What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The terpene profiles are probably changing do to environment, Nutrients used. I have read that one of the heavy metals or minerals if low constantly (I think MG or sulfur) Will cause a change in smell and taste. This is just a guess from what I have read. With mine there is no Sweet, Pine, Fruity aroma's or tastes. Its mostly a sour choc/coffee diesel chemy dank with a slight pepe lapu..I have read a few report Soap, Fruit loops, perfume, Sweet smells or tastes .. I know many can smell things alot different then the way I smell things. So its really all subjective.. If that's what ea of us smells it cant be disputed.

Cartel530

Veteran
the only time i got the sour or sweet tones was from the November 15th or so pull. I usually get the chocolate chem smells from her when pulled in the correct time frame with the slight pine sap smell when pulled early. october 1st would be what week or flowering 7th or so in the northern california hills?

Cartel530

Veteran
Here is a pheno of Red Eyed Genetics "Glue Trap". this pheno jumped out at me with the leaves and then pulled her up and noticed its bottoms are the pale green and shooting up like it was topped. In veg its Dead on Glue hopefully she turns out to be a female im excited to see what the Guard Dawg f2 added in.

-Glue Trap = Guard Dawg F2 x Gorilla Glue #4
-Guard Dawg F2 = Abusive OG x Tres Stardawg

I am hoping the mixture of More Chem lines With the tres dawg x stardog x OG added in will really take it to the next level :)

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Super weird that people would be describing GG#4 as piney, let alone sweet/soapy/fruity....

Aroma interpretation is extremely subjective, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say that anybody that is getting those aromas simply isn't getting anywhere near the real potential of this girl. I've seen/smoked/smelled samples from peeps that use various methods from growing in coco with salt based nutrients, hydro, to organic soil like myself... and it's always somewhere along the sour/chem/fuel/coffee/mocha profiles that make GG#4 so awesome.

The only sample I've seen that could've been called piney or sweet was a from an overfed/heat stressed, botched run.

Hope nobody takes offense to that, none intended, just sharing my experience :tiphat:

Edit: 1000th post, woot woot.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Still a ways to go. Yields increased this round dramatically due to vegging with the 1000W Ushio Conversions instead of the Horti Super HPS.

picture.php

picture.php

redlaser

Veteran
It's gonna be a little different with each individual. I get a pine smell like LA con, not overpowering, somewhat bubba kush like too. One sample was more sweet like sugared gumdrops smell along with the LA con smell. the grower is as good or better than most, and he doesn't get any pine smell or sweet smell at all from it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It wouldn't surprise me if someone mislabeled one of the gg#1 as gg#4. JW did say the #1 does have a slight pine aroma.

JointOperation

i wonder how many people have the other phenos of GG... what 1..2...3.. whats really out there and floating around.. if josey only gave them to even 1 person.. theres a chance for them to be spread too..

and what nutes are the people using that are getting that piney smell out of gg4.. if its a verified cut.. then maybe its a nute thing..?

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey rb-26 what conversion bulbs are you using by Ushio? I am using there Ushio high lux opti-red bulb and I swear it's destroying my old bulbs with yield...

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still a ways to go. Yields increased this round dramatically due to vegging with the 1000W Ushio Conversions instead of the Horti Super HPS.

How so? Veg speed and node spacing, or was it something else?

:tiphat:

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Hey rb-26 what conversion bulbs are you using by Ushio? I am using there Ushio high lux opti-red bulb and I swear it's destroying my old bulbs with yield...

I don't use the red, I use the Ushio 1000W Blue Conversions for veg and parts of flower, but mainly use the Hortilux Super HPS for flower.

How so? Veg speed and node spacing, or was it something else?

Not really anything to do with speed, just completely changed the structure of the plant. I still vegged for the same 30 day period. Much more bushy with many more node sites and closer spacing. The GG is my favorite strain, but she can really screw you if everything is not on point. This run looks like a totally different plant with things dialed in.

marrdogg

Veteran
It wouldn't surprise me if someone mislabeled one of the gg#1 as gg#4. JW did say the #1 does have a slight pine aroma.

I second that, I get no pine at all from the #4, but the #1 is pure pine funk. If a person doesnt know the #1 can easily be mistaken for the #4 I've done it pleanty times. Sometimes thats the only way to know is the smell, #1 is funky as shit in flower will out yeild the #4 on a bad day just dont smoke like that foe!

marrdogg

Veteran
i wonder how many people have the other phenos of GG... what 1..2...3.. whats really out there and floating around.. if josey only gave them to even 1 person.. theres a chance for them to be spread too..

and what nutes are the people using that are getting that piney smell out of gg4.. if its a verified cut.. then maybe its a nute thing..?
From my understanding the only ones given out were the #1,#2, and the #4. The other phenos were never given and only couple peeps were given the #2. That's all the phenos that were passed. PEACE!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't use the red, I use the Ushio 1000W Blue Conversions for veg and parts of flower, but mainly use the Hortilux Super HPS for flower.

Not really anything to do with speed, just completely changed the structure of the plant. I still vegged for the same 30 day period. Much more bushy with many more node sites and closer spacing. The GG is my favorite strain, but she can really screw you if everything is not on point. This run looks like a totally different plant with things dialed in.

thats the same bulbs i use :biggrin:
600's here & 1000's at my buddys in the 4 x 8 tent .
sense i started with the super red horti's in flower .... its made a helluva difference :dance013:

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Next round of GG4 going under a gavita in a 4x4 tray. Decided to try 3 gal fabric pots instead of 2 gal this time around. Also, cut feeds a little early last time around so going to modify my feed schedule as well. Nothing but Jacks + CalNit

Hopefully this
picture.php

will become this in about 9 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.