What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Lab

I kinda doubt it but you should ask him, if not check out x18 def not nearly the same as Storm Shadows stock but a pure indica and from the not so far off lands of Pakistan if im not mistaken. Available to all through Tom Hills seed company.

Thank you. Although I'm sure the Paki indicas would be a great project, for some reason I've had my heart set on seeing the Iranian indicas. I have no idea what to expect from them but I'm so curious.

I've had a bit of experience with the indicas coming out of the Hindu Kush mtn range(afghani, paki), as I'm sure most have. But I've heard the Zagros Mtn indicas in Iran are really cool. i wonder what Shadow had to say about the similarities and differences between the Iranian and Afghani/Paki indicas.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should have two separate solutions of 100mL each...

You then take 20mL from the silver nitrate solution and combine with 80mL of the sodium thiosulfate solution - for 100mL of 1:4 solution...this is what you spray the plants with. (in the formula I posted - I've not read the other links)

You should be using distilled water when making the separate stock solutions. You should always mix the 20mL silver into the 80mL thiosulfate...

dank.Frank

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sprayed the plant 30x(guess I did not count but it was a lot) while in flower. Sometimes 2-3x a day..

Here is the Sdub after 3x application. There was about 5 leaves that where real bad I took off. I have it in my dr60 tent with just 100w t5.

Attachments

• DSCN3305.jpg
    DSCN3305.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 16

Mad Lab

I apply once a week for 3 weeks. I spray many times, until i see quite a bit of runoff from the leaves.

So you sprayed 2-3 times a day, 3x sprays this time. But your first you sprayed 2-3 times a day, 30x sprays?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
fuckit. i got enough to try both methods, guess i'll do one plant of each and see what works better..

Mad Lab

I've been interested in trying to use ethylene inhibitors lately. Anyone prefer this method over STS? Chimera said he dabbled with it and it worked but didnt say why he prefers other methods.

Hi everybody

I stumbled by chance over the product EthylBloc by Oasis (http://sona.oasisfloral.com/ethylbloc/b45e9e26-bd3d-4fed-b6fa-c9253bc6e941) which contains the ethylene inhibitor 1-methylcyclopropene (http://www.kellysolutions.com/erene...7-1-32258_ETHYL_BLOC_8_14_2008_8_56_29_AM.pdf) .
Did anyone ever tried that for sex inversion to make feminized seeds?
Unlike STS, silver nitrate and cobalt chloride, its effect would be transient (might be an advantage depending on the intended goal) and the plant stays heavy metal free (and hence consumable). It might also allow the treated plant to give viable seeds (fron what I've read, STS doesn't).

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your not following my posts was I that unclear? ... I said I sprayed the 1st gg#4 plant I reversed about 30 separate times like I said this is just a guess it was many separate times per day.. Directions says to apply when lights are off I did it when ever I was in the veg room.. I do not count ea time I push the trigger. the plant was misted until it was dripping wet. this was around 6+ months ago.

The plant I'm doing now I sprayed only 3 separate times about 30min apart in 1 day.. ea application until the plant was dripping wet... per DF directions I don't need to spray the plant like I did the 1st time. it only needs a few applications ..

The only difference between last time and this time is I reduced the amount of applications per DF directions.

Mad Lab

Sorry, I understand now.

Yeah i was taught only a few applications. Clueless to why yours arnt producing pollen sacks.

TheDank, nice looking s1 you got there.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its only been a few weeks. It will be close to 30 days per directions to show nuts. I'm sure it will happen I just need to wait..

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
i just mixed up a batch with Dank franks recipe, but doubled it, so 3.16 std with 3.4 silver nitrate each mixed into 200 ml.
then took 40 ml silver into 160 ml std, stirring rapidly.
Even doubled this doesn't seem like enough to cover one plant...
the first time i tried it i poured the whole 200 into the other 200 and it turned brownish red, like WHOOPS!
bout to go spray the other plant twice, won't be able to drench it quite as much as this recipe only makes 200ml to spray, think i used about 800 of the other one to fully drench plant twice, we will see....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also doubled it..You only need to cover the plant 2x.. My plant is only 12" tall I had plenty left over I sprayed it 3x..

Ya you cant do that do it slow the liquid should be clear when done.. Over time it will start to darken a bit with age that's why it has a short shelf life.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
yeah, i did it slow but i poured the whole 200 into 200 instead of 40 into 160. Soon as i did it i did a big fat homer "DOH!"
going to go spray twice right now, then in a week i will do it again... we will see which one works better. The one i did today definitely uses a lot more stuff, so we will see if less is more i guess...

also my plant is about 2 feet tall, so might have to make some more for second application.

marrdogg

Veteran
Sad news, a search warrant was served today on Josey. As of now that's all the info I can give. He will be facing legal issues and want to know if need be will anyone be willing to help out please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.