What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttyrekka

speaking of 600 watt hortilux anyone ever seen this...
few harvest's back a bulb fails...
ballast is fine,hood,bulb holder too...
and the i check the bulb it's blown,or melted...or something....
picture.php

anyone seen this before? i've been useing horti's for 8 years part from this..everythings been fine
bulb didn't shatter,circuit breakers turned of the electric to the room.
but heat enough to melt metal is not good!

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
View Image
anyone seen this before? i've been useing horti's for 8 years part from this..everythings been fine

it happens. not sure why in your case but see if your ballast is still working correctly. if it is replace bulb and dont worry about it. they are designed to have heat like that without becoming too much of a fire hazard. the event that melted that was likely over in under a second. not to dangerous but disconcerting nonethe less. it may have blown a fuse in the ballast. your bulb may have a warranty.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
54" cage is cut off from the bottom of this picture, for size reference. You can just see it in the lower right corner. One plant, 3 gallons, 30 day veg, 56 day flower, 2 week flush. Not sure how some of you are vegging for 60 days+ with this cut, I'd be hitting the 10' ceilings if I gave them that long.

picture.php

GG4 Lower

picture.php

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image
digital ballast?
looks like the vacuum failed at a pinpoint spot and the gases inside the bulb flared out...

buttyrekka

cheers str8,unc...
like str8 said i wasen't too worried but t'was very disconcerting..
normal ballast(is still workin now been goin 5 years).
bulb was under warranty,but it had been in use for 6 weeks of 12/12 so it ended up goin in the bin.
never seen the like before though:)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers str8,unc...
like str8 said i wasen't too worried but t'was very disconcerting..
normal ballast(is still workin now been goin 5 years).
bulb was under warranty,but it had been in use for 6 weeks of 12/12 so it ended up goin in the bin.
never seen the like before though:)

ah,replace your capacitor,its about to go out soon...it was probably a bulb failure but a bad cap will stress the bulb as well.when theres a microscopic flaw in the bulb the additional stress would easily cause a failure like that...

Mikenite69

Veteran
Thanks for the info rb-26. I actually vegged for a couple of weeks with my Ushio high lux opti red bulb and the plants still did awesome. The only plants that took off in stretch was the forum slut and the ecsd but I exspected that other than those two all stayed within normal stretching. I'll have to give those conversion bulbs a looksie. This is my first time using Ushio bulbs but I am sold on them.

Are the conversion bulbs safe or dimmable electronic ballast? Thanks for the info!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its easy to veg long. She loves to be spread out horizontally. I just lst and tie down. Last plant 13 inches high, 38 inches wide when I flipped.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never had a glue get taller than 7.5' indoor no matter how long I vegged.. I have never went passed 87 days for veg..I like to do 60 I rarely put any in at 30 its always more 40+

I use a conversion in veg.. I dim in the summer winter I don't I need the heat

Grizz

Veteran
54" cage is cut off from the bottom of this picture, for size reference. You can just see it in the lower right corner. One plant, 3 gallons, 30 day veg, 56 day flower, 2 week flush. Not sure how some of you are vegging for 60 days+ with this cut, I'd be hitting the 10' ceilings if I gave them that long.

View Image

GG4 Lower

View Image
great , what did you get for yield per bulb ?

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran

View Image

GG4 Lower

View Image
I'll let ya know how it works out. Just put 4 in that are 4' tall setting on a 1' table. So 5' from the floor to the screen. I think I can keep them under control with some bobbin and weaving. Topped them good 2 days after the flip so maybe that will help as well. They don't seem to stretch as much under the e-paps.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK I'm going to be reversing a Sour Dub and another GG#4.. I need someone to verify my STS recipe is good to use. I have not used this recipe.. The other stuff I used arrived in pre measured baggies I just had to mix it with RO.. ..

1. 1.60g of Sodium Thiosulfate into 100 ml RO x2
2. 1.7g of Silver Nitrate into 100 ml RO x2

This is the stock solution to make STS as I need it. The bottles will get stored in the refrigerator for up to 30 days.

3. slowly pour 40 ml of silver nitrate stock solution into 160 ml of sodium thiosulfate stock solution to make 200ml of STS to spray them when light are out with 30 min breaks between ea spray..

Can someone please verify this for me....

Attachments

• DSCN2929.jpg
    DSCN2929.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 16

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
The other stuff I used arrived in pre measured baggies I just had to mix it with RO.. ..

1. 1.60g of Sodium Thiosulfate into 100 ml RO x2
2. 1.7g of Silver Nitrate into 100 ml RO x2

This is the stock solution to make STS as I need it. The bottles will get stored in the refrigerator for up to 30 days.

3. slowly pour 40 ml of silver nitrate stock solution into 160 ml of sodium thiosulfate stock solution to make 200ml of STS to spray them when light are out with 30 min breaks between ea spray..

Can someone please verify this for me....

Hammer, not the directions I have.........just got my STS stuff in myself. I didn't buy pre packed.....bought it in bulk. Let me work out the #'s and see if the ratios end up the same in the final solution. Will pm you.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sure, That recipe was posted in this thread I saved it. The only thing I did was round off the #'s instead of 158g I made it 1.6g and 168 to 1.7g... I bought a large quantity of the chems this time so I can make up a batch when ever I need it.. Last time it was just a small amount pre measured in little viles. It was easy to do cam with some directions it worked great that's what I used to make the gg#4 s1. I'm surprised no no one has chimed in someone made that recipe lol.. Here is another one

part A: .5 gram silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water.. My bottle doesn't say if its Anhydrous???? Mine has (Na2S2O3.5H2O) On the label

The silver nitrate dissolves within 15 seconds. The sodium thiosulfate takes 30-45 seconds to dissolve.

The silver nitrate solution (A) is then mixed into the sodium thiosulfate solution (B) while stirring rapidly. The resulting blend is stock silver thiosulfate solution (STS).

This stock solution is then diluted at a ratio of 1:9 to make a working solution. For example, 100ml of stock STS is added to 900ml of distilled water. This is then sprayed on select female plants.

Both the stock STS and the working solution should be refrigerated after use, as well as the powdered chemicals, to avoid activity loss. Excess working solution can be safely poured down the drain after use (with ample running water) with negligible environmental impact. It's pretty cheap

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sure, That recipe was posted in this thread I saved it. The only thing I did was round off the #'s instead of 1.58g I made it 1.6g and 1.68 to 1.7g... I bought a large quantity of the chems this time so I can make up a batch when ever I need it.. Last time it was just a small amount pre measured in little viles. It was easy to do cam with some directions it worked great that's what I used to make the gg#4 s1. I'm surprised no no one has chimed in someone made that recipe lol.. Here is another one

part A: .5 gram silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water.. My bottle doesn't say if its Anhydrous???? Mine has (Na2S2O3.5H2O) On the label

The silver nitrate dissolves within 15 seconds. The sodium thiosulfate takes 30-45 seconds to dissolve.

The silver nitrate solution (A) is then mixed into the sodium thiosulfate solution (B) while stirring rapidly. The resulting blend is stock silver thiosulfate solution (STS).

This stock solution is then diluted at a ratio of 1:9 to make a working solution. For example, 100ml of stock STS is added to 900ml of distilled water. This is then sprayed on select female plants.

Both the stock STS and the working solution should be refrigerated after use, as well as the powdered chemicals, to avoid activity loss. Excess working solution can be safely poured down the drain after use (with ample running water) with negligible environmental impact. It's pretty cheap

Here is the whole recipe I posted in PDF. I doubled the amounts so I would have enough to fill my spray bottle.

Attachments

• STSSolution.pdf
    75.1 KB · Views: 63

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
i know you can buy colloidal silver at any health food store, 500 ppm or 10 ppm. Anyone tried them for reversing?

Status
Not open for further replies.