What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizz

Veteran
I have a glue/gavita question for yall

I just put my original glue clone into flowering under my brand new gavita 1000 light.....

Tell me if this sounds crazy......

I look at marlows verticals.....and I also look at many screen/double screen grows....

Has anyone considered a combination grow with gavitas...

Make a screen for the horizontal plants.....and train others to be vertical plants.....

The vertical trained glues taller....with the screen plants trained shorter....

been trying to do that with screens going on the walls and the scrogg screens in the middle but my room is just to narrow and I cant get to the wall with the scrogg screens in the way, I know it would work but if you cant reach the wall it wont

Budley Doright

Veteran
been trying to do that with screens going on the walls and the scrogg screens in the middle but my room is just to narrow and I cant get to the wall with the scrogg screens in the way, I know it would work but if you cant reach the wall it wont

Love it the glue man himself.... Im in michigan and got a clone from an ann arbor dispensary which is close to where the cup was last year.....( they sponsored the sativa entry....catfish at the cup....which won....)

My screen is accessable from 3 sides......

Im considering the typical 4 plant setup..... with 1 plant on each end....

and 2 more on the wide side...... 8 total.......

I see the light on the wall and just started thinking..... hmmmmm....

I would probably make the horizontal footprint a bit smaller to compensate......

Aspenou812

Veteran
Oh my this conversation has gone wrong on so many levels sorta like the picture above i mean 3' tall and sexy, so wrong

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Love it the glue man himself.... Im in michigan and got a clone from an ann arbor dispensary which is close to where the cup was last year.....( they sponsored the sativa entry....catfish at the cup....which won....)

My screen is accessable from 3 sides......

Im considering the typical 4 plant setup..... with 1 plant on each end....

and 2 more on the wide side...... 8 total.......

I see the light on the wall and just started thinking..... hmmmmm....

I would probably make the horizontal footprint a bit smaller to compensate......

Pics or it didn't happen

Oh my this conversation has gone wrong on so many levels sorta like the picture above i mean 3' tall and sexy, so wrong

Par for the course

Grizz

Veteran

well if lovin you is wrong I don't want to be right, lol. been wrong all my life, that's why I am a outlaw.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Im considering .....

I aint bragging...... just thinking.......

Heaven forbid we stop doing that.....

I do have a confession....... I have my outdoor pepper plants manning the positions where the verical glues......might be....

lol

I have done similar to what you wanna do. Had a flood table with 2k over it and an 8 banger t5 mounted to the back wall of the table.(not my idea, the owners of the houses idea). I always noticed on the far end of the flood table that there was a lot of light being lost.

So I took some of the green plastic netting that comes on a roll from lowes, and attached it to the ceiling and brought it down to the floor. Left enough extra on the end on the floor to set a 5 gal. pail with a plant in it on the extra to tighten it up.

Then threw a mini-mother I had in the pail and went to town. It grew well and pretty much filled in the netting. Got just about a qp from the plant when it was done.

Edit: I knew I had some pics. You can see little tidbits of plants that were in the flood table.
picture.php
picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran

lmao !!! Aspen , if ya hang around these guys long enough ..... you'll realize that pic is very very mild !!! :biggrin:

how ya doin Girl ??? everything going better in the garden ?

Zarezhu

Hey glueheads
It's a really really sad day for me today
First indoor run in this shed and I already seeded a decent portion of my plants
Hopefully the seeding wasn't too bad. It was a tiny (10") male plant that was hiding under the canopy up until a 5 days ago. I chopped her, and soaked everything down twice in an attempt to kill any pollen. The plant had a few open male clusters. Hoping that what DID get pollinated, is under the trellis and all hashable lowers anyways.

Here's my glues, like 42 of them or so, currently 3.5 weeks into bloom

Here's what some of my nice colas look like

And now onto my main concern.....

ARE THESE STARTING TO HERMIE ON ME??

I'm hoping that its just a few seeded calyxs, but they're very light colored and I have a lot of nugs with these light yellow/green spots starting to poke out A lot of the lowers, and the calyxs in the internodes are swelling largely, and have these premmy seeds in them

Do hermaphrodites ALWAYS show at internodes, or do they start throwing nanners in the middle of buds?

If a cola has 99% white lush hairs, with a few pollinated calyxs, will the rest of the bud finish properly (as long as no new pollen is introduced)?
Also, why have I been finding large but premature seeds inside large swollen calyxs that have 2 white pistils coming out of the calyx? Shouldn't the hairs turn brown, and then shrivel up and die?

How long from being able to visually identify the hermaphrodite do I have before it dumps viable pollen?

Last edited:

OgRastaman

Looks hermie but good things might come out of those beans, I have had flowers before that had light yellow budgets on the nugs, swollen clauses with hairs but seed,sacks,in them not all showed but almost all of my crop went hermie on me mad was a bitch to trim
Good,luck with your run there is some stuff called "Optic foilar switch" and the product claims that it will, Stop the development of New seeds and boost the flowering process, also a product from Dutch masters called "reverse " which is the original product that claims to be used in the production of,seedless watermelons
There is enough trees for,everyone BLESS!

Last edited:

Budley Doright

Veteran
Looks hermie but good things might come out of those beans, I have had flowers before that had light yellow budgets on the nugs, swollen clauses with hairs but seed,sacks,in them not all showed but almost all of my crop went hermie on me mad was a hitch to trim
Good,luck with your run there is some stuff called "Optic foilar switch" and the product claims that it will, Stop the development of New seeds and boost the flooring process, also a product from Dutch masters called "reverse " which is the original product that claims to be used in the production of,seedless watermelons
There is enough trees for,everyone BLESS!

A seedless watermelon is a sterile hybrid which is created by crossing male pollen for a watermelon, containing 22 chromosomes per cell, with a female watermelon flower with 44 chromosomes per cell. When this seeded fruit matures, the small, white seed coats inside contain 33 chromosomes, rendering it sterile and incapable of producing seeds. This is similar to the mule, produced by naturally crossing a horse with a donkey. This process does not involve genetic modification.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Do hermaphrodites ALWAYS show at internodes, or do they start throwing nanners in the middle of buds?

If a cola has 99% white lush hairs, with a few pollinated calyxs, will the rest of the bud finish properly (as long as no new pollen is introduced)?
Also, why have I been finding large but premature seeds inside large swollen calyxs that have 2 white pistils coming out of the calyx? Shouldn't the hairs turn brown, and then shrivel up and die?

How long from being able to visually identify the hermaphrodite do I have before it dumps viable pollen?

Let me try to help you with some of this stuff...

Cannabis actually has 2 main categories of herm flowers.....

The most dangerous kind occur at the internodes.... those type are affectionately called balls..... while the other kind....are nanners.....

Balls are separate male flowers.... they are also called imperfect flowers biologically.... the plant has male flowers and female flowers on the same plant......

Nanners are a different kind biologically speaking they are called perfect flowers because male and female parts in contained in the same flower.....

The simple answer....yes....

Also, why have I been finding large but premature seeds inside large swollen calyxs that have 2 white pistils coming out of the calyx? Shouldn't the hairs turn brown, and then shrivel up and die? That would be a mystery to me.....

One thing to note.... a flower....say a preflower has a tiny ovary attached to each white hair..... in your pic....they look too large for that....if pollination occured I would expect the hairs to turn within a day or two...

It depends on the kind of herm flower.... the kind at the nodes are most dangerous....because the pollen can get airborne easily since they dangle just like any male flower....

The other kind..... nanners often create few if no seeds....

I think the explanation is that since they dont dangle ....and are in close proximity to moist female parts they dont release pollen..... unless you try to remove them......fuck with them.....

Last edited:

Budley Doright

Veteran
That brings up a question......

maybe someone has experienced this.....

As I have explained.....there are 2 hermie types....

Biologically speaking..... perfect and imperfect flowers....

Nanners...and balls....

I can honestly say.... in all my years growing Ive not seen both kinds on the same plant....

Ive seen plenty of both types...... but has anyone seen them on a single plant????

it could be.... that because I kill any plant with balls immediately ....it has no chance to make nanners.....

much like a male plant which might revert to female......

It was only when I kept males for breeding that I noticed that could happen....

generally they are killed early...before they have a chance to revert to female growth.....

ANyone ever see a hermie...with balls and nanners????

Zarezhu

Burnt rope, really appreciate the insight. It sounds like good news to me. Ive been running 85 degrees with 1000ppm co2, im gonna lower temps to 80-82 just to hopefully keep herms from happening in the future, if theyre not there already. Just soaked all my plants in water as well, another attempt to kill all pollen that may have made it through the first two soaks.

Looking at my plants again, I couodnt find a single male organ at any of the internodes, theyre all female calyxes.

Im hoping the light green spots on the buds are just seedpods or new cakyxes forming, but only time will tell.

Other than the hermie scare, everything else is going tits

OgRastaman

A seedless watermelon is a sterile hybrid which is created by crossing male pollen for a watermelon, containing 22 chromosomes per cell, with a female watermelon flower with 44 chromosomes per cell. When this seeded fruit matures, the small, white seed coats inside contain 33 chromosomes, rendering it sterile and incapable of producing seeds. This is similar to the mule, produced by naturally crossing a horse with a donkey. This process does not involve genetic modification.

that is some nice info Burnt Rope i was not aware of that pretty interesting

i was just saying what the company not saying that it works or i believe what that company is saying just passing the info along that i was told by the company i used both of these products that i mentioned but neither product stopped my flowers from producing beans, this company also states that once you use this product that it changes the genetic make up of the plant and it will no longer pass down the unstable genes , once again i used these 2 different products and pulled my plants early and chalked up my losses and started over with better genetics to work with and a revised feed scheduled

Budley Doright

Veteran
Thats not the whole story.....

The watermellon with 44 chromosomes is made with shenanegans.....

but thats a different story....

No tellling if thats the only way to make a seedless watermelon....

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ANyone ever see a hermie...with balls and nanners????

you mean like this?

picture.php

also I was under the impression perfect flowers are monoecious being both pistilate and staminate (like most all other flowering annuals), akin to a genetic intersex cannabis plant where the plant has both female calyx and male flower buds all over the plant and budsites...

and imperfect flowers would be like our ideal, dioecious cannabis plant.

as where plants that produce balls at the nodes or produce nanners are two types of environmental intersex usually involving stressors causing an interference with the plants production of ethylene... resulting in the expression of male flowers as the production of female calyx tissue requires certain levels of ethylene... though technically it is still genes that regulate any one plants sensitivity and subsequent reactions to envirinmental stresses :tiphat:

Dankushy

I started a pack and a half of citrus sap a week and half ago..most of them popped lost a couple to dampening off because my dumbass was too lazy to sterilize but have 14-15 goin strong..I'm really stoked about this cross now that I heard that its tangie x gorilla glue#4 can't beat that!! To think I went the past few weeks thinking man I can't wait to try or make a gg#4 x tangie and started those seeds not even knowing any better lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts