What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Sparky

I would average 1-1.5 gallons per pot spaced out into 2 feeds per day if we are talking 1 gallon rootbound pots.

Eventually, in mid flower, if your plants are taking in more water and you feel the need to do 3x feeds a day go for it.

Like critter said, coco can be waterlogged, sure. But this will happen more in a medium environment that roots havent completely taken over.

If this works I am setting up an automated watering system for the next run.

how r the ? off topic?
hes asking about gg4
makybe frank will pop in to teach him
in all realitity gg4 could maybe make an oz per sq ft if ya know what your doing imo
no solid colas alot if pop corn thoug

O

old outlaw

well I started a new account since I cant seem to get back into the joesy whales account and I can quit high jacking marrdoggs account, thanks marr for letting me use it.

Zarezhu

Maaaan I just wanna know how many nodes to leave on my plants after I decimate them (per sq ft). So far it seems like 4 would be the max per square foot. Some strains can handle being closer together, others not so much. It all comes down to leaf shape/size and stretch/internode spacing, which are definitely genetic and phenotypical factors. I have a great deal of experience outdoors, with dozens of strains and very large yields. Lack of posting doesn't equate to lack of skill/experience/knowledge.

I have no experience with the gg4 however. I just want to have a decent idea of how many healthy nodes to leave my babies with. If I leave 6-8, I could probably weed out the weaker half of the plants, and do 8-9 plants per 4x4. If I leave 4 nodes, could I possibly cram all 16 in?

I like higher plant counts, they tend to produce much more consistent bud, and easier to dial in for me. Uniformity is key in monocropping. Plus, smaller plants can finish flowering a solid week or so sooner than their larger counterparts.

TheArchitect

Veteran
how r the ? off topic?
hes asking about gg4
makybe frank will pop in to teach him
in all realitity gg4 could maybe make an oz per sq ft if ya know what your doing imo
no solid colas alot if pop corn thoug

Because asking how to grow, which methodology to follow , what nutrients to feed, what layout ,etc, has nothing to do with a particular strain.

If he'd have asked what E.C. the glue can handle, or what are its growth characteristics, or maybe what kind of light intensity it can handle they would have been on topic. Instead he wants to be spoon fed how to do fundamental shit.

An oz/sqft? so if I threw some plants on a 3x3 tray I'd be lucky to get 9 Oz's? That's insane considering my worst yield ever was 1.3#/1k under similar sqft

O

old outlaw

Maaaan I just wanna know how many nodes to leave on my plants after I decimate them (per sq ft). So far it seems like 4 would be the max per square foot. Some strains can handle being closer together, others not so much. It all comes down to leaf shape/size and stretch/internode spacing, which are definitely genetic and phenotypical factors. I have a great deal of experience outdoors, with dozens of strains and very large yields. Lack of posting doesn't equate to lack of skill/experience/knowledge.

I have no experience with the gg4 however. I just want to have a decent idea of how many healthy nodes to leave my babies with. If I leave 6-8, I could probably weed out the weaker half of the plants, and do 8-9 plants per 4x4. If I leave 4 nodes, could I possibly cram all 16 in?

I like higher plant counts, they tend to produce much more consistent bud, and easier to dial in for me. Uniformity is key in monocropping. Plus, smaller plants can finish flowering a solid week or so sooner than their larger counterparts.
Z gg4 stretches for a good 3 weeks, most run no more than 4 plants per bulb, topped in veg twice to get 4 or 5 main stems , the lateral branching off those 4 or 5 branches will fill a screen with 100's of buds, not popcorn buds either, nice chunky buds,

Zarezhu

Because asking how to grow, which methodology to follow , what nutrients to feed, what layout ,etc, has nothing to do with a particular strain.

If he'd have asked what E.C. the glue can handle, or what are its growth characteristics, or maybe what kind of light intensity it can handle they would have been on topic. Instead he wants to be spoon fed how to do fundamental shit.

An oz/sqft? so if I threw some plants on a 3x3 tray I'd be lucky to get 9 Oz's? That's insane considering my worst yield ever was 1.3#/1k under similar sqft

I fail to see where I asked how to grow, which methodology to follow, what nutrients to feed. All I asked was about the layout, which is strongly relevant to genetics. Growth characteristics go hand in hand with the layout, and that is all I needed help with. Lol. Nobodys asking you to spoon feed, get off your high horse. Did you even read my posts?

Zarezhu

Z gg4 stretches for a good 3 weeks, most run no more than 4 plants per bulb, topped in veg twice to get 4 or 5 main stems , the lateral branching off those 4 or 5 branches will fill a screen with 100's of buds, not popcorn buds either, nice chunky buds,

Really appreciate you commenting J. Terribly sorry about your situation, you got karma points coming your way!

Are you implying that the strain is not really lollipoppable? I have all these plants, and don't mind pruning lateral branches really.

fatsack79

With all due respect, Zarezhu... All of your QUESTIONS... Have been answered NUMEROUS times through out this thread... Quit acting like a noobie, smoke a fuck'n doobie, and do some dam homework... Maaaan...

Zarezhu

With all due respect, Zarezhu... All of your QUESTIONS... Have been answered NUMEROUS times through out this thread... Quit acting like a noobie, smoke a fuck'n doobie, and do some dam homework... Maaaan...

You're right, my only question has probably been answered somewhere in this nearly 800 page thread. Clearly I have 2 weeks of free time to read it all tonight. I've never felt such hostility in a thread before lol.

TheArchitect

Veteran
I fail to see where I asked how to grow, which methodology to follow, what nutrients to feed. All I asked was about the layout, which is strongly relevant to genetics. Growth characteristics go hand in hand with the layout, and that is all I needed help with. Lol. Nobodys asking you to spoon feed, get off your high horse. Did you even read my posts?

Asking how to arrange your plants IS NOT strain related. That is asking how to grow.

If you can't figure out planting density based on your circumstances, without having your hand held, I don't know what to tell you.

fatsack79

JOESY :woohoo: :friends: :smoke out: GLAD AS FUCK to know you're out ya ol' s.o.b :biggrin: ... I'm sure you've read the thread... Imma stick to my guns like a dingle berry on a sheep dogs ass... Just waiting on your go ahead... ::::GOOD VIBES:::: to ya -F.S

Zarezhu

Asking how to arrange your plants IS NOT strain related. That is asking how to grow.

If you can't figure out planting density based on your circumstances, without having your hand held, I don't know what to tell you.

Didn't even ask how to arrange my plants, I had a plan for 16 plants per 4x4. I just wanted to know how how many colas can realistically fit inside it, which is STRAIN related. Also, if it's a strain that doesn't take well to any lollipopping, that's also STRAIN related.

Quit being a hater. You're making up issues in your own head. Forums are meant for asking questions. Not asking you to hold my hand lol.

Obviously I can't figure out planting density without any experience with this strain. That's why I posted pictures, and asked simple questions.

Come hit this volcano bag with me bro. Wooosaaa.

O

old outlaw

Z I know stoney ran like 16 per bulb and lolly popped them and had a 3 lb yield, he had two plants in 1 3 gl pot, they ended up like 6ft tall. a real pain in the ess to water and control . , with gg4 its crazy to run so many, you can get the same numbers with 1/4 the plants and a scrogg screen

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't even ask how to arrange my plants, I had a plan for 16 plants per 4x4. I just wanted to know how how many colas can realistically fit inside it, which is STRAIN related. Also, if it's a strain that doesn't take well to any lollipopping, that's also STRAIN related.

Quit being a hater. You're making up issues in your own head. Forums are meant for asking questions. Not asking you to hold my hand lol.

Obviously I can't figure out planting density without any experience with this strain. That's why I posted pictures, and asked simple questions.

crazy idea,you could just read the thread since this has been gone over at least 50 times already and by people who have been growing glue for years...

TheArchitect

Veteran

"Cola" density is not strain related in the sense you manipulate the plant to pack what is practical into your space. Like I said before, 4 major tops per sqft is about as tight as practical. Doesn't mater what cannabis plant you grow. At that rate each top has a 6 inch wide by 6 inch wise space to call its own. Think about that, how much tighter could you pack them without having air circulation issues.

You have plants too large to pack 4/sqft but you can still get that kind of density with pruning and training, how you make that happen is up to you, nobody online can help you, use your intuition, if you've been growing outdoors with success you have what it takes to make it inside.

BTW, no plant likes being lolipoped, they all take time to recover, so why do it if you don't have too, if the plants are ready to flower then let them rock, if you let them go to far, then either take some out and save a week or two of recovery or cut them way back and deal with the extra week recovery.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you guys are funny with the "how many plants per light" stuff hahaha

LOL...

Not all of us get to decide how many plants per star.... :respect:

----------

That aside...I'll be direct with you Zar...

NO. GG#4 is NOT and ideal SOG strain. It's particular traits...such as the massive amount of lateral branching, fast growth, elongated internode distances, branch strength, etc - making it a PERFECT plant for SCROG - which is why you see so many people in this thread getting their killer yields and fat, consistent flowers via a screen.

You're asking how to grow the plant via lollipop...the answer given, if it hasn't been clear...is you DON'T. It's not a strain that is really going to perform at it's best in such a set up.

That is not to say it is IMPOSSIBLE - but merely, that - it's not an ideal strain for it.

IF...IF, I was to attempt growing GG#4 in a SOG (ie 4 per sq ft) I'd probably want to take rooted clones and veg them for a week under T5 fluro - that way I could keep the plants mere centimeters away from the bulbs, attempting to keep them as compact as possible...because once flower set in...she's going to get lanky/floppy and stretch out between the internodes no matter what...it's how she grows.

Now, given that, you'll probably have 8" plants that are just setting themselves after that week veg and just starting to show new growth tips...so fine flip them. I imagine you'll end up with 4-6 nice chunky flowers per 18-20" plant - instead of large 18-20" colas - like you are seeking....

Again, GG#4 is more suited to a screen and taking advantage of her excellent lateral branching...and allowing the buds to fill in that way...than it is trying to keep her compact to stack single long colas along the meristem...

If you want to stack long colas - look more into 12wk indy / haze hybrids and sort through them to find the right pheno...that you can flip without any veg time at all that stretches 4-5x and still retains a thick meristem with limited lateral branching and tight internodes.

Now on the thread being unfriendly...you're just not listening to what they are telling you because you are fixating on this preconceived notion of how you are going to make GG#4 fit into your game plan. It's just not the right game plan for this particular plant.

This right here is the MOST direct, accurate and simplistic answer you've been given...and you missed it or it didn't sink in:

no way i would ever run 16 GGs per 4x4 thats insane you are gonna have a ton of larf and some of the plants in the middle will get blocked out. i did tests on 9 and 12 per 4x4 and 9 worked really well. however now i am trying out only 4 per 4x4 with a longer veg and more training. no need for so many plants unless you are flowering straight out of the cloner.

Pay special attention to someone else who tried a similar method:

Z I know stoney ran like 16 per bulb and lolly popped them and had a 3 lb yield, he had two plants in 1 3 gl pot, they ended up like 6ft tall. a real pain in the ess to water and control . , with gg4 its crazy to run so many, you can get the same numbers with 1/4 the plants and a scrogg screen

dank.Frank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts