because we couldn't get the big ass glues here.. so I left it there and put it into flower 2 days ago...

I took clones. I got about 300 clones.. ill pick the best 200 after rooted..

I was told duding happens if they don't have enough root space for the glue?... umm.. I was going to do clones into 32 oz Gatorade bottles.. with the holes int he bottom big enough for roots to grow threw.. and then put them in a 3x3 flood and drain table filled with soil for extra room..

I figure.. 7-10 days veg.. directly into flower.. and make sure I got a screen up..

this is just to try and get a decent size harvest ASAP.

N

NewAgeGenetics

sounds good!

gg4 stretch a lot anyways... sog with screen should be good.

CCfromTCC

I got 2 sections In my room I'm doing a glue sog in, one in pots the other a bed.. My advice is pack them in close as shit and take off all branches, make them into nothing but single tops..

Mikenite69

Veteran
Glue getting there!

Glue getting there!

Here is my glue stacking and putting on a show.

Glue
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Preview of gorilla glue#4 x FBPK was put in after the glue.
picture.php

Sorry for the shit pics I'll get better ones up at chop.

Zarezhu

I've got 4kw of glue almost done with week 4 of bloom.

All quantum dimmable ballasts and magnum xxxl hoods (I know I know, I need to upgrade, this is my first run in this newly built room and I got the eq on the list for 600 bucks!)

I've got 2 1000w HPS, 1 7200K 1kw MH and 1 4200K 1kw MH. Should have 3 slightly different variations as all of these plants have been under their respective lights for their entire bloom cycle!

So far, and very interestingly enough, the 4200K mh seems to have the best and fullest canopy.

Dankushy

[YOUTUBEIF][/YOUTUBEIF]
Im in the process of making Tangie x GG#4(r).
"Orangutang" Just gotta get it together here shortly and make it happen.
The Tangie is a dainty little girl. Got 5 seed plants going now.
All 5 are dainty. She doesnt like to grow side branches so maybe since the Tangie is the opposite of GG#4, the opposites will balance eachother out. Good luck with your "Citrus Sap" grow.
I really cant wait to try some straight Tangie.
Although I like how the GG#4 grows alot more than the Tangie grows.
I bet she would be good for a SOG grow since theres hardly any branches on her.

Awesome bro!! I'm gonna be crossing gg#4 with both Crockett dawg and sour banana sherbert too..really lookin forward to those crosses!

smokeyla1

[YOUTUBEIF][/YOUTUBEIF]

Awesome bro!! I'm gonna be crossing gg#4 with both Crockett dawg and sour banana sherbert too..really lookin forward to those crosses!

Damn that sounds incredible, that's like crossing diamonds to gold and platinum!

Sucks living on east coast and no access to clones like those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts