What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCfromTCC

Hey bud, sorry to hear about the drama, im in the process of setting up and starting another run- when finished ill gladly do what i can to help...

How about a 16 plant scrog? Curios to see how this will turn out :biggrin:

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really, DF had one approved recently.. Never happened because of a postal issue.

To clarify - it wasn't that a charity auction was approved, in so many terms...

It is merely that as a vendor - I have the right to allocate my proceeds however I see fit...

To say that proceeds from a batch of sales are going to a certain cause - is not quite the same as IC directly setting up a charity drive.

While the first batch of seeds never arrived...that will not be an issue with the second batch. I will still hold a seed sale (eventually) that will benefit Phillthy....

Now it seems as if I need to host another. I just don't want to put the cart too far in front of the horse...again. One step at a time. Slow and steady.

The way they keep allowing for continuances...seems the case will never go to trial at this rate. In some ways that's a curse - in some ways it's a blessing because it allows more time to get things together without it being so hurry hurry rush rush.

Either way, I'm more than open to doing something - where possible. What good is being a vendor if it doesn't in some way benefit the community...

dank.Frank

Relentless

Veteran
Joesy, really glad you're out bro. My heart sank when I heard a good guy like yourself is going through such bs.. I hope everything plays out as good as possible..
Hit me up when you get some free time bud.

dfrank, u know Im down to help out.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree that ICM wont call it a chirity fund raiser and would never set up one..But we can call it a fund raiser.. If someone wants to send seeds for a fund raiser it can be done. ICM doesn't care where the proceeds from the seeds goes. This is what I thought Sub was talking about

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know you know the deal, PF.

I just don't want anyone else reading to misunderstand or get the wrong impression about what is or isn't possible...and I certainly don't want anyone to get the idea the site administration doesn't make everyone play by the same rules...

dank.Frank

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Joesy, really glad you're out bro. My heart sank when I heard a good guy like yourself is going through such bs.. I hope everything plays out as good as possible..
Hit me up when you get some free time bud.

dfrank, u know Im down to help out.

Gonna pollinate some Elmers with some Fire OG bx2 this week. I'll send em in to the fund if thats alright with you.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love hearing that everyone is finding keepers in that Elmer's Glue...especially since I named it... AHAHAHA. ;)

Great work, Relentless!

dank.Frank

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Love hearing that everyone is finding keepers in that Elmer's Glue...especially since I named it... AHAHAHA. ;)

Great work, Relentless!

dank.Frank

Ima call this one St. elmos fire.

St. Elmo's fire (also St. Elmo's light[1][2]) is a weather phenomenon in which luminous plasma is created by a coronal discharge from a sharp or pointed object in a strong electric field in the atmosphere (such as those generated by thunderstorms or created by a volcanic eruption).
St. Elmo's fire is named after St. Erasmus of Formia (also called St. Elmo, one of the two Italian names for St. Erasmus, the other being St. Erasmo), the patron saint of sailors. The phenomenon sometimes appeared on ships at sea during thunderstorms and was regarded by sailors with religious awe for its glowing ball of light, accounting for the name.[3] Because it is a sign of electricity in the air, which can interfere with compass readings, some sailors may have regarded it as an omen of bad luck and stormy weather[citation needed]. Other references indicate that sailors may have actually considered St. Elmo's fire as a good omen (as in, a sign of the presence of their patron saint).[4]

S

StudenTeacher

gg4 isent sour dub or any of the other indica dom plants you listed, there not even close in structure

You're point is moot.
Other than the quality there isn't much that is unique about this plant. I gave examples of bushy plants that can be coaxed into different shapes and sizes to good results with a little trial and error. The style is much the same on the larger ones. Strip to 6 or so branches and scrog and defoliate to some degree or another. Shit tons of branches come out of nowhere to fill the screen. Bushy is bushy, sure some taller some shorter, some wider or more sparse, etc, but imo there is nothing unique about the structure of the GG. When people get used to growing small plants the quality goes up across the board. Also shaves a week or two from veg. I think GG seems to inflate some peoples egos a bit. If you grow GG remember that you are just another person growing another plant and you aren't any more special than anyone else. Try growing several different ways with different nutrient lines before taking a stance on the perfect way to grow her. We all have different skill sets and preferences and nutrients, mediums, lights, environments, etc, that will all influence greatly the size and shape of any plant. Let's try to make sure people get the proper info instead of trying to sound cool.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did anyone say she was ?? She def has alot to offer compared to many other strains that do not have the quality GG has. In no way is GG a small plant?.. I didn't notice anyone trying to sound cool most of us are past 60.. everything you listed has been done 5x over. I know we all have used many different types of growing methods, Nutrients, everything one would need to grow. He has grown GG longer than anyone else has except Mdog. He knows what he is talking about. you and your buddy prefer to grow 16 good luck with that. Not something any of us would do none of us are spring chickens like your implying. been there done that moved on to better results. ...

onavelzy

Veteran
You're point is moot.
Other than the quality there isn't much that is unique about this plant. I gave examples of bushy plants that can be coaxed into different shapes and sizes to good results with a little trial and error. The style is much the same on the larger ones. Strip to 6 or so branches and scrog and defoliate to some degree or another. Shit tons of branches come out of nowhere to fill the screen. Bushy is bushy, sure some taller some shorter, some wider or more sparse, etc, but imo there is nothing unique about the structure of the GG. When people get used to growing small plants the quality goes up across the board. Also shaves a week or two from veg. I think GG seems to inflate some peoples egos a bit. If you grow GG remember that you are just another person growing another plant and you aren't any more special than anyone else. Try growing several different ways with different nutrient lines before taking a stance on the perfect way to grow her. We all have different skill sets and preferences and nutrients, mediums, lights, environments, etc, that will all influence greatly the size and shape of any plant. Let's try to make sure people get the proper info instead of trying to sound cool.

Dude, that's Joesy you're lecturing about inflated egos, being special and not trying to sound cool. He had to use the old outlaw sign on name for a couple of days because his main account was temporarily locked. I think if there's anyone to look to for advice on how to grow the GG4 best, it would be Joesy. He and Marrdogg created it and put it out there for people like you to have a chance to grow as you see fit. People have given you fair advice. Decline it, use it, no matter to anyone here. But please, show him some respect, whether his advice is what you're looking for or not.

John 8:7

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn who are all these new know it alls who are suddenly experts on GG and using this time to pump up their seed crosses instead of show thanks and contribute towards helping JW the creator of GG. pretty much sums up this industry these days, no respect having newbs…get out of here with your egotistical BS.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
damn who are all these new know it alls who are suddenly experts on GG and using this time to pump up their seed crosses instead of show thanks and contribute towards helping JW the creator of GG. pretty much sums up this industry these days, no respect having newbs…get out of here with your egotistical BS.

I appreciate the knowledge of the experts. They have pushed this strain to the max, in potency and production. Thanks to all, and best wishes to JW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good news looky looky I see nuts on the Sour Dub :).. I really hope to be able to collect alot of pollen off her over time... Does anyone know if I continue to grow her collect all the pollen then put her back into veg would she revert back to full female??? I will continue to keep her in flower to get as much pollen I can.. I like having pollen when I need it and Sour Dub pollen would def be at the top of the pollen stash. I can tell ya she is 1 unhappy plant.. many of the leaves have become brittle not like dry but like when you snap a carrot the leaves are like that no bend to them very rigid. Def happy to see the nuts

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice shot KC. What do you have over head for lighting and what sized pots did you go with?

Just one 1k over that table. They are in 2 gallon geo pots of coco. Last round I ran 9 and that worked great but I wanted to run more strains this time. Someone I know gets 3# per 3x6 table with this same style. 21 trellised glues per table 2-3 week veg flowered at 10-12".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts