What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is this the same "experts" that sto...were paid a LOT of money to investigate "election fraud" for the Arizona GOP? then refused to turn over their report until a lawsuit was threatened...by the CUSTOMER? :bigeye:
only the very best people...it's a good thing the far right is so comically incompetent at insurrections and court filings and the like

armedoldhippy

Veteran
only the very best people...it's a good thing the far right is so comically incompetent at insurrections and court filings and the like
you know, if i had that kind of money i would hire the very best legal help i could get...instead of the useless corner-cutting shysters they end up with. :chin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this^ is what your original [post looked like from MY "perspective". you used a very wide brush painting your picture. "us old folks" assumes a lot.

no, but it nearly always does, doesn't it? i'm done...:shucks:
Only if you take it that way, which I can't help. We all speak to our own perspectives. I can only speak to where I live and what I see here in Cali, it is a big brush lol. I didn't think someone would infer my perspective was there's. The price/cost to live in Cali is much higher than most states other than maybe NY. As soon as I'm able I'm out of this state. SSI is not well funded and is constantly attacked by REP.. Helping our own should be a top priority IMO. If we have billions to help other countries so we at least should have millions more to help our own. Passing measures to help other countries seems easy, but doing the latter is difficult. Every time the majority swaps to REP they threaten to take my retirement and my medical benefits.

This is Today..
WASHINGTON — Congressional Republicans, eyeing a midterm election victory have embraced plans to reduce federal spending on Social Security and Medicare, including cutting benefits for some retirees and raising the retirement age for both safety net programs. In fact, House Republican leadership publicly boasts that they are planning extreme tactics to force Social Security and Medicare cuts. They are threatening to force the United States into a potentially catastrophic default on payments it owes..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
If we have billions to help other countries so we at least should have millions more to help our own.
i agree wholeheartedly. and there are countries that we "aid" for reasons that are debatable at best, despicable/heinous at worst. we SHOULD be spending more on our own citizens. the GOP must have a strategy i don't understand, attacking Social Security & Medicare. maybe they are so popular that they can piss off even MORE committed voters ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
House Republican leadership publicly boasts that they are planning...
they have a TINY majority in the House. it won't take many GOP defections to kill anything that is going to cause trouble for the nation/economy. there are many things those asshats would LIKE to do, but they gotta walk a tightrope to get anyplace. that moron McCarthy will blow his two years in the spotlight trying to find red meat to toss to the dogs...

med4u

Veteran
f2e68745c5040662.jpg

Three Berries

they have a TINY majority in the House. it won't take many GOP defections to kill anything that is going to cause trouble for the nation/economy. there are many things those asshats would LIKE to do, but they gotta walk a tightrope to get anyplace. that moron McCarthy will blow his two years in the spotlight trying to find red meat to toss to the dogs...
Kind of like the Railroad strike busting law shoved though Congress. Obviously standing up for the working man........

The entire Congress for the most part are traitors to their oath in office for not doing anything about our open borders.

audiohi

Veteran
Kind of like the Railroad strike busting law shoved though Congress. Obviously standing up for the working man........

The entire Congress for the most part are traitors to their oath in office for not doing anything about our open borders.

Last time around the problem was that Biden wasn't doing enough.

Remember this?

...... there goes Christmas! :clock watch:
But wouldn't you love to see Biden force striking voters back to working abusive schedules?

You know... for the economy?

You're a union guy now, huh?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
How many billions? The US has sent way more than what their annual defense budget is. It's money laundering on a massive scale.
That's further evidence that they've been giving from reserves rather then allocating money to build new weapons to send. You do realize this is not just a freebie right? Everything they give will be documented and accounted for and at some future point the US will expect to be paid back either in cash or something of some value such as mineral rights, grain or something (I'm not sure exactly what resources that Ukraine has that would be of value to the US) It's essentially the same thing as the Lend-Lease Act which Roosevelt signed into law back in 1941 before we entered WWII and where we fronted equipment, oil, supplies and essentially whatever allied countries needed to have a chance at surviving war against Germany

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
you know, if i had that kind of money i would hire the very best legal help i could get...instead of the useless corner-cutting shysters they end up with. :chin:
Well keep in mind a lot of that is because the cases they try to hire "the very best" legal help for are so patently wrong on their face that no decent lawyer would risk his/her reputation and ability to keep practicing law regardless of the money being offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts