What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did not now ICM had a cup in LV? or is this not ICM? The one I entered was in Amsterdam. I'm retired so this is in no way a job this is 100% personal enjoyment.

Oh ya seed sales makes more money big time. you can get 1k's of seeds per plant some packs can run up to 200$ per pack. Just look at online sales. 25 packs of gg#4 s1 sold out on 48 sec..Seed business is not easy you need to have thick skin to play.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
the lv 420 is a private cup with a bunch of us from IC, although its not really an "IC" event. going into our 6th year. always a blast...hard not to have fun with a bunch of growers crashing a big house in vegas for a 3-4 day weekend....always an abundance of great smoke, great food, great people...no commercialization, only blazedthefuckoutification. good times...we're trying to get prophet to log off of IG for a minute to make some additions to the group, I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to join us PF

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought I remember Unc talking about one a few years ago.. There's no comp or trophies for this right. from what memory I have it was a big party :). I appreciate that but I'm unable to travel so don't get to attend many fun events.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
yeah unc came year one, and was our chef! fucker wouldn't even let me in the kitchen to help out with the dishes!, and that year we didn't have a cup just a big get together, but every year since has been a cup comp/trophy. I won 2011 w/ strawberry diesel, and 2012 with Tahoe og. abja roots won 2013 with his animal cookies, also he won "king of the cookies" and prophet won concentrate w/ gsc wax. last year prophet was the unofficial winner(I believe, I want to say that there was something else that really stood out, maybe something from ogorgaic)...most of us were too baked to really get into the formalities of it all last year.

too bad you don't travel, it's a lot of fun and you old guys have a strong contingency on the mag...surprisingly, as I didn't realize so many old fuckers were so computer literate! hahaha...I was born in the 80's and grew up on mac's in school, and I'm borderline computer illiterate lmfao.

you can always send an entry to one of the locals...we will make sure it gets a proper shmoking...er, I mean judging lol

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think people gravitate more towards the s1.. I get asked for s1 all the time. If it wasn't such a PITA to make fem pollen I would do it more often.. The Sour Double x Querkle are done drying now. Should be some fire in those beans. I have 5 seedlings I'm testing now. Sour Dub must still be a closely kept strain. I never see her anywhere. Mine came from Florida..

I forgot to add. I will take 100k. Just line up at my car So I dont need to walk ..I will have what need. LMAO.. I'm pretty sure you can set higher prices online that you can in person. I remeber a few x when BOG or Rez took IN 50K from a drip here. People camping out to get the seeds crazy. If you wanty limited run seeds thats what need to get them. My s1 where gone before I even logged in to check how many where left all gone in 48 sec. No they want more. I cant just stop what im doing I have other projects im working on.. Will make more later if they still want them. so many have gg#$s1 should be easy to find.

Mad Lab

Blessed to have been running the GG4 this past year. Really has changed alot of growers lives as it is such a producer as well as producing quality!

Now while I love GG4 and props to Josey for the way he released it to the community, I still don't see this winning awards, even grown to it's best.

I feel this is a commercial growers treasure which is why it is #1 on IC. But when long time growers say this is the highest grade cannabis they have ever grown... this puzzles me. Also puzzles me to see this in consumer reviews.

PurpleFrost, how do you feel about the GG4 and its award winning potential?

onavelzy

Veteran
Would people prefer an S1 pack or a Bx more?

of these:

GG4 x GG4= S1

GG4 x GG4 S1 = S1 backcross (another option: GG4 S1 x GG4, ? more virility, better germ rate etc when done this way)

GG4 S1a x GG4 S1a = GG4 S2 ( i think that's S2, plz correct me if i've got it wrong)

GG4 S1a x GG4 S1b = GG4 S1 sib cross

i think i'd like to see how the last two come out but that's just my curiosity about the sexual genetics and the variation that would come in the F1 and the sib cross.

forgive me for not knowing the correct names of the different kinds of crosses.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blessed to have been running the GG4 this past year. Really has changed alot of growers lives as it is such a producer as well as producing quality!

Now while I love GG4 and props to Josey for the way he released it to the community, I still don't see this winning awards, even grown to it's best.

I feel this is a commercial growers treasure which is why it is #1 on IC. But when long time growers say this is the highest grade cannabis they have ever grown... this puzzles me. Also puzzles me to see this in consumer reviews.

PurpleFrost, how do you feel about the GG4 and its award winning potential?

I have never said anything close to that. I dont know who has that I know. We are all on the same page about gg#4.. gg#4 is a perfect cash cropper that has great potency,great taste, Bag appeal off the charts and yield this is what we all look for....

She is not a common cross she is a "elite" meaning she is a 1 off plant not easy to find a pheno like her. I won with her. I have had runs that are extremely good and some not as good it happens..

The run going now is very good.. if grown properly she is some excellent head stash anyone's best can be alot dif then my best. Many things can change what other produce in there garden..She def has award winning potential if she didn't she wouldn't win.

She already has 2 1st place and 1 3rd place on her belt. I have other strains I like better but gg#4 yields more. if people didn't like her they would buy her. I don't know if you have tried Sour Double I use her to compare others that come through my garden. She is the best clone I'm growing right now. She is some of the best I have had in a very long time she is better than gg#4 there no dispute over that.. The OGM is also very Unique and must be grown right to achieve good results. good but not as good as the dub, To me just as good as gg#$ but not the same yield and I like the flavor more on OGM.

Even if grown properly my gold can be another's silver same can be said for all strains. Alot has to do with personal preference. it all boils down to sales for some if all request gg#4 thats what drives what is grown and what is not.

So yes she does have a high potential to win cups. She already has. Not all have been at high times cups.

=PF

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are no males in gg#4 so you cant make f1.. I see no reason to do a bx. S1 or s2 is what I would do but you are not me do whatever you fancy.

Mad Lab

I have never said anything close to that. I dont know who has that I know. We are all on the same page about gg#4.. gg#4 is a perfect cash cropper that has great potency,great taste, Bag appeal off the charts and yield this is what we all look for....
=PF

Thanks for your input. I didn't say you did, I just asked your opinion on the matter.

I see numerous posts for other growers on IC stating this. And I'm not here making an argument for or against it, just asking the opinion of another grower with a library of flavors to really have a basis for comparison.

Just surprising to me some of the "trending" strains that reach the #1 list. GSC, GG4... just surprising..

I must be getting old. I just smoked some of Super Lemon Haze lemon skunk pheno today and I just thought: now there's a #1.

As you say gold and silver. The GG4 is really a golden goose, I love her dearly. We just need to get this cash cropper's hybrid to boost the terpene profile.

The GG4 x Durban Poison(male) I crossed came out amazing. I choose a Durban dominate pheno that finishes in 58 days, kept the structure of the GG4 and most of its appeal and really balances and blends both flavors nicely.

picture.php

I'm flowering some GG4 x Super Lemon Haze (lemon skunk 8 week purple pheno) at week 5 now. It really has the largest collection of terpenes I've ever had the pleasure of smelling. Truely you pick up hints of Sour Cherry, Mercene(Grape), Lemonene, Berries with all the best undertones like Skunk, Diesel, Chem, Hairspray. Similar to my Dark Madder(SLH x Platinum Bubba), but the yield looks to be massive! with the awesome terps and more resin than the gg4!

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there's nothing wrong with other posting that. She could very well be the best they have smoked. Many of us old timers and the head that have seen alot of weight go through there hands will have a much wider experience with different strains. I grew SLH when it was 1st released years ago i loved it. Me and 5leggoat got a care package from GHS for doing a short grow report on there website I think there both still there.. I liked it but I like gg#4 better. I like chem and diesel aromas more than fruity ones. The gg#4 I grow is very load she has a strong chem,diesel aroma in flower. Not possible to grow without a scrubber.

Nice cross, the 1st pic has nothing that looks like gg that I can see.. gg#$ doesn't grow flowers like that so more Durban dom. . The 2nd pic hard to tell but could have more gg#4 traits just cant tel. Spread some seeds around to the community if you want im sure people will like to try some.

Mad Lab

The glue sure is stinky, I dont believe I've ever had a stinkier veg plant in my life. More of a balanced Sour/Chem flavor, it really is great, but I do prefer a little more linger though, like Chem4. I would love to see the Sour Dubb, i hear is much more flavorful but it's not made it my way just yet.

I've sampled over 15 or 20 SLH phenos, but the one I found is truely unique. I've seen the indica dominate phenos but this one is special, short flowering as well. I wasnt a fan of most SLH although the flavor was always a big hit with any pheno of that strain.

Def going to be giving alot of s1's away soon

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Now here's a GG#4 x Strawberry Dogshit......having a hard time determining sex with this one. I put it into one of the flower rooms last night. So within a week I will know for sure.
picture.php

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I've always thought SLH would match well with alot of the chem, funky, sour, choco, diesels out here.

That SLH x GG looks ridiculous. Which plant did you reverse? and any signs of herm?

Mad Lab

I've always thought SLH would match well with alot of the chem, funky, sour, choco, diesels out here.

That SLH x GG looks ridiculous. Which plant did you reverse? and any signs of herm?

I actually reversed both. I germinated 25 seeds of each. 100% success rate for germination.

The GG4(pollen)x SLH: 18 left, 7 hermies.
The SLH(pollen)x GG4: 16 left, 8 hermies, 1 weak that was pulled.

The SLH reversed test subjects are turning out to be my favorite. The GG4 reversed crosses are very similar to the SLH ones but none of them took on the very unique purple the SLH had(which was different than any purple frost strain i've seen, looks super special not like GDP or GSC.

But besides the not retaining the purple early on(even in warm temps), they are all very similar. I only have 4 short bushy indicas out of the remaining subjects.

It's fairly difficult to determine a winner at this stage, they are all very uniform and potent and really taking on the only part of the GG4 I wanted: plant structure and some of it's diesel/chem trepenes.

Once a winner is choosen I will be passing out s1's.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a GG#4S1 going that on stem rub is all sour Im hoping she stays this way. Got a confirmation pisil on the GG4xWhite Og its a GIRL :) Ill get some pics up...

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Im getting ready to pop seeds of Greenhouse SLH and reverse a GG$4 to seed it with.
Also doing a Nev Haze x GG$4. Cant wait to try em both.
Your post just made me that much more excited about it with the Sour Cherry terps.

Status
Not open for further replies.