What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clueless on any reason why you would want to stress a plant in extremes of heat, cold, pest, or ferts to determine it's worthiness or not. If that is the environment she has to contend with maybe you should be providing her with a better set of conditions if your goal is to evaluate her worthiness or lack there of...
Lil joke^^ yu don't know me lool thé man chiney? Dam wish à whose famous

Mad Lab

I haven't noticed that its been 2 years now.. Some variation in yield but that's normal. Quality, aroma and taste are all the same..

same. i've never seen degradation from any genetics in 15 years. moms have a greater chance of becoming weak and taking cuts from her will obviously be a bad choice, but healthy cuts of cuts of cuts.. good.

as you say p.f. if there is a difference in yield or quality I am the only one to blame.

Mad Lab

Clueless on any reason why you would want to stress a plant in extremes of heat, cold, pest, or ferts to determine it's worthiness or not. If that is the environment she has to contend with maybe you should be providing her with a better set of conditions if your goal is to evaluate her worthiness or lack there of...

unless your testing genetics for stability in certain areas. when i make a hybrid i will always stress the phenos i like to see which is most stable, especially if i wanted to breed a plant for a certain environmental condition i might have to deal with.

unless your testing genetics for stability in certain areas. when i make a hybrid i will always stress the phenos i like to see which is most stable, especially if i wanted to breed a plant for a certain environmental condition i might have to deal with.
A torture them cause à love see how they reach! ! See what good or not and breed is only fun for friend. ...

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another guy doing an asian caricature...couldn't stand it when Hempy did it...we will see if you are funnier..

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you guys think will yield better, 4 15 gallons in soil per light or 9 5 gallons?

I know I can do better, pulling 1.5 a bit more per atm,...

Found a GG4 seed x2 in a sack. Fingers crossed for rouge pollination....don't mind a selfie but a hybrid male would be more desirable. Anyone else get lucky?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its not uncommon to find them. gg#4 does toss naners from time to time. My 1st Sdub gave me 2 seeds I tried to pop them I got 1. She is a freak. The slowest veging plant I have ever seen. This pic is 60 days veg.. I have taken about half a dozen leaves off and cut off 4 cuts im trying to root now. She is only about 8"x8" The cuts where about 3" long

picture.php

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
more like 9x 1 gallons per 1k
in soil maybe 9x 2 gallons

why all that soil?

id go from 1g straight into amended 2 gal and flip

IMO youd be best with 4x 5 gal soil plants per light with this strain but I don't know how lil of plants you plan on flipping.

all I can say for myself is if im running 9 per 4x4 table they are in 1 gal coco 2 gallon max with strains that need leg room or I want easy hand watering for myself.

I wish I had HID for veg again. makes less plants per light much more fruitful. 4x 3 gal per light would be ideal for my liking.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gg#$ likes leg room. I get better yields when the glue has room to stretch her legs. I have tried 1g pots she did not like it. I grow large plants the 1g got root bound very fast.This is in soil not coco..To get the best use from the 15g the glue needs a lone veg time to take advantage of the space. It needs to get roots or its just a waste.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
She gets roots popping out of the bottom of my 15 gallon pots in 7-10 days vegging under 1000w hps after transplant from 1 gal or two in soil.

2 gallons of soil is not near the same as 2 gallon coco. 5 gallons soil is closer to being 2 gallons coco I think imho?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you asked about soil not coco.. It takes longer for the Sdub to reach the bottom of the 20g smart pot. My plants cant do that in 7 days but then im only using a 600mh for veg. My largest glue was grown in a 5g square pot. I got 13.8oz from her. She had a 87 day veg..

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
even if it was would there be any difference? I don't keep moms all my glue is the same as the 1st glue. A bit better now since I have her dialed in.

probably not. I don't keep mom's either. ogorganic does afaik, I don't care if they are clone of clones of clones...but some might I guess?

Genetic drift is a myth.

milkyjoe

Veteran
If you use soil think 1 ft deep beds...not pots. 4x4 under single end lights or 5x5 under double enders. Give everthing root space.

Just my opinion though...feel free to have your own.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
I know its soil. I read the post
I've grown in soil several times. I know what I'm talking about as well.
I'd kick ass with 9x 2 gal amended soil per light
I have done it
I think I've seen other soil guys do the same also . Like philthy he ran like 9 or 12 a light In 2 gal soil
usually if it's a soil grow I double the pot size from what I'd do in coco that's all. When I flip coco they are well established In the pots. Soil gets up potted and flipped after a couple days. Plants are roughly the same size, the soil just needs room for the roots to have nutrient rich soil, that will last 6-7 weeks. where as the coco gets all nutrition from the waterings and doesn't need leg room in the same way.

PF my only problem with glue in small pots is they get to Damn top heavy with no net and if drip is not being used, hand watering can be a chore

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1,2g pot with a 40-60 day veg wont work for me. It would be a nightmare nothing but problems. I grow large plants, well I try to anyway lol.. Right now I have 2 Sdubs in 20g smart pots and 3 in 3g air pots. The smaller pots have smaller plants. The 20g plants would be very unhappy in a 2g pot. I don't think They would get to the size they are now in that size pot. Large root system = Large plant. I put alot of effort into a healthy large root system before I flower. Beds are great as well they have the space for large root system. The roots should mirror the top. I use this pic alot to visualize. I think round bottom pots are the worst containers to grow in unless there air pots. you do mot want the roots to circle. I cant get plants to grow this size in a 2g pot. If you can your a better grower than I.

treeflip3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.