What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StudenTeacher

Would be nice to test samples so the community can get to the bottom of this "dud theory".

Unlikely, this is a good theory. More likely broadmites or nematodes. Or likely something else, but genetic duds... Im not so sure.

The broads will cause very noticeable damage to the leaves and new growth. A lot of people got them at the same time, so all damage was attributed to broad mites, because the nematodes had not yet been seen, but the damage is very different. Until Storm Shadow found nematodes in the stems I was clueless and just figured it was some kind of new mystery virus. As far as I know, most tests won't confirm nematodes because they likely aren't being found in the particular sample being brought to the lab. The nematodes live in the skin on the outer stems of the plant, near the bottom. It's my opinion that once the population is large enough, everything above gets ruined. You likely will never find one in the buds or upper part of the plant so bringing in the right sample can be problematic. Of course, take this with a grain of salt, but if it's not the todes it may as well be, because the damage caused to these 'duds' I've seen online is very much the same as the nematode damage. I've personally seen this in about 7 gardens :-(

Grizz

Veteran
that's one thing I know its not is broad mites, I am doubtfull about the nematodes but from what storm shadow has said the chitosan has cured his dud problem as well as a few others that had duds, I had some of it but the fucking cops took it, hope they smoked it.

vapeking

Duds? What is a dud exactly this thread got to long and didn't catch the pics. A friend of mine seems to always have issues and does everything the same as me, however his grow always looks mediocre. Same methods, same cuts, etc, but totally different results. Is seems that every environment is different,but we do indoor, rock wool, sealed room with Co2 and two different outcomes?????

onavelzy

Veteran
The broads will cause very noticeable damage to the leaves and new growth. A lot of people got them at the same time, so all damage was attributed to broad mites, because the nematodes had not yet been seen, but the damage is very different. Until Storm Shadow found nematodes in the stems I was clueless and just figured it was some kind of new mystery virus. As far as I know, most tests won't confirm nematodes because they likely aren't being found in the particular sample being brought to the lab. The nematodes live in the skin on the outer stems of the plant, near the bottom. It's my opinion that once the population is large enough, everything above gets ruined. You likely will never find one in the buds or upper part of the plant so bringing in the right sample can be problematic. Of course, take this with a grain of salt, but if it's not the todes it may as well be, because the damage caused to these 'duds' I've seen online is very much the same as the nematode damage. I've personally seen this in about 7 gardens :-(

Would you please link to Storm Shadows discussion finding the nematode s? If you don't have it close by, just give me a rough idea of when and where to look and I'll track it down. Thx

S

StudenTeacher

Hi Purple Frostbite,
Do you intend on using the 4k bulb in flower as well, or just veg? I've been blending MH in with the HPS bulbs with ok results, but the buds under the halides aren't as dense. I attribute this to having less lumens and intensity than the HPS bulbs, not just the spectrum. Since the DE are more intense, I imagine the results would be much better, and I wonder if these 4k will run cool enough for us with 8- 9 ft ceilings. I kept the halides quite a bit closer to the plants without burning them. I'm sold on the gavitas and will be upgrading after this run.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its for flower.. I have 3k gavita.. Will try 1 MH in the center. There are some that have issues with Solice-tek. I have always liked there equipment. Most sale DE ballast now..I will give it a try and give my opinion on it.. My DE hps bulbs are going on 2 years old and are still good. I think the MH DE will last longer than the 5k. My hps bulbs should have been replaced 6 months ago..we shall see how it goes..

S

StudenTeacher

that's one thing I know its not is broad mites, I am doubtfull about the nematodes but from what storm shadow has said the chitosan has cured his dud problem as well as a few others that had duds, I had some of it but the fucking cops took it, hope they smoked it.

I haven't tried the chitosan, but I tossed everything and moved and the duds are gone:) In a way I agree with JW on the nematodes. I have not confirmed these first hand, and I'm not much of a gambling man, so i wouldn't put my money down quite yet. Storm Shadow also got lots of clones from PO, as did lots of people I know, and we were all in a world of shit, or 'Dud City' , if you will. The results were pretty much the same for all of us, so when Storm found the nematodes, I chalked it up to that. My choice was to not trust the chitosan, or my cleaning skills, or to assume i have nematodes, but to just start from scratch at a new location. I do think it's nematodes, because that is where the evidence leads, but without being 100% positive, it may as well be a herd of microscopic purple giraffes from outer space. Without scientific proof, or simply locating the critters, one could make any number of incorrect assumptions. I have not seen the todes, nor have I looked for for them. I felt like a dog chasing my tail, it was time to move forward. I haven't checked out the thread for a while so I'm not sure how things are going currently, but Storm was getting great results from the Chitosan.

Ganjaganjakush

A tissue culture is a scraping from a live plant that gets incubated in a laboratory setting and grown into a plant. It's basically a scientific way to make clones. Kit's can be purchased for home use, so you don't need to be a scientist, however a sterile setting is needed to achieve good results.

I will be giving this a try for the first time in the coming weeks with GG4 and a few others. It does take a few months as opposed to just rooting a clone in a week. It's a good way to pass on the genetic without the bugs.
look into building a laminar flow hood and you will have 100% success on doing that, something i learned when growing mushrooms once upon a time lol

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GET MO, when you get your plant to reverse can you post a pic of the pollen?.. Mine is dropping the male flower clusters but no yellow powder yet. The gg#4 did the same thing no powder I had to dry the naners crush them then apply. I was hoping to get normal powder like any male produces so I can store it for later use. My rev plant is only 12" tall but that shouldn't matter.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
chitosan-like the supplement?

yeah like the supplement. there are different forms of it. you can get it direct from china in the high end ultra pure soluble form a lot cheaper. it is about 100 bucks a kilo if you get it in bulk and split it amongst folks. takes about ten kilos to get the discount and you have sign off with customs that you are using it as a nattural polymer in an industrial application. which you are.
i think they want to discourage making supplements as it is not approved for the weight loss use its so often sold for.

read up on it in non cannabis journals its like canned whoop ass for your plants.

supposedly makes em frostier too. but it fights a ton of diseases, nematode being only one. grey mold powery mildew and fungal infections. not to mention dampening off root rot of various stripes and has been doccumented as increasing yield in lettuce crops.

i would use this regardless of duds. i dont have duds and i use it regularly. it is insurance against a bunch of stuff plus its approved for organic.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
yeah like the supplement. there are different forms of it. you can get it direct from china in the high end ultra pure soluble form a lot cheaper. it is about 100 bucks a kilo if you get it in bulk and split it amongst folks. takes about ten kilos to get the discount and you have sign off with customs that you are using it as a nattural polymer in an industrial application. which you are.
i think they want to discourage making supplements as it is not approved for the weight loss use its so often sold for.

read up on it in non cannabis journals its like canned whoop ass for your plants.

supposedly makes em frostier too. but it fights a ton of diseases, nematode being only one. grey mold powery mildew and fungal infections. not to mention dampening off root rot of various stripes and has been doccumented as increasing yield in lettuce crops.

i would use this regardless of duds. i dont have duds and i use it regularly. it is insurance against a bunch of stuff plus its approved for organic.
Perhaps pricing has changed... because I just received 2 kilos for about $100 each with shipping for the same grade of chitosan and same source that Storm referred me too. Also, I didn't have to do anything special with customs. My only complaint, whoever packed my two kilos of chitosan made sure that my package would explode in transit, thus leak powdered chitosan from the delivery truck through my front porch.

But yep, with the reading up I've done on chitosan, on top of the (unfortunate) use that I obtained it for (the almighty dudding), it sounds like a can of whoopass for sure.

I just started applying it... like... today. So we'll see what happens.

Seeing duds in your garden is probably the most belittling thing that can happen to a grower. And then you have a crowd of people blaming it simply on poor growing skills... I'd like to meet each one of you in an empty parking lot.

Anywho, carry on.

Sending good vibes to those that have succumbed to the wrath of the DUD :ying:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Seeing duds in your garden is probably the most belittling thing that can happen to a grower. And then you have a crowd of people blaming it simply on poor growing skills... I'd like to meet each one of you in an empty parking lot.

LMAO. Can be a tuff crowd.
What is your application rate?

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran

Thanks xxxstr8edgexxx. Did some reading on it last night and it all looked like the same stuff.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Thanks xxxstr8edgexxx. Did some reading on it last night and it all looked like the same stuff.

yep theres a form that isnt easily water soluble and theres the
chit o. l. that i got that is very soluble. thats the thing to watch out for. 2 kilos 100 bucks each with shipping is what i got too. it was like 95 plus 1 or 2 hundred shipping i cant remember now. but it was roughly 100 plus whatever it cost to re ship it to my homies.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
TLC booth is where the ic heads should gather, I'm gonna be packin Sour Dubb flowers and GLUE shirts to slang for Joesys lawyer

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
LMAO. Can be a tuff crowd.
What is your application rate?
1-5 grams per gallon according to Storm... foliar and drench.

So far I've just done a foliar application at 3 grams per gallon just to see how plants would respond, they seemed to love it.

2 grams = 1 tsp. IIRC

yep theres a form that isnt easily water soluble and theres the
chit o. l. that i got that is very soluble. thats the thing to watch out for. 2 kilos 100 bucks each with shipping is what i got too. it was like 95 plus 1 or 2 hundred shipping i cant remember now. but it was roughly 100 plus whatever it cost to re ship it to my homies.
Just because it's fresh in my mind I'll elaborate, from gtcbio aka bestchitosan.com you want the "COP-1" chitosan o. l. for max solubility. It was $67usd per kilo at $65 shipping, came to $199.

And the girl I was dealing with said bulk orders would be less...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts