What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Nature

Regardless of if he gets charged or not, how great would it be to see a reality show about Trump trying to make his way through his first year of prison? I don't think he'd make it that far, my money would be on 4 months, but he has more money than your average prisoner so he could leverage that.

"The Apprentice: Rikers Edition"

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I was merely noting the number or frequency of positive strokes (rep) and related comments coming from pro-tRump folks in those other (political) forums. They are DEFINITELY on an up-tick. Add that to his past 'resilience' re. his history in the courts (esp. civil courts), and it makes sense that many regard him as akin to the Teflon Don.

I believe that IF he looks like he can deliver the gold, the stuffed shirt party leaders are shallow enough that the GQP will lock onto him like a piglet on its mother's tit.

Look at their current hesitation to say very much truly damning or definitively distancing about him. They continue to pull their punches in uncertainty and fuax party unity.

The entire politcal game has largely become a puke fest, imo. Heartless B-grade acting, perpetrated by folks lacking in any real soulfullness. I long for another Kingfish, with far more sanity and politcal savvy, and a real zeal for the Peoples' needs..

Empty garden in that regard, currently, imo.

In that regard, it seems like a good night for an extra tequila or festive beer. As the ship sinks, there should always be a party. :)
I agree with much of your analysis I'm just trying to be hopeful that some of stuffed shirts will start exercising foresight. At best Trump only has a handful of years to be of any use to the GOP whatsoever. Ignoring legal peril and such Trump is old and he does not practice healthy habits that might guarentee he lasts another 10 years or so. Just from that perspective alone the stuff shirts should be working on Trump's replacement right now.

Then there is the legal peril and while I understand that many are justifiably doubtful of the legal system holding Trump accountable he's facing very different types of legal problems then the ones that earned him the nickname of Teflon Don. Also the Special Prosecutor Smith, at least so far, does not seem like the type to let Trump get away with his usual tactics.

Finally there is the fact that Trump only has one more term. Sure there are those hoping he'll do like Putin or Xi and make himself the Supreme ruler of the land for as long as he has left but that will take manuvering and destruction of the way our government works that I don't see the overwhelming majority of the population tolerating anything even remotely like that.

Because of all these things as weak and timid as the stuffed shirts are when it comes to Trump they need to be working with all due speed and effort of who will be their leader beyond Trump. If they don't the chances are better then not that they will be insuring the Democrats stay in control for a long time to come.

moose eater

I agree with much of your analysis I'm just trying to be hopeful that some of stuffed shirts will start exercising foresight. At best Trump only has a handful of years to be of any use to the GOP whatsoever. Ignoring legal peril and such Trump is old and he does not practice healthy habits that might guarentee he lasts another 10 years or so. Just from that perspective alone the stuff shirts should be working on Trump's replacement right now.

Then there is the legal peril and while I understand that many are justifiably doubtful of the legal system holding Trump accountable he's facing very different types of legal problems then the ones that earned him the nickname of Teflon Don. Also the Special Prosecutor Smith, at least so far, does not seem like the type to let Trump get away with his usual tactics.

Finally there is the fact that Trump only has one more term. Sure there are those hoping he'll do like Putin or Xi and make himself the Supreme ruler of the land for as long as he has left but that will take manuvering and destruction of the way our government works that I don't see the overwhelming majority of the population tolerating anything even remotely like that.

Because of all these things as weak and timid as the stuffed shirts are when it comes to Trump they need to be working with all due speed and effort of who will be their leader beyond Trump. If they don't the chances are better then not that they will be insuring the Democrats stay in control for a long time to come.
Nixon likely is dancing in his rotted spot in Hell for not having to have faced even a 1/4 of what the Donald is accused of. And Nixon had the foresight to resign. (Though G. Ford, another milquetoste shirt from way back, pardoned the SOB!!)

tRump doesn't get that option now. The only protection Trump has now is our multi-tiered sense of what equal protection under the law means when the rubber hits the pavement... and the fear of socio-political blowback within the Justice Sytem where his uber-demented followers are concerned... which, in part, drives that multi-tiered system of 'equal protections'.

St. Phatty

Nixon likely is dancing in his rotted spot in Hell for not having to have faced even a 1/4 of what the Donald is accused of. And Nixon had the foresight to resign. (Though G. Ford, another milquetoste shirt from way back, pardoned the SOB!!)

Nixon was One of the Truly Good Guys - like JFK.

Nixon was railroaded out of office because he was planning to stand up to the parts of the US government that do not work for the General Public.

and because he was trying to force Peace on the Parasites in Occupied Palestine.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've often said, "There were people out there that thought that Nixon was a good president" when speaking about why folks were still supporting Trump.

I've never actually believed it, but here we are!

That's a lovely White Supremacist website you've linked to, btw. Too scared to post up Stormfront's url?

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Even republicans who weren't in the gifted program are now figuring out what a shit bag the guy is.
Several of the loyalists here have quietly bowed out already.

The recent email dump will have many congressional groupies up to their asses in alligators.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Even republicans who weren't in the gifted program are now figuring out what a shit bag the guy is.
Several of the loyalists here have quietly bowed out already.

The recent email dump will have many congressional groupies up to their asses in alligators.
they knew what he was. but he was (as Bannon said) "the blunt instrument"...they needed to try to take the reins of govt. thank God they were a bunch of alarmingly incompetent tools with ambulance chasing lawyers advising them. they got their dreamed of majority on the SC, now they get to pay the piper. nobody is going to forget how those idiots got there, and the far-right "religious" fanatics who backed them. they set back religion two hundred years in the publics eyes...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Nixon was One of the Truly Good Guys - like JFK.

Nixon was railroaded out of office because he was planning to stand up to the parts of the US government that do not work for the General Public.

and because he was trying to force Peace on the Parasites in Occupied Palestine.

What made Nixon a good guy in your eyes?

Was it the part about the enemies list?

Abolishing the gold standard?

Wait, was it the war on drugs?

Nixon fucking resigned... he railroaded himself because he railroaded our nation.

He was a crook and betrayed the very cause of freedom and democracy.

Trump sucks even worse.

Nixon knew when to quit.

I don't know what kind of Kool Aid you have been into but I know what it looks like.

What part of the government is it that you are under the impression Nixon was planning on standing up to?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Birth control pills are next. I can't wait for the burkas.
was at hotel pool in Orlando one night.(sad story) family from Saudi Arabia came down to swim. fat guys in speedos, with possibly attractive (who knows?) ladies and teen girls in burkinis...:dunno:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
was at hotel pool in Orlando one night.(sad story) family from Saudi Arabia came down to swim. fat guys in speedos, with possibly attractive (who knows?) ladies and teen girls in burkinis..
I had an opportunity to work there for huge money. Thanks but no thanks.

Sad that's the direction we are going with "religion" trying to control government and morality cops telling women what to do with their bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.