What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Before 'paraquat' there were high school auditoriums in 1968 filled with students learning that "marijuana" caused chromosome damage and made boys grow boobs.

Some things get passed along today.

h.h.

Veteran
Entertainment at its best.. We all went to every day on the green from 72 until they stopped having them. Every Rock band at some point went through Oakland Coliseum Stadium. They then switched to smaller venues at Shoreline Amphitheatre.

Kezar in ‘73 with Roy Harper, the Tubes, and Lee Micheals. Freaks got in free.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
See now this is exactly the sort of response I might expect from someone who claims to have trouble dealing with 2 paragraphs and likes to be argumentative. If you read my post that started this side topic I said, "Odd sense of entertainment there, I always thought of entertainment as being more like catching Pink Floyd live during their Dark Side of the Moon tour or catching Led Zeppelin in their final tour in America before John Bonham died, now that's entertainment!" which as we know ended in July of 1977. As demonstrated by this well known concert shirt that was sold widely during the event.
View attachment 18770514
I only mentioned John Bonham's death in 1980 because that essentially marked the end of the band and I was trying to give context to my age during their last tour (which was 17) since my reference to when I started smoking weed (age 11-12) was several years earlier. Oddly enough Zeppelin was planning another tour in America and was going to call it 1980's Part 1 but John Bonham unfortunately died 2 weeks after they announced the tour and so it was cancelled. I bet had they made that tour they would have remained relevant well into the 80's even among you younger skateboarding punk rocker types who liked fighting skin heads.

As for paraquat it's hard to say for sure if it actually happened or if it was just propaganda. I like to think that the vast majority heard the dire warnings and avoided any weed that was oddly gold in color ( much more gold then the popular Columbian Gold or Acapulco Gold going around at the time. I know in my area there was still plenty of weed going around that people smoked so it failed to stop people from smoking which would be the likely intent if it was just propaganda. Weed did become much harder to find immediately after the paraquat scare. Which started the drastic price hikes marijuana seen at the time which drove the prices way up due to supply and demand. Of course when those prices went up they didn't come back down when the supply finally returned a few years later. So in the end if the government did spray the plants with paraquat all they really succeeded in was to make marijuana more profitable then ever. The scarcity that followed also really fueled the rise of the now thriving grown in the USA market that helped enrich many that are now seen as gods on sites like these. Had they left it alone they might have had better results because the price point before paraquat was too low to make it worthwhile to smuggle. Given how good the coast guard and border police were getting at intercepting marijuana shipments. South of the border cartels were already cutting back on marijuana and getting more into cocaine and heroin because they could send out a much larger more profitable amount in the same number and size of export attempts such that even if they lost a few shipments it was still very profitable, more so then the bulkier and lighter shipments of weed. So whether real or just propaganda the whole paraquat chapter was just another failed skirmish in the war on Drugs.
Wow. Read it back to yourself. I’m not thinking you are in the best of shape. The bottom fell out somewhere and you fell with it.

Get some air. It’s been a long time since you rocked and rolled. Been a long been a long time….been a long lonely lonely lonely…..time

You’re only 5 yrs older than me…and a world apart still. It’s work keeping up on yourself….not letting it go to seed

B4B897BF-5603-4BF9-8E42-E99C334F8453.jpeg

9B29582F-9B88-4A4C-A02C-1D1BF441CCD5.jpeg
20EA9FF2-7E52-4766-8A82-F773ADB5D092.jpeg

…you’ll miss the symbolism in the photos and what I said

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Before 'paraquat' there were high school auditoriums in 1968 filled with students learning that "marijuana" caused chromosome damage and made boys grow boobs.

It’s science!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
the poor little thing wants to serve it in home confinement...don't you just ACHE for him, the way he has been mistreated and abused? nope, me neither... "into the gibbet, mate..." :pointlaug
He already weaseled out once. They will find more reasons to extend his 'quiet time'.

St. Phatty

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

So call your local Radio DJ and ask them if that applies to Moobs !

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Speaking of righteous, Did you know that you you constantly inject your 'always right' opinion on anything said here?

That, along with the look at me pot pics. Yeah we know, we all have been growing weed for a long time. You think we impressed - NOT.
….zzzzzzzz you’ve been dazed and confused so long it’s not true

BA1A8AB3-787E-413E-8072-6739510A799A.jpeg

You grow weed? Wow. Righteous dude! Like Nuremberg Trials. Hang’em !

* you are on a weed forum.

Am I right? Look at me!…being obvious

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Wow. Read it back to yourself. I’m not thinking you are in the best of shape. The bottom fell out somewhere and you fell with it.

Get some air. It’s been a long time since you rocked and rolled. Been a long been a long time….been a long lonely lonely lonely…..time

You’re only 5 yrs older than me…and a world apart still. It’s work keeping up on yourself….not letting it go to seed

…you’ll miss the symbolism in the photos and what I said
You know it's really kind of odd the way you insist you walk your own path and therefore are not part of the MAGA crowd and yet you routinely use their common yet ineffectual response technique of, deny, deny, deflect.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
You’re going to take it only one way. That’s what happens after you let old age catch up on you. Set in your views. Done expanding. Treading water. Nostalgia. Irrelevant.

* It’s why there’s such catering to senior citizen voters. They turn up and out. Dunkin’ Donuts.

Label Me!….even if I insisted on nothing

Fuck Trump!! (Something you’ll understand)

F7334CEF-62DA-44E6-9CBC-59BA04145875.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts