What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
One source of the Matt Gaetz resignation threat story. Not the most upstanding or remarkable source, but a source none the less.

I'd say, "You can't make this shit up," but in fact, they might have. Who knows? (I guess Matt knows).

And another source.

And another.

The theme being they appear to all be right-wing, mostly obscure rags.. someone trying to manipulate the impasse, perhaps? Mmhmm..
Well if it is a true story all I can say is that Matt Gaetzdoesn't understand the concept of making a threat. Someone should really sit him down and try to explain that if you want your threat to stop something from happening then you should make sure it's something so undesirable it actually stops people from doing what you don't want them to do. With this particular threat I would imagine Kevin McCarthy's in box was filled with offers for deals from Democrats, this morning.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
It's really eye opening to some to see the Democrats in complete control of the House, Congress, Presidency, DoJ, FB I and what not for the last 6 years, try and corner Trump to no avail. All you have is innuendo and projection of Democrat crime. Suck it up!

Jokes on those who haven't figure it out yet.
The joke is on people who make absurd assertions like the one you made heree and they fail to realize within the very assertion they make they prove how false it is. But hey you just keep on holding on to your Biblical dreams. I mean even a clock that doesn't work get's the time right twice a day.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The only other option I see is for the republicans to eject certain 'members' from the party. This group is in fact the Fascist party and nothing more than an infection in the Republican Party. These are the real RINOs and do not represent republican values and should be kicked out so the vote can continue. Call them what they are.

Three Berries

The joke is on people who make absurd assertions like the one you made heree and they fail to realize within the very assertion they make they prove how false it is. But hey you just keep on holding on to your Biblical dreams. I mean even a clock that doesn't work get's the time right twice a day.
well what do you have?

Three Berries

The only other option I see is for the republicans to eject certain 'members' from the party. This group is in fact the Fascist party and nothing more than an infection in the Republican Party. These are the real RINOs and do not represent republican values and should be kicked out so the vote can continue. Call them what they are.
You mean the ones who want to follow the Constitution right?

moose eater

It's worrisome that even one citizen doesn't understand why Congress is necessary and even how it should function.

I fear that there's still more than one Trump supporter.

Communication and compromise seems to translate to "follow the leader" and "screw everyone else" in their heads.

It's very scary that fascism is taking such a hold on any of our citizens.
Mary Peltola, D- Alaska, is (in my opinion) perhaps the most functional, open-minded toward cross-aisle bipartisanism person I've seen elected to Congress in a long while. She thinks for herself, works hard, has an open ear policy, is genuine, and a very cool person, as well.. at least thus far... She can't get confirmed now, due to the skirmishes in the House.

That said, it's more than a bit entertaining to see such a collection of utter goof balls falling over themselves, like the Keystone Cops took over Congress or something..

moose eater

Well if it is a true story all I can say is that Matt Gaetzdoesn't understand the concept of making a threat. Someone should really sit him down and try to explain that if you want your threat to stop something from happening then you should make sure it's something so undesirable it actually stops people from doing what you don't want them to do. With this particular threat I would imagine Kevin McCarthy's in box was filled with offers for deals from Democrats, this morning.
Interpretation by some better sources has it as a statement that he is certain the ultimatum and outcomes won't come to his line in the sand. Like, "I bet if I jump over that skyscraper, your family will suffer."

He's making theatrical threats for the purpose of emphasizing his agenda, without actually risking much of himself in any real way that matters. But he 'sounds' so committed to the cause by posturing that way..

Three Berries

Insurrectionists are anti Constitutionalists who tried to stop the peaceful transfer of power. This is fundamental to the constitution.
You do not know the truth only the MSM narrative. Release all the video and pictures and testimony,. Why do they have the videos sealed for 50 years?

Three Berries

I'm sorry. I don't want to play make believe.
What Trump tried to get Pence to do was legal. So legal that the Dems rushed to change the law right after the election.

And here is the Twitter video of Trump telling people to go peaceably home. Right after Trump posted this Twitter banned him and hid the tweet.

audiohi

Veteran
What Trump tried to get Pence to do was legal. So legal that the Dems rushed to change the law right after the election.

And here is the Twitter video of Trump telling people to go peaceably home. Right after Trump posted this Twitter banned him and hid the tweet.

lol.

too late now, huh?

You would've loved Kamala Harris appointing the next president had they not changed the rules.

Oh well.

igrowone

Veteran
he's working it out, maybe a little slow, kind of like the Piranha brothers

They would select a victim and then threaten to beat him up if he paid the so-called protection money. Four months later they started another operation which the called 'The Other Operation'. In this racket they selected another victim and threatened not to beat him up if he didn't pay them. One month later they hit upon 'The Other Other Operation'. In this the victim was threatened that if he didn't pay them, they would beat him up. This for the Piranha brothers was the turning point.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What Trump wanted Pence to do was not legal LMAO. You won't find any law expert that would agree he could do this. There's plenty of data you could read about it. Stop being so easily manipulated..

Trump pointed to a current effort in Congress to amend the Electoral Count Act, a law enacted in 1887 and amended in 1948, as purported proof for his assertion. This is baseless in fact or law. The role of the vice president in the counting of Electoral College votes is largely ceremonial. To be sure, the efforts now being made to revise the ECA suggest that there is murkiness in the language (especially the use of a passive voice), but it’s not enough ambiguity to support a claim that the VP actually has such a power.

The Constitution directs the president of the Senate to open the certificates of the election results from the states in the presence of the Senate and House and instructs that the votes “shall then be counted". The vice president is not explicitly referenced. However, the vice president as president of the Senate is absent, and the senior most senator from the majority party serves in that role. That language indicates Congress — not just the president of the Senate is to count the votes and doesn’t afford the vice president any special power to overturn them.

The Electoral Count Act does allow for an objection to a state’s vote in writing if it is signed by a member of the House and a member of the Senate. Stop being a follower and do your due diligence on the subject matter before agreeing with these cucks' opinions.

moose eater

What Trump wanted Pence to do was not legal LMAO. You won't find any law expert that would agree he could do this. There's plenty of data you could read about it. Stop being so easily manipulated..

Trump pointed to a current effort in Congress to amend the Electoral Count Act, a law enacted in 1887 and amended in 1948, as purported proof for his assertion. This is baseless in fact or law. The role of the vice president in the counting of Electoral College votes is largely ceremonial. To be sure, the efforts now being made to revise the ECA suggest that there is murkiness in the language (especially the use of a passive voice), but it’s not enough ambiguity to support a claim that the VP actually has such a power.

The Constitution directs the president of the Senate to open the certificates of the election results from the states in the presence of the Senate and House and instructs that the votes “shall then be counted". The vice president is not explicitly referenced. However, the vice president as president of the Senate is absent, and the senior most senator from the majority party serves in that role. That language indicates Congress — not just the president of the Senate is to count the votes and doesn’t afford the vice president any special power to overturn them.

The Electoral Count Act does allow for an objection to a state’s vote in writing if it is signed by a member of the House and a member of the Senate. Stop being a follower and do your due diligence on the subject matter before agreeing with these cucks' opinions.
In Trump-land, and especially in Trump's mind, the President is a dictator or monarch, especially if his name is Trump; he can do what ever he wishes.

Many well-sourced articles have been written in the past 4 years involving Trump's aides having to tell him privately that what he wanted to do in any number of circumstances, was not legal, advisable, or possible.

Often he would reportedly pout, argue, or become withdrawn, from what I've read of those moments.

One complaint had to do with Meadows allowing direct access to the President (Trump), at least concerning written documents, by persons whose writing or ideas hadn't yet been vetted for credibility or anything else, for that matter.

It was listed specifically as the cause or source of Trump's announcement to the Nation re. the UV lighting and bleach re. COVID, which caused his aides (handlers) to cringe when he went live with that.

Hard to 'walk back' lunacy to the publc, after a National announcement, sufficiently to have folks forget it entirely for at least a few years... or more. Like MAD Magazine highlights.

Trump's (and to some degree Biden's) Presidency, is owed largely to money (and/or rumors of it), name-recognition, blind partisanism, and disingenuous sound-bytes. Amounting to hiring your car mechanic to perform your brain surgery, because you think he did great work on your Volvo.. He may have skills of some sort, some place, but they don't apply to the given situation. And it's more than apt to end in a complete clusterfuck... Just as it did/has/is.

Three Berries

That's why they had to change the law right?

Status
Not open for further replies.