What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The end game - What happens?

Do republicans throw in the towel and give in to the worst of the worst ?
Does KM give up and they pick someone who can eek out a handful of votes from the nuts.
Do a handful of republicans throw it to the dems and vote Jeffries figuring better than the wackos holding them hostage ?

moose eater

Does KM give up and they pick someone who can eek out a handful of votes from the nuts.
Do a handful of republicans throw it to the dems and vote Jeffries figuring better than the wackos holding them hostage ?
MTG threatens her way into the position via a bloody machete as a convincing prop, and threatening a straffing run by an F-15, complete with stereo sound-effects.

igrowone

Veteran

seems like the plan
get the moderates mad enough to do something stupid
then those moderates will be purged, being traitors to the true path
the drama must get bigger otherwise the radical base gets bored

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been floated that a consensus Republican that both Dems and Repubs could get behind would be nominated. But I think the Dem leadership is more than willing to let them fight it out for a while before actually going with that option.

The record is 133 votes, iirc. From before the Civil War. Took 3ish months.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
there are hints that the Ds might go along with McCarthy (or whoever) "IF" committees have equal Ds & Rs on them, and a couple of chairs to go with it. that would sure fuck up the GOPs plan to investigate every damn thing under the sun though. :tiphat: might get something done for a change though. even if that happens, it won't be real soon. if your opponent is digging himself a hole, you don't take his shovel away from him. besides, they wanted chaos, let's see how they handle it for a while! stupid MFs... who the hell ever thought McMoron had any leadership skills to begin with? he couldn't get a Labrador to fetch a fucking tennis ball...:biglaugh:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Qfnsn.png

buzzmobile

Veteran
I can maybe still get into pergatory now, though, right?
Sister Borgia would not let you in because "Spelling Counts".

pergatory

Orion Ryan 1989's own word. I think it means "purgatory" but I am not sure.
a lifetime in pergatory for you
by Sean Leader April 10, 2005
She was hell on pergatory. She taught me to pray for the "loneliest soul in purgatory", especially on Nov. 2

I wonder if she was really saying "prey for the loneliest sole in pergatory"? Sounds fishy now that I think about it.
1672917258634.png

moose eater

Sister Borgia would not let you in because "Spelling Counts".

She was hell on pergatory. She taught me to pray for the "loneliest soul in purgatory", especially on Nov. 2

I wonder if she was really saying "prey for the loneliest sole in pergatory"? Sounds fishy now that I think about it.
View attachment 18798652
I'd claim it was merely a misplaced finger/key-stroke, but the e is too far from the u on the board. I guess I may really be headed for purgatory now... I repent!!!!!

igrowone

Veteran
It's been floated that a consensus Republican that both Dems and Repubs could get behind would be nominated. But I think the Dem leadership is more than willing to let them fight it out for a while before actually going with that option.

The record is 133 votes, iirc. From before the Civil War. Took 3ish months.
the dems wet dream, a weak speaker they could partly control
too good to be true methinks
I can literally hear the howls for blood down in the trump village if that happened

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The last time I checked it had a 212 for the Dems and 203 for rep.. Its been like that for 6 votes now?. Even with the Rep being in the majority they cant get more votes for the speaker lol.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I thought they were revolting against McCarthy? The GOP = RINO. May they rest in peace.

Democracy in action.......
Ironically as fond as the MAGA crowd is of throwing the term RINO around it is they who are Republicans In Name Only. There is not one single aspect of their idiology that is even close to what the Republican Party has stood for from the days of Lincoln until Trump took office.

Three Berries

Ironically as fond as the MAGA crowd is of throwing the term RINO around it is they who are Republicans In Name Only. There is not one single aspect of their idiology that is even close to what the Republican Party has stood for from the days of Lincoln until Trump took office.
Could very well be. Ultra MAGA is just a wing. Much like the Tea Party was. And as you can see the establishment RINOs are trying the same banishment techniques.

Whatever the name is the Republican party needs to change as all they are now is enablers of Democrat policies. Or maybe they are being blackmailed?

And if you want to go back to the days of Lincoln lets see how the party of slavery was doing, the Democrats.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Could very well be. Ultra MAGA is just a wing. Much like the Tea Party was. And as you can see the establishment RINOs are trying the same banishment techniques.

Whatever the name is the Republican party needs to change as all they are now is enablers of Democrat policies. Or maybe they are being blackmailed?

And if you want to go back to the days of Lincoln lets see how the party of slavery was doing, the Democrats.
Back then the South was pretty much all Democrats. Not long after the Civil War all those Southern Democrats became Republicans which is one of the many reasons the Republican party is viewed as being racist these days

Status
Not open for further replies.