What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Lab

Because asking how to grow, which methodology to follow , what nutrients to feed, what layout ,etc, has nothing to do with a particular strain.

If he'd have asked what E.C. the glue can handle, or what are its growth characteristics, or maybe what kind of light intensity it can handle they would have been on topic. Instead he wants to be spoon fed how to do fundamental shit.

I feel like you just contradicted yourself when you were attempting not too.

This isn't a I'm a pro, now give me glue thread.

This can be, I'm a newbie and I have the glue, what are suggestions on what to do with it.

Mad Lab

NO. GG#4 is NOT and ideal SOG strain. It's particular traits...such as the massive amount of lateral branching, fast growth, elongated internode distances, branch strength, etc - making it a PERFECT plant for SCROG - which is why you see so many people in this thread getting their killer yields and fat, consistent flowers via a screen.

Amen.

Thanks Frank.

S

StudenTeacher

Zarezhu,
I've grown the Sour Dubble and plenty MK and Bubba at 16 per per table with great results. Some of these people are tripping I think. 9 or 16 is perfect for about 90%of what I've tried indoors. I found at 4 per table, strains like So Cal have much larger tops, yet smaller bottoms. At 16 the canopy was more manageable and the overall bud quality was much better and yield was up. I didn't need the larger colas. Lollipop all the way growing numbers at this density. The people giving advice on this thread is based on how they grow, not you. Lollipop at 16 per kW and get back to us in a couple months with your amazing results. Removing all the leaves will keep it from bushing as much and keep your colas intact. Good luck, have fun :)

Ganjaganjakush

Day 29
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Zarezhu

Thank you all, very much appreciated insight.

@architect - You make good points. The only reason I don't mind slowing my plants slightly is because I know the bloom room won't be ready for another 5-7 days.

@frank - you make excellent points as well. thank you!

I guess I'll have made up my mind in the next day or so. Some of you guys misunderstood me: I only intended 1 plant per square foot, with 4 tops. Not 64 per light.

And onto this:

"Z I know stoney ran like 16 per bulb and lolly popped them and had a 3 lb yield, he had two plants in 1 3 gl pot, they ended up like 6ft tall. a real pain in the ess to water and control . , with gg4 its crazy to run so many, you can get the same numbers with 1/4 the plants and a scrogg screen "

That's actually given me a little bit of hope :p

I'm setting up irrigation as soon as the room is finished, so watering should be quite simple. Have a 95 gallon res with a UPC backup for my water pump, just have to order my pump (2400gph danner).

And I'll have at minimum dual layers of trellis,keeping each plant to themselves and erect.

I intend to veg and probably begin flower with mh lighting, it can be placed on a light mover and dropped closer to the canopy.

I also intend to keep day and night temperatures the same, in an effort to completely minimize stretch as well.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
OK...here is the deal. I was gifted the GG#4 cut by 3 diff amazing people. I have since made plenty of duplicates and have decided to go ahead and make some crosses to share. There are certain folks out there doin it to make some bread because the GG#4 is hot right now. I'm gonna do it for no other purpose than to spread the love..and with the hope that those who receive the seeds can find a GG#4 leaning pheno . First up will be GG#4 x Lucky Charms. I think the second will be GG#4 x Goji OG...I also am goin to reverse the GG#4 and see what becomes of that. BTW...I am not trying to improve the GG#4...she is an amazing gal on her own. I'm just tryin to give some folks an opportunity to have something with the glue expression without the high price tag. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm serious. My biggest GG#4 has been in flower for about a week just for this purpose...the LC stud is just waiting for her to get a lil further into flower to ensure that there will be a ton of seeds available.

fatsack79

You're right, my only question has probably been answered somewhere in this nearly 800 page thread. Clearly I have 2 weeks of free time to read it all tonight. I've never felt such hostility in a thread before lol.

Z... Nothing hostile meant towards you whatsoever... All I'm say'n, is that I can see you have been a member here since 2010... You obviously knew you were gonna get the #4... So while you were look'n at all these luscious and bad ass pic's these men here have posted of GG#4 IN THIS THREAD, you should've done a lil skim'n and reading and not so much drool'n and drag ass'n... No one knows your situation, medium, regimen, style, etc etc in all aspects better then you... No matter how much detail you give there's no perfect answer... It's not that simple... All you can do is skim this thread and apply what works best for you in your given intentional style... And when ppl like d.f & old outlaw speak, stand at full attention and be humble and all ears :biggrin: ... :tiphat: -F.S

Cannavore

Veteran
OK...here is the deal. I was gifted the GG#4 cut by 3 diff amazing people. I have since made plenty of duplicates and have decided to go ahead and make some crosses to share. There are certain folks out there doin it to make some bread because the GG#4 is hot right now. I'm gonna do it for no other purpose than to spread the love..and with the hope that those who receive the seeds can find a GG#4 leaning pheno . First up will be GG#4 x Lucky Charms. I think the second will be GG#4 x Goji OG...I also am goin to reverse the GG#4 and see what becomes of that. BTW...I am not trying to improve the GG#4...she is an amazing gal on her own. I'm just tryin to give some folks an opportunity to have something with the glue expression without the high price tag. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm serious. My biggest GG#4 has been in flower for about a week just for this purpose...the LC stud is just waiting for her to get a lil further into flower to ensure that there will be a ton of seeds available.

GG4 x LC honestly sounds like it could be a winner though man. But for real what's up with a Seedbay fund for JW? Ive got beans to donate asap and have a pollen chuck project in the works as well that I would love to contribute when ready for a modest donation for joesy.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Josey- man, i havent been on all week and im sick right now reading this.
You know you can count me in. just let me know what kinda card to buy..
Im so sorry brother.

And i dont got too much for seeds right now, but i got a pack of gg4 x chem 91's to throw in. and maybe a few other packs for the fundraiser.

Josey Whales for President
:respect:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know they lock account to keep you and all safe encase leo snag's the computer but I though they could unlock it once the cost was clear??

I don't grow GG#4 with a trellis doesn't work with my grow style. I like a variety of plants in the same flowering room so trellis wont work. I have plants going in and out at diff times. I like to grow trees with the bottom 2-4 branches removed that are topped 2-4x. Nothing gets vegged less then 30 days typically longer.. Of course my yields would be more consistent using a screen. If I wanted a large yield I could achieve that with the way I grow it just takes more effort... I'm happy with the results I get that's what matters most.

O

old outlaw

Zarezhu,
I've grown the Sour Dubble and plenty MK and Bubba at 16 per per table with great results. Some of these people are tripping I think. 9 or 16 is perfect for about 90%of what I've tried indoors. I found at 4 per table, strains like So Cal have much larger tops, yet smaller bottoms. At 16 the canopy was more manageable and the overall bud quality was much better and yield was up. I didn't need the larger colas. Lollipop all the way growing numbers at this density. The people giving advice on this thread is based on how they grow, not you. Lollipop at 16 per kW and get back to us in a couple months with your amazing results. Removing all the leaves will keep it from bushing as much and keep your colas intact. Good luck, have fun :)
gg4 isent sour dub or any of the other indica dom plants you listed, there not even close in structure

O

old outlaw

You serious? They can't unlock your account?
yes RR I started that joesy whales on a old email addy that I cant get into to get the new pass word, I am sure they will work it out soon, and if they don't then joesy just retired to be a old outlaw:biggrin:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For the peeps asking about an IC auction fund for Josey...they won't do it...I've tried a couple times for various causes and was told no...once they open that jar they will never get it closed again...
Glad you out man!

onavelzy

Veteran
yes RR I started that joesy whales on a old email addy that I cant get into to get the new pass word, I am sure they will work it out soon, and if they don't then joesy just retired to be a old outlaw:biggrin:

for fun, i read through the wikipedia entry for eastwood looking for an alternative acct name. damnation, that guy has had an amazing career. i had no clue he directed some of those films.

anyway, maybe Walt Kowalski, the crusty ol' bastard in Gran Torino?

Robert Kincaid (Bridges of Madison Co.)? Even though he does steal another guy's wife, the character just doesn't seem to fit my imaginary picture of Joesy.

Will Munney (Unforgiven)?

slow night at work

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For the peeps asking about an IC auction fund for Josey...they won't do it...I've tried a couple times for various causes and was told no...once they open that jar they will never get it closed again...
Glad you out man!

Really, DF had one approved recently.. Never happened because of a postal issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts