What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Lab

Im getting ready to pop seeds of Greenhouse SLH and reverse a GG$4 to seed it with.
Also doing a Nev Haze x GG$4. Cant wait to try em both.
Your post just made me that much more excited about it with the Sour Cherry terps.

Great minds think alike! :) Good luck with your crossing, I hope you get a Lemon Skunk pheno as well as a stable one, look for the bushy indica looking subjects.

I'm not a huge fan of Haze(mostly its flavor) although I give my respects to it for its contributions to what I love today, especially the SSH.

But I really do love Nev's Haze, curious to see how that comes out for you!

The SLH really does blend so well with Diesel/Chem terps. I'm so surprised more people arnt using SLH for their new hybrids these days, Franco really knocked it out of the park with it and I know it won the cups but California hasnt embrased it like it did with the kushes, maybe from so much of the seed company politics GHS went through with Shanti. GHS remains the most quality-consistent seed company I have worked with regardless of what claims made against them.

GHS White widow x GHS Lemon Skunk

This turned out similar but better than GHS's SLH.

Soon to be in a bed with a GG4 to make some babies.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Well glad to hear they dont all herm atleast lol. Cause I know there's some serious dank to be found in those genetics.

IM right there with ya man Ive got a Lemon Pie clone just in today. Its SLH x Cherry Pie supposed to be some nice stuff and good yield. I wanna cross it to a couple things Glue, Sour Bubble, Deathstar and Stardawg would all fit the bill for me.

I just havent had a chance to grow out SLH. Been handed clones that I couldnt resist so. But Id be looking for that same Lemon Skunk leaner that reaks of lemons and tastes straight on lemon :joint:. Havent had that shit in about a year.

Mr.Sparky

the lv 420 is a private cup with a bunch of us from IC, although its not really an "IC" event. going into our 6th year. always a blast...hard not to have fun with a bunch of growers crashing a big house in vegas for a 3-4 day weekend....always an abundance of great smoke, great food, great people...no commercialization, only blazedthefuckoutification. good times...we're trying to get prophet to log off of IG for a minute to make some additions to the group, I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to join us PF

This sounds amazing!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
The SLH really does blend so well with Diesel/Chem terps. I'm so surprised more people arnt using SLH for their new hybrids these days, Franco really knocked it out of the park with it and I know it won the cups but California hasnt embrased it like it did with the kushes, maybe from so much of the seed company politics GHS went through with Shanti.

the lemon haze never really caught on out on the west coast like it did on the east. i have many east coast friends who smell the haze family and love it, say its their favorite smell and flavor. but out here just never was that popular, it was around in various forms through catpiss, champagne, and definately did see lemon haze before out here that was fire. its a very dominant terpene that is one of the main cannabis profiles out there, it can be found in so many different lineages and hybrids. shit i found a lemon haze smelling pheno out of a GSC s1 lol….it probably lays dormant in many hybrids.

Mad Lab

the lemon haze never really caught on out on the west coast like it did on the east. i have many east coast friends who smell the haze family and love it, say its their favorite smell and flavor. but out here just never was that popular, it was around in various forms through catpiss, champagne, and definately did see lemon haze before out here that was fire. its a very dominant terpene that is one of the main cannabis profiles out there, it can be found in so many different lineages and hybrids. shit i found a lemon haze smelling pheno out of a GSC s1 lol….it probably lays dormant in many hybrids.

Yeah, Haze (Unripe Mango, slight Lemon cleaner smell) is the one thing I truly dislike smoking. I understand why the spoiled westcoast kids were happy to fade it out of the scene. Just doesn't linger on the tongue.

SLH pheno's I like are the ones that you cant even smell the haze in it. All the SSH brings to the table is the resin and its sparkly/Shiny appearance. A Loud sour lemon cherry candy comes through.

As you say, the Haze can virtually come out in anything that we pass around today. I would always be upset when OG beans would turn out more Hazey than Chem-ie, lol. Happened quite a bit when I was chasing a monster Raskal OG pheno, lol i hated it.

Gulliver420

I've been running GG4 cut for almost a year now. I have to admit, it is one of the best strains I've ever run because they are easy to root, they are vigorous in veg, they are ready to harvest in about 60 days, not very temperamental, likes to feed, great yields and fire buds at harvest. It really doesnt get better. Thank you Josey Wales.

However, there's has been a weird thing that happened on my last round that I dont understand. I usually get my cutting off of my healthy plants in veg right before I click. On my last round for some reason, two of the cuttings looked small and when they grew out the buds were airy, had no nose, had no trichomes, skinny stalks and weak root development. They did not look like GG4 at all, but I got the cuttings from a Healthy GG4. The rest of the cuttings were just fine but the two for some reason became duds. I remember there was a discussion about duds a while back but there was no explaination. Can someone please explain how I got two duds out of 33 other normal cuttings?
Thank you in advance.

Mad Lab

However, there's has been a weird thing that happened on my last round that I dont understand. I usually get my cutting off of my healthy plants in veg right before I click. On my last round for some reason, two of the cuttings looked small and when they grew out the buds were airy, had no nose, had no trichomes, skinny stalks and weak root development. They did not look like GG4 at all, but I got the cuttings from a Healthy GG4. The rest of the cuttings were just fine but the two for some reason became duds. I remember there was a discussion about duds a while back but there was no explaination. Can someone please explain how I got two duds out of 33 other normal cuttings?
Thank you in advance.

Interesting.

If you dont mind me asking, what kind of system do you run? or are you soil?

Gulliver420

I know, isn't that interesting. Perplexing is more like it. I remember reading somewhere that there were duds being passed around. If memory serves me correct,the duds were a result of broadmites. I don't know, perhaps this was the case but in my scenario, it was just 2 of the plants dudded out.

To answer your question, I grow in 10 gallon pots with 1/2 ocean forest and 1/2 promix.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I've been running GG4 cut for almost a year now. I have to admit, it is one of the best strains I've ever run because they are easy to root, they are vigorous in veg, they are ready to harvest in about 60 days, not very temperamental, likes to feed, great yields and fire buds at harvest. It really doesnt get better. Thank you Josey Wales.

Thank you in advance.

welcome to the duds! it happens here and there, some say it was due to stem nematodes, other genetic drift, others say broads.

i had slight variance in some of my clones in my 20kw room. but they didn't come out bad, just came out different looking. definately a little more airy, but still had a ton of frost if not more frosty. and had more of a melon mango smell instead of the rubber chocolate smell. damn near looked like two different cuts.

either way, my GG moms all went totally retard on me last few months. they stopped growing vertical and started bowing over and turning into bonsai trees, like i sprayed them with bushload or something. no matter how much i pruned and propped, they just kept stacking nodes. something was off so i killed all the moms off. if someone wants to hook up a fresh GG4 cut i might run her again, but unfortunately until that happens I'm back to cookies n kush.

mad lab - regarding the haze terpene, storm shadow just did a huge run of iranian landraces and says that he found many phenos with that stinky lemon haze smell, which further leads me to believe its one of the ancient dominant terpenes out there and is in the DNA code of almost all hybrids.

Mad Lab

mad lab - regarding the haze terpene, storm shadow just did a huge run of iranian landraces and says that he found many phenos with that stinky lemon haze smell, which further leads me to believe its one of the ancient dominant terpenes out there and is in the DNA code of almost all hybrids.

Did Storm Shadow thread his Iranian landrace grow? That's awesome, I can't wait to do a huge run of landraces in the near future. Iranian, so cool. I've heard in Tuyserkan, Iran area has amazing plants.

Interesting theory about the ancient terp, I've heard that from most breeders that get on the haze topic, as well as old timers who were around when the sativas came to our shores and were being crossed to create it.

But i was always wondering if this terp was also found in indica landraces like Afghanistan or Iran areas. That's so cool that Shadow found it in the indicas. It's been a question I've had for quite some time.

Mad Lab

Is Shadow planning on releasing anything regarding his Iranian keepers? It's been a dream to run into a true indica from that area.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Yeah I dont understand why SLH never caught on over there. Its literally some of the best smoke in the world, no questions. If you dont like lemon you wont but alottta people do so?

But the bag appeal is top notch. And she'll coat your mouth with a STRONG lemon candy goodness. No lack in the flavor department thats for sure. And then the high comes on and you're just put into a super happy fun time. I think the GG crossed with her is ingenious. I was just scared as fuck about herms.. and obviously I was right. But maybe Glue Bubble or Sour Bubble will come out just as good without the herms. Well see :biggrin:.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
"Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate into 100 ml of water.

Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate into 100 ml of water. Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS.

In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of [Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.

Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended."

"Spray them while they're in their dark period with a heavy dose of STS formula. Basically, five milliliters to every one liter of distilled water. When they're sprayed, give them a 15-minute break period, then spray them again."

^^^ Like that.

dank.Frank

im a little confused. so after i make this 100ml solution, do i spray it like that or mix it with more water? it doest make sense with the recipe being so different than the one that uses .5 grams into 500 ml, then dilutes that into a 1:9 ratio...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
take 20ml of silver add that to 80 mls of sodium then spray that mix on the plants.. I sprayed mine 3x. I still don't see any change its been a few weeks now. The plant looks all pissed off for sure. She looks like there is something wrong with her?. My 1st time using this mixture. I used this last time with success.If I don't see something in another 2 weeks I must have did something wrong.? I know the chem's are mixed properly only this I did different was only applying 3x vs about 30x.
http://www.budresearch.com/product.php?xProd=35

Mad Lab

take 20ml of silver add that to 80 mls of sodium then spray that mix on the plants.. I sprayed mine 3x. I still don't see any change its been a few weeks now. The plant looks all pissed off for sure. She looks like there is something wrong with her?. My 1st time using this mixture. I used this last time with success.If I don't see something in another 2 weeks I must have did something wrong.? I know the chem's are mixed properly only this I did different was only applying 3x vs about 30x.
http://www.budresearch.com/product.php?xProd=35

when you say 30x, do you mean 30 sprays for 1 application or 30 applications? If so, when do you apply?

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Is Shadow planning on releasing anything regarding his Iranian keepers? It's been a dream to run into a true indica from that area.

I kinda doubt it but you should ask him, if not check out x18 def not nearly the same as Storm Shadows stock but a pure indica and from the not so far off lands of Pakistan if im not mistaken. Available to all through Tom Hills seed company.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
"Part A: 0.5 grams silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water

The silver nitrate dissolves within 15 seconds. The sodium thiosulfate takes 30-45 seconds to dissolve.

The silver nitrate solution (part A, 500ml) is then mixed into the sodium thiosulfate solution (part B, 500ml) while stirring rapidly. The resulting blend is silver thiosulfate solution (STS).

This stock solution is then diluted at a ratio of 1:9 to make a working solution. For example, 100ml of stock STS is added to 900ml of distilled water. This is then sprayed on select female plants."

the bold part is what i don't get. in this one you are using WAY less materials, mixing .5 and 2.5 into 500 ml each.

where as in the other recipe, you are mixing 1.6 and 1.7 into only 100 ml a piece, and then NOT diluting?

Grizz

Veteran
welcome to the duds! it happens here and there, some say it was due to stem nematodes, other genetic drift, others say broads.

i had slight variance in some of my clones in my 20kw room. but they didn't come out bad, just came out different looking. definately a little more airy, but still had a ton of frost if not more frosty. and had more of a melon mango smell instead of the rubber chocolate smell. damn near looked like two different cuts.

either way, my GG moms all went totally retard on me last few months. they stopped growing vertical and started bowing over and turning into bonsai trees, like i sprayed them with bushload or something. no matter how much i pruned and propped, they just kept stacking nodes. something was off so i killed all the moms off. if someone wants to hook up a fresh GG4 cut i might run her again, but unfortunately until that happens I'm back to cookies n kush.

I am sure that can be arranged soon, 420 ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.