What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
solvent-free is what i ment lol. i think? i forgot. lol. 'the clear' is solvent free?

i cant keep up... new names for bubble, new concentrates... old man
yea theres so many and new methods every fuckin week it seems…

the clear and others like it are from steam distillation i believe, could be wrong, and then some of them re add artificial terpenes. smoked some "pineapple" that smelled so artificial but wasn't too bad.

then theres the different butane/propane made varieties like "live resin" aka fresh frozen. most butane is just made with dry material, the fresher the lighter it comes out. also i noticed all gorilla glue usually makes caramel colored amber instead of the bright gold from OGs and sours, but my friend just made a big run with fresh GG indoor larf that he said came out really bright but i won't see it for another week. and apparently propane helps w brighter color.

and yea the whole ice water hash is getting better too, theres "live sift" where you take fresh frozen plant and sift it, thats arguably the best. its all about the grease when it comes to Ice water hash. so many different techs involved, usually with micro planing or sieving the patties into the thinnest possible layer, then its rolled out on parchment until its super thin making it look damn near clear. love smoking this stuff but it NEEDS to be on a low temp nail to get the best taste.

hash 101, i could be wrong about a few things but thats what I've gathered. got to smoke some of the 1st place ice hash from LA cup really nice, damn near whitish cream colored stuff made from an OGKB cookies cross.

If someone with bad asthma tried it oh man that could be bad very bad for them.

i have asthma, its all about doing low temp dabs when it comes to extracts. one of the main reasons i think you guys are getting that harsh lung expansion is because the nail is too hot. i can barely handle a hot nail hit, it will absolutely destroy my lungs. but if you let it heat up and sit for about 30 seconds it will usually come down in temp, thats when you will really understand extracts. nice smooth hit and terpenes for days. on the e-nails the accepted temp these days is around 580-600.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's why I said asthma. I know people that have it and smoke. Have read its good for Asthma... I'm not familiar with pnuemothorax. I'm sure its nasty. Anyone t hats has these type of healthy issues should stay clear of the dabing.

SocalNugz

I have a SnoopDogg G-Pen that only has 1 setting. Its the expansion that kills me. The potency of shatter closes up my lungs and makes it hard to breath after taking a hit as well. Im in my forties and been smoking since I was 13. I cant take bonghits anymore either.
I can only smoke joints and ocassionally I hit my waterpipe. Thats all my lungs can handle at my age.

Nice low temp dab would do you much better bud.
EVERY pen ive tried is harsh an tastes like it burns the wax there is one exception I just saw at the cup called a dr.dabber its a low temp pen hits very nice you actually get to taste your concentrate and the hits arent overheated so they burn ur throat.
I was pretty amazed the guy made me try it I didnt even wanna bother with it.
Small hits off low temp dabs are the easiest it gets on my lungs it feels like at least. That or a volcano nothin beats a great vap

Lyfespan

No going HOT and HURTY with the dam dabs, what's wrong with people? Enails, or get a dam infrared temp gun, stop fucking up your throats and burning the dabs. Also take some time to play with the combustion level of different extracts.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
pnuemothorax is not a health condition, its a collapsed lung lol. Happens to usually tall skinny dudes, but can happen to anyone. The lining around your lung breaks, and viola! most pain in the world, collapsed lung!

And theres only 2 ways a dab is going to hurt your lungs.

Hot hit. Friends don't let friends hit red nails.

Dirty Wax. If you are sensitive you need to get your errl dewaxed. Not just purged. And starting material would be the best place to start. Quality > Quantity

bobblehead

Veteran
pnuemothorax is not a health condition, its a collapsed lung lol. Happens to usually tall skinny dudes, but can happen to anyone. The lining around your lung breaks, and viola! most pain in the world, collapsed lung!

And theres only 2 ways a dab is going to hurt your lungs.

Hot hit. Friends don't let friends hit red nails.

Dirty Wax. If you are sensitive you need to get your errl dewaxed. Not just purged. And starting material would be the best place to start. Quality > Quantity

3. You take such a big hit that you cough hard enough to create a pnuemothorax.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Friend has lunch cancer and has a partially collapsed lung. So sad, he gets all of his health benies through the navy and afraid to use cannabis for fear of getting cut off. He is only 32.

Vibes brother

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
yea theres so many and new methods every fuckin week it seems…

the clear and others like it are from steam distillation i believe, could be wrong, and then some of them re add artificial terpenes. smoked some "pineapple" that smelled so artificial but wasn't too bad.

then theres the different butane/propane made varieties like "live resin" aka fresh frozen. most butane is just made with dry material, the fresher the lighter it comes out. also i noticed all gorilla glue usually makes caramel colored amber instead of the bright gold from OGs and sours, but my friend just made a big run with fresh GG indoor larf that he said came out really bright but i won't see it for another week. and apparently propane helps w brighter color.

and yea the whole ice water hash is getting better too, theres "live sift" where you take fresh frozen plant and sift it, thats arguably the best. its all about the grease when it comes to Ice water hash. so many different techs involved, usually with micro planing or sieving the patties into the thinnest possible layer, then its rolled out on parchment until its super thin making it look damn near clear. love smoking this stuff but it NEEDS to be on a low temp nail to get the best taste.

hash 101, i could be wrong about a few things but thats what I've gathered. got to smoke some of the 1st place ice hash from LA cup really nice, damn near whitish cream colored stuff made from an OGKB cookies cross.

i have asthma, its all about doing low temp dabs when it comes to extracts. one of the main reasons i think you guys are getting that harsh lung expansion is because the nail is too hot. i can barely handle a hot nail hit, it will absolutely destroy my lungs. but if you let it heat up and sit for about 30 seconds it will usually come down in temp, thats when you will really understand extracts. nice smooth hit and terpenes for days. on the e-nails the accepted temp these days is around 580-600.
Pretty sure the clear takes butane extracted oil, and then does the steam distillation to remove further impurities... I could be wrong, but I think that's what everyone's assumption was. The clear "Raw" is the only one they don't add terpenes back into, and it's kinda bogus IMO. The terpene added stuff is fine, but in some cases the flavor is kind of extreme, where it's better 50/50'd with another, natural (i.e. no terps added) oil for a dab IMO.

As for the GG#4, yep, IME it usually comes out slightly darker than other varieties... That "slab" I posted was from flowers pulled at day 58, blasted ~12 days later. When I do that with other varieties is always comes out looking so blonde it's almost clear. Also I've noticed with the Glue that no matter what I do, it never will come out as a rock hard shatter from my Glue flowers. I don't really give two shits about it when it comes to what I dab, but the "dabkids" around here that I deal with want the """stable""" rock hard shatter. Smh.

Agreed about low-temp dabs. I'm a cougher, always have been, and if I hit a nail that's too hot, you'll see me bury my face into a pillow...

Get the nail just right, nothing but a smooth vaped rip of tasty oil that is ohsofuckingbeautiful... I don't have an enail but my boys that do, around 600 seems to be great indeed.

That and, anyone saying BHO destroys their lungs is just dabbing the wrong oil... that's another problem out there.

spaceboy

Droppin a little funk...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Was preaching low temp nail last yr at the party. Was amazed to see so many homies hitting red hot nails
nothing better than a perfect temp dab!. had my timing down. For a few years now but 2009-11 I did not like dabbing at all. Hot hits and un vacuumed oil.
now it's all i really do.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Taken at 67 days. I was not impressed with how it turned out, definitely user error. I've already learned from my mistakes and am training the next round to be better suited for my set up. :yes:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
That is the best looking KKSC I have ever seen. I have never had a decent strawberry smeller, how is the nose on that one?

Berries is unique. Taste is earthy and hashy. Smell is clear a room strawberry creamy funk. You absolutely cannot walk into a bar, grocery store, etc with some berries in your pocket. Initial soaring high followed by a leveling, smooth sailing weed. By no means would I describe her as anti anxiety. I've seen her make a few people squirm. Easy to trim, heavy resinous buds. Packs weight quick and finished 50/50 cloudy amber in 65 days. I usually take her 70 though. Not sure why on second thought. I like her very Stoney though. The more I show her off ion icmag the more I realize how special she is.

Had her for about 8 yrs and have given out cuts to most of my buddies. I've figured her out pretty well, can achieve a very nice, even canopy and can grow her large or run her small and quick. I personally like her in 5-7 gallons and fill up a tent. But, I've also thrown her in a 20gallon and trained her out FAT.

dbe2wpb.jpg

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Beautifully done with the KKSC budman678. Had her years ago and wish I had kept her. The nose on her was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts