What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Halfway through the cubing process with gg4...have 5 blue glue m x gg4 f and hoping to find a male to back cross to gg4 to complete the 3rd stage then one more time and should have something as close to a regular line that we're going to get..but it's still totally possible the cubing will not produce true gg4..fingers crossed

Just a heads up, When your writing out lineage always put the female 1st. It's the proper way.. If the M/F is not noted all will think the Blue glue will be the female the way you have it wrote.

(GG#4 x Blue Glue)

Glue
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HillBilly1

Veteran
Halfway through the cubing process with gg4...have 5 blue glue m x gg4 f and hoping to find a male to back cross to gg4 to complete the 3rd stage then one more time and should have something as close to a regular line that we're going to get..but it's still totally possible the cubing will not produce true gg4..fingers crossed
Do Work Mr

MuchoMaas

Amazing strain

Amazing strain

Thought I'd chime in with a few pics. I was gifted a couple of cuts and this is my second run with her. Friends can't get enough! This is truly some amazing herb!

The smell and looks remind me of some herb that was going around the Ventura County area of S. California circa 1990/91. Back then ganj didn't have names aside from, "kind" or "KGB" or "The Kill Bud" and this particular strain was referred to as "Oregon Indica" To this day, it is the Bud all other bud is compared to (by me) The Glue is VERY reminiscent of that bud; maybe it's great grandfather? LOL...who knows, all I know is that I'm pretty happy to have this cut

Currently running 2x1000 hps, using promix hp w/mycorrhizae as a grow medium.

Nutes: Connoisseur A&B, BigBud, Silicablast, Cal/Mag, Insect Fras (chitosan), BS molasses.

These pics are day 39. (last pic is a project of mine. Forum cut cookie X some insane, random bag seed herb) I call it "cookie monster"

Attachments

• herbal1.jpg
    herbal1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 17
  • herbal2.jpg
    herbal2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 13
  • herbal3.jpg
    herbal3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 14
  • herbal4.jpg
    herbal4.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 11
  • cw4.jpg
    cw4.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 14

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
does your dog even rock method 7s bro!?

View Image

theres plenty of good or maybe even better strains out there..but cannot deny at the end of the day that any of them have the same taste as the GG4, that unmistakable palette that reminds me of the sour dubb. the flavor, smell, along with its vigorous cash cropping growth, is what sets her apart from alot of "elites"…

Nevermind the cool dog, how am I the first one to point out how immaculately clean that whole setup is?! Fuck, if I don't have ants in the warm months I'm doing good.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Is this how ICmag treats its new members?

Is this how ICmag treats its new members?

To some the GG#4 is just as elusive as the thin mint cookies, uk cheese or bigfoot, non existent. People like myself have to go on across the country trips to legal states with the hopes of maybe catching a glimpse. Where can I sample the real deal in Denver, in about 20 days?
Will there be cuts at the cup?

Please allow me to share my opinion

Rant start,

At least the trolls don't get ignored. I thought this was the cut for showing how to pick a mom, for the folks that can't get clone onlys. I just don't understand how this shit works. The unwanted behavior gets rewarded with attention, but I ask a simple question about how to get one at an upcoming weed trade show in a legal state and get ignored. I guess I don't exist, since I don't have any genetics that people want.

I actually started a thread called "How I pheno hunt", that got over 300 views in 2 days, but only 2 welcoming responses. I just don't think I fit in.

People get upset about watching cuts being passed around in front of them, and while they shouldn't bitch about it. They definitely shouldn't be told things like (sounds like someone cant get what they want). Its is a very childish comment that hurts more people than it intends to. I question if I would even want to be part of a "group" that tolerates this sort of bullying.

When I heard about the story behind the glue, I really thought I had a chance at a cut and found this thread. But I am realizing its not much different than the rest of them. I have tried a few times to interject myself into convo, posted a pic. But I must be on ignore or something.

Members Only !!!​

I suppose I could try to make friends with the people that have what I want, so I can get it from them. But I think that's childish and very selfish as well. I really dislike the notion of making friends with someone because they have something you want.

But it seems that is the way the "inner circle" world works.

Just sharing the perspective from outside the window, looking in.
Rant over.

Back to lurking, since I really have nothing to add to this thread except my thoughts as a lurker.

onavelzy

Veteran
Would be to cross it with some male ( kushy probably) and then inbreed the line keeping the females more leaning to GG#4.

You can´t never know beforehand, you´ll never know if you don´t try.
I guess you´re doing great with the cutting; why spend time+resources into breeding if you can flower the cutting and be making money.

I have had the same kind of answers 10 years ago when the Femi craze started around here.

¿ Why we don´t select and breed somenthing?

Naaah, too much work and they are going to hack it

Everywhere same attitudes....

Harry,

No need to jump on others for growing the way that they want and for not having already made the GG4 IBL that you want. When you want something done right, goodness knows, you gotta do it yourself. None of this "We" nonsense, right?

¿ Since you made the suggestion, why don't you make the out cross, the back crosses, and then stabilize out to f7 or so?!?

I know it'll probably be a coupla few years, five or six, maybe ten tops, depending on how many seeds you sort each gen and how much phenotypic variation there is, considering the poly-hybrid parentage.

That'd be great of you to take this on, thx. Once you pin it down, then you can freely share the product like JW and MD did when they gave the cuts away. It takes a man with resources, time and above all vision to come up with a stabilized GG4 IBL we can all share.

Press on.

morgandecaptain

Rant start,

At least the trolls don't get ignored. I thought this was the cut for showing how to pick a mom, for the folks that can't get clone onlys. I just don't understand how this shit works. The unwanted behavior gets rewarded with attention, but I ask a simple question about how to get one at an upcoming weed trade show in a legal state and get ignored. I guess I don't exist, since I don't have any genetics that people want.

I actually started a thread called "How I pheno hunt", that got over 300 views in 2 days, but only 2 welcoming responses. I just don't think I fit in.

People get upset about watching cuts being passed around in front of them, and while they shouldn't bitch about it. They definitely shouldn't be told things like (sounds like someone cant get what they want). Its is a very childish comment that hurts more people than it intends to. I question if I would even want to be part of a "group" that tolerates this sort of bullying.

When I heard about the story behind the glue, I really thought I had a chance at a cut and found this thread. But I am realizing its not much different than the rest of them. I have tried a few times to interject myself into convo, posted a pic. But I must be on ignore or something.

Members Only !!!​

I suppose I could try to make friends with the people that have what I want, so I can get it from them. But I think that's childish and very selfish as well. I really dislike the notion of making friends with someone because they have something you want.

Rant over.

Back to lurking, since I really have nothing to add to this thread except my thoughts as a lurker.

You need to have a thick skin and not take things so personal if your going to spend time on a forum. Between the trolls,mental defects and generally disagreeable types it can be a mine field. This thread gets a ton of people trying to find cuts and I think most just tune it out after a while. You will need patience and a bit of luck maybe to find a legit cut depending on where your at. Lots of jerks spreading fake cuts.

Grizz

Veteran

Rant start,

Members Only !!!​

Rant over.

lol, I don't think anyone is ignoring you, I personally don't know if anyone will have gg4 cuts in Denver or not. I am in NV.
making friends and networking will get you way more than a cut, good friends are something that is for life, there isent really a glue circle, this cut is spread so far and wide I have no idea how many people have it now, thousands I would guess. asking for cuts is against tou on icmag but if you talk with people I bet you can track one down in your area withing a month. good luck in your endeavor

Dankushy

Just a heads up, When your writing out lineage always put the female 1st. It's the proper way.. If the M/F is not noted all will think the Blue glue will be the female the way you have it wrote.

(GG#4 x Blue Glue)

Glue
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Awesome frostbite! I currently have our blue mango pollen blue crush x mango haze and blue mango x hb in freezer sealed up in viles just waiting to impregnate my gg4

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Rant start,

Members Only !!!​

Rant over.

Most don't just start sending out cuts to strangers. I don't Know who the Leo newbies are. Until I get to know you nothings gonna happen. You do need to make friends so everyone can get to know you. That's just the way it is. I'm very happy I got to know many of these perverts. You have to network or you will never get the opportunity to try some of the true Elites.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome frostbite! I currently have our blue mango pollen blue crush x mango haze and blue mango x hb in freezer sealed up in viles just waiting to impregnate my gg4

That's not mine its [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kaiser Sozay cross[/FONT] I was just letting him know the female in any line is always listed 1st .

onavelzy

Veteran

Rant start,

Members Only !!!​

Rant over.

Shiska,

Some of your comments I couldn't follow but I understand the gist of what you said I think. When you asked where you could sample the real deal in Denver and would there be cuts available at the Denver HT Cup, no answer didn't mean people didn't want to speak to you. It meant they didn't have an answer.

There were cuts available at the SoCal cup and i think I read someplace that some folks (Krunchbubble?) will have cuts available at the SF Cup too. At SoCal, a number of folks were using the cuts to raise funds for JW's fight against his charges. That may be something that happens at the Denver Cup too but I don't know and I'd gather the others didn't either.

In my experience, there is no cabal of inner circle cool kids/mean girls who dispense acknowledgement and information depending on how much praise and anal cleansing is passed their way. there's some here who've been here a long time and are familiar with each other and there's some who've been here a minute. There's everything from big scale professional growers to folks like me with nothing to offer but a smart ass comment or two.

Last year when I wanted to find a good strain to grow for a friend who had bone cancer, I quickly found out about the strain and this thread. I was able to learn enough here in just a few weeks of reading and occasionally contributing to find my way to a cut, despite knowing not one person who actually grew pot, really not one person who even smoked pot (other than my son and his slacker gamer buds).

The folks here aren't snobs, they're usually pretty helpful. Just stay with it, add what you can to the discussion and you'll find the answers and access you seek.

Damn, another wall of words. I suck at the written word

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran

that may be a very interesting cross, maybe get the yields up on the mango haze, that's the only thing I dident like about the og mango.

Status
Not open for further replies.