What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGrow

Veteran
that's one thing I know its not is broad mites, I am doubtfull about the nematodes but from what storm shadow has said the chitosan has cured his dud problem as well as a few others that had duds, I had some of it but the fucking cops took it, hope they smoked it.

The nematodes are pure speculation. Not a single positive test. Dollars to donuts, it was fusarium causing the problem. Any immune system booster will help against any pathogen. Aspirin/salicylic acid, willow water work fine. Chitosan is another immune system booster, albeit, expensive. I'll stick to aspirin, humic, and fulvic acids. Much cheaper, and do the job. Fusarium has the same exact lower stem rot as the phantom stem nematodes, and would also be ameliorated by using chitosan, aspirin, etc.Fusarium spores are everywhere, and will endure in a garden for years if not eradicated preemptively.

Mad Lab

The nematodes are pure speculation. Not a single positive test. Dollars to donuts, it was fusarium causing the problem. Any immune system booster will help against any pathogen. Aspirin/salicylic acid, willow water work fine. Chitosan is another immune system booster, albeit, expensive. I'll stick to aspirin, humic, and fulvic acids. Much cheaper, and do the job. Fusarium has the same exact lower stem rot as the phantom stem nematodes, and would also be ameliorated by using chitosan, aspirin, etc.Fusarium spores are everywhere, and will endure in a garden for years if not eradicated preemptively.

More likely than a 'dud'. (not making fun of good growers who claimed the dud theory)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
GET MO, when you get your plant to reverse can you post a pic of the pollen?.. Mine is dropping the male flower clusters but no yellow powder yet. The gg#4 did the same thing no powder I had to dry the naners crush them then apply. I was hoping to get normal powder like any male produces so I can store it for later use. My rev plant is only 12" tall but that shouldn't matter.

no prob. I jus went and checked tonight and saw some balls developing. try to get a pic tomorrow.

Grizz

Veteran
just checked they hybrid enterys at the LA cup, two collectives entered gg4, buds looked white as snow but a little sparse . looked to be a lot more entered this year and some nice looking buds, go to ht cup 2015 to check it out

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
1-5 grams per gallon according to Storm... foliar and drench.

So far I've just done a foliar application at 3 grams per gallon just to see how plants would respond, they seemed to love it.

2 grams = 1 tsp. IIRC

Just because it's fresh in my mind I'll elaborate, from gtcbio aka bestchitosan.com you want the "COP-1" chitosan o. l. for max solubility. It was $67usd per kilo at $65 shipping, came to $199.

And the girl I was dealing with said bulk orders would be less...
maybe that was the price and shipping was more i cant remember the break down but after shipping it was 950 for ten kilos. for some reason i thought the shipping was less but whatever the case the end price was similar.
chitosan has some pretty signifigant advantages over other immune stimulants and it can be done cheaply if you limit it to 1 gram per gallon 2 x per week. its not a lot of scratch. in comparison to asprin it is quite pricey. 10 cents a gram and one of my rooms is 30 gallons a day from three waterings. so 10-15 gallons 2x a week at
10 cents a gallon. 3 bucks a week plus veg. total. $3 x 9weeks plus a few bucks of veg. treatments. 30 bucks for 9-12 lights all the way from clone til harvest. not too shabby. shave the cost of your grow by eliminating snake oil and overpriced cheaply produced liquid cannabis industry grow nutes like bloombastic calmag and moab and you can easily afford it.

around 3 bucks a light total. its pretty affordable. its a great seed treatment for increasing germ rates and has trichome boosting effects. plus its not resold to you via cannabis marketing in a fancy bottle at 50 times the cost with awesome descriptions of 10-20 % yield increases. lol.

StoneyK

Veteran
Jw I must have done 15 laps around that damn tlc table lookin an askin about the icmag guys an where could I drop off a dontation.
I had 6 3 week old teens/mini moms I was gonna donate ended up carrying a damn cooler sround all night.
Sorry brother I tried . Guess Im gon a have to hit ya arou d payday

m
chitosan has some pretty signifigant advantages over other immune stimulants and it can be done cheaply if you limit it to 1 gram per gallon 2 x per week.

is this the application rate that most people are using? is this for 90%+ pure chitosan? also is this the 100% water soluble material or the type you have to dilute in an acidic solution?

sureshot66

Veteran
is this the application rate that most people are using? is this for 90%+ pure chitosan? also is this the 100% water soluble material or the type you have to dilute in an acidic solution?

the oligosaccaride chitosan is water soluble, people use different concentrations and application rates, i use 40g per liter for dilution and apply @ 4ml per gallon

Jw I must have done 15 laps around that damn tlc table lookin an askin about the icmag guys an where could I drop off a dontation.
I had 6 3 week old teens/mini moms I was gonna donate ended up carrying a damn cooler sround all night.
Sorry brother I tried . Guess Im gon a have to hit ya arou d payday
Ah shit stoney. I saw you carrying around that shit. I was wondering in my head what was in that. Lol i feel you. Ive been in the convention business a long time and have never seen sooo many half assed business folks in my life and that includes the organizers. When 2/3 of the gate patron are screaming vendors there is something wrong. All i could do was laugh. What do you expect from dabbed out kids. Im not talking shit about anyone in particular just in general. I had a road rager vendor stuck in traffic in front of me. The vendors should be there at 8 am. Stupid

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
the oligosaccaride chitosan is water soluble, people use different concentrations and application rates, i use 40g per liter for dilution and apply @ 4ml per gallon

interesting. that comes out to 0.16 grams per gallon.
wt215 and storm both mentioned using as low as 0.25 per as a maintenance dose for unaffected plants.
thats a little more than half that. where did you get the recommendation of that dose. makes sense that it could be used at low low dose and still be effective as the stuff isnt an insecticide so much as a chemical that serves as a catalyst for plant reflexive response to intrusion. as long as the plant is able to detect the presence i cant see why it would matter. i need to go back and re read wht the dose was in the study.

thanks for posting your application rate!

sureshot66

Veteran
interesting. that comes out to 0.16 grams per gallon.
wt215 and storm both mentioned using as low as 0.25 per as a maintenance dose for unaffected plants.
thats a little more than half that. where did you get the recommendation of that dose. makes sense that it could be used at low low dose and still be effective as the stuff isnt an insecticide so much as a chemical that serves as a catalyst for plant reflexive response to intrusion. as long as the plant is able to detect the presence i cant see why it would matter. i need to go back and re read wht the dose was in the study.

thanks for posting your application rate!
i got that rate from someone i respect with mad bio chem skills and many years of doing this, i use his tria as well, thats the reason :)

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i got that rate from someone i respect with mad bio chem skills and many years of doing this, i use his tria as well, thats the reason :)
i am recalling you mentioning this now. thanks ill check it out. i am using 7 times that much lol. is that every feed or on a schedule?

onavelzy

Veteran
just checked they hybrid enterys at the LA cup, two collectives entered gg4, buds looked white as snow but a little sparse . looked to be a lot more entered this year and some nice looking buds, go to ht cup 2015 to check it out

I think there were 53 entries this year for the hybrid category alone (I kept losing count). I looked back at last year's video and there were around 25 then.

I thought the GG4 bud pics looked pretty good. Someone else definitely liked them because the GG4 bud from Greenwolf is the pic HT uses on the opening page for the hybrid category list. There were certainly denser buds (the Sugar Cookie entry looked completely solid) but there were plenty that were looser than the GG4's and most were nowhere near as frosted.

Two entries helps the odds. Grateful Meds has won a cup before so i think GG4 is well positioned. A repeat win would be eye opening. I'm sure the pros here would appreciate the demand that another win or placement would create. We'll find out this evening.

Last edited:
A

acridlab

hope joesy get down again,,,
Got my second round getting ready... very vigorously :)
Peace
picture.php

Last edited:
S

StudenTeacher

Hi RetroGrow,
I think you are correct about some folks having issues with fusarium and blaming something else for the damage because they are just basically completely unaware of what's happening to their plants. I've seen lots of photos of fusarium damage and I can say without question that it was something else taking over my garden. It makes since though that cannabis growers will eventually see just about every nuisance that mother nature has to offer, whether it be nematodes, mites, fusarium, various viruses, etc. My opinion is that each case is unique and should be treated as such. The lesson I learned from this is to get whatever looks f#cked up to the lab asap. If I would have done that 3 years ago would be sailing smoothly and I'd be the proprietor of a successful business, instead of being broke as a Joke , picking up the pieces from my shattered dream.

I learned this trade from the bottom up, starting at 17 years old, with no formal training, no teachers, no knowledge of plants or agriculture, no knowledge of business, etc. It's my belief that the days of people 'winging it' are just about over, and I was lucky to get in when I did. The competition is fierce nowadays and soon there will only be room for professionals.
As far as future small time home growers are concerned, they will always deal with these issues, just as many a mom or grandma does with their tomato gardens. " oh well, the tomatoes didn't turn out this year, maybe next year."

To the growers that are serious about your future in the Industry, time to get educated on agricultural, not 'growing weed'. But don't worry, it won't be much different than school, and we've all been there:) good luck and best wishes to all:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts