What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiloz

On every continent huh? Well its not in the northen parts of europe thats for sure.'

Mfuckers dont even know what GG is over here. Its a shame really.
Best we got in Scandinavia is Girl Scout haze Cookies

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Got a table full of the prettiest duds you've ever seen. Nice buds, no smell, no sticky. Chop em on the 17th. Will make a big addition to the compost pile. Maybe something will change between now and then but it's highly doubtful.
Do you think you might have some sample worth getting to a lab?

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Any pics RR?

Not going to waste the time to snap a dud. Kinda pissed about it.

Do you think you might have some sample worth getting to a lab?

Got a table full of sample material. Doesn't mean I'm sending it to a lab. Done wasted way to much time and money on it.
It has a better chance of going to a landfill.
Seriously, you can grab a bud, fondle it and your hand doesn't get sticky or hardly smell. Not even worth oiling.

S

StudenTeacher

any science behind the dud theory yet? or just a theory(i mean observation) ?

There's a member that goes by 'Storm Shadow' here on IC and in my opinion he and Skunman Sam got it figured out. Stem nematodes:-/

A clone nursery in Southern California called Progressive Options was pumping out Sour Dubble cuts like crazy a few years ago and they were infested big time with Broad mites and these nematodes. Eventually the whole stock at PO was compromised and down went hundreds/thousands of gardens, including mine. These guys sell hunderds of cuts a day and have a 2-3 week waiting list for people that want more than just a few. The cuts they have are famous elites and they were spread far and wide across the western USA, and so were the nematodes. My theory is if it's happening to the GG#4, it's the same critters. I am on quest for a few of my family members to procure a GG4 clone at the LA cup, though my fear of clones runs too strong to take any into my own garden. I found a few gems though in the 200 seeds I sprouted back in July/august, so things are looking up:)

S

StudenTeacher

Whats a tissue culture?

Sorry but im only asking cus I'm not American nor am i a brit.

A tissue culture is a scraping from a live plant that gets incubated in a laboratory setting and grown into a plant. It's basically a scientific way to make clones. Kit's can be purchased for home use, so you don't need to be a scientist, however a sterile setting is needed to achieve good results.

I will be giving this a try for the first time in the coming weeks with GG4 and a few others. It does take a few months as opposed to just rooting a clone in a week. It's a good way to pass on the genetic without the bugs.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a table full of the prettiest duds you've ever seen. Nice buds, no smell, no sticky. Chop em on the 17th. Will make a big addition to the compost pile. Maybe something will change between now and then but it's highly doubtful.

again!
oh man that's heartbreak hotel

Let me know if I can help maybe change your luck

Grizz

Veteran
Not going to waste the time to snap a dud. Kinda pissed about it.

Got a table full of sample material. Doesn't mean I'm sending it to a lab. Done wasted way to much time and money on it.
It has a better chance of going to a landfill.
Seriously, you can grab a bud, fondle it and your hand doesn't get sticky or hardly smell. Not even worth oiling.

sorry to hear that my friend, sure dident look like duds in the pic's I saw but I know you know wtf your talking about, I had the same luck with sour dub, not one dud from gg4 yet, knock on wood. I know we can get you hooked up with a fresh cut anytime your in town

resinryder

Veteran
again!
oh man that's heartbreak hotel

Let me know if I can help maybe change your luck[/quote

Thanks GS. It's like a dark DANKLESS cloud hanging over the grow room. Everything on the tables around it is doing and looking excellent and has been, even with the last run so I know it isn't something that's spreading. Go figure. 75-80 day strains do just great, a quick 60 day turn around keeps sticking it to me. lol

sorry to hear that my friend, sure dident look like duds in the pic's I saw but I know you know wtf your talking about, I had the same luck with sour dub, not one dud from gg4 yet, knock on wood. I know we can get you hooked up with a fresh cut anytime your in town

I can see 1 or 2 maybe even 3 but 9?? Fuck me, lol If you got those pics I sent you can post them. I just don't want to go out and look at them again today lol
We'll get something lined up soon. Thanks

S

StudenTeacher

Thanks GS. It's like a dark DANKLESS cloud hanging over the grow room. Everything on the tables around it is doing and looking excellent and has been, even with the last run so I know it isn't something that's spreading. Go figure. 75-80 day strains do just great, a quick 60 day turn around keeps sticking it to me. lol

I can see 1 or 2 maybe even 3 but 9?? Fuck me, lol If you got those pics I sent you can post them. I just don't want to go out and look at them again today lol
We'll get something lined up soon. Thanks

Hi resinryder, the duds also started for me with Sour Dubble. She would veg great and about 4-6 weeks into flower she was fully dudded out. Some would make it til week seven. It didn't affect anything else in the garden really until about 2-3 rounds later. I ran the dub twice and tossed it out, but I noticed a 10% drop in yield and a slight drop in quality on the ladies I kept around. After another 2-3 rounds is when the witches broom came along , with dud syndrome on most of the ladies. That's right about when I ended up in the poor house. So it basically it took a year or more before they took over the garden. All the while i was going nuclear on what i thought were broad mites, so the plethora of poisons I was using on clones and early veg did not stop them at all. The mites were certainly dead though. Did you notice stiffer banches breaking off easier than normal? Please be cautious, and clean /sanitize the area the best you can. I'm scared for everyone getting these duds. They put a lot of growers I know out of work. I'm finally back rockin' killer meds after a long slow journey to the bottom. If it duds once I wouldn't anticipate it ever being OK again. Good luck and happy growing:)

resinryder

Veteran
Did you notice stiffer banches breaking off easier than normal?

Noticed nothing different. Last run i bent the tops over, pinched them everything I normally do. Seemed to have put them 2 weeks behind.
So this time I let them do their thing naturally, introduced bloom foods a week earlier, cut out the veg foods at the same time. They started budding up but noticed by day 28 they weren't frosting up like they should no biggie. Had to fly back home for 10 days came back and not much more had changed other than the buds had gotten bigger but a lack of resin and smell.

S

StudenTeacher

Interesting resinryder, of about 30 varieties I ran from clones the past couple of years I did notice some were more resilient and dudded without showing extreme symptoms. Two of the troopers were Chem D and Blue dream. They would lose smell and lack frost at the end and were always the last to show symptoms. Maybe the Chem sis is this cross is more resilient as well and helps the GG along a bit. They still turned out like crap, but not as bad as most others. More like what you are describing, relatively normal plants that just dud at the end. The duds can still make a mediocre quality of oil if that's something you're into. Better than a lot of oil from trim.

resinryder

Veteran
Got some healthy unrooted non dudded gg cuts for you my brother.

And POOF just like that. lol Thanks Marrdogg. I really appreciate it.
Didn't see that before I posted that last one.
I really like this girl but I'm about to lose my mind, or(before jw can comment) what little I have left of it anyway, lol, over this thing.
first run I did before losing the cut was excellent.
Beyond pissed is where I am at the moment, lol

resinryder

Veteran
Interesting resinryder, of about 30 varieties I ran from clones the past couple of years I did notice some were more resilient and dudded without showing extreme symptoms. Two of the troopers were Chem D and Blue dream. They would lose smell and lack frost at the end and were always the last to show symptoms. Maybe the Chem sis is this cross is more resilient as well and helps the GG along a bit. They still turned out like crap, but not as bad as most others. More like what you are describing, relatively normal plants that just dud at the end. The duds can still make a mediocre quality of oil if that's something you're into. Better than a lot of oil from trim.

Got a friend with a MKIII I think it's called so we can run some through to see if it is worth it or not.

resinryder

Veteran
A year ago I ran a cut of stardawg and also what was supposed to be ECSD but I think my friend mislabeled that on. Both of them grew great but no smell or resin on them. 2 separate friends, 2 separate states. Got the Star Dawg from another friend who originally got it from the friend I sent it to originally, (shit i hope that made some sense) and it did great.
I don't know what happened to the first Star Dawg, and the supposed ECSD cut, well that friend keeps his moms very small and a lot can go wrong with the way he does things so I can see things going wrong with that one. Still looking for the real ECSD too. It'll come back around.
Point I guess I'm making is sometimes shit just happens. Getting real tired of it happening out in my bloom room tho, lol

Mad Lab

Would be nice to test samples so the community can get to the bottom of this "dud theory".

Unlikely, this is a good theory. More likely broadmites or nematodes. Or likely something else, but genetic duds... Im not so sure.

quadracer

Just started a 4x8 room flowering. Hopefully this is the real deal. There is definitely some leaf curl. 3x600w. Organic soil.

Still need to prune some of the undercanopy and put a second layer of netting on.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There have been test done all negative.. Admin closed the dud thread because no one could find a conclusive answer so it just kept go round and round.

I got a answer for the DE 4K BULB. The life span is 5k hrs. that= about 14 months 12/12. There is nothing wrong with that. SE bulbs only last 9 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.