What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
….it’s almost…as if…there is a new reality series in the making. Draw up the contracts….we’ll put the first episode out on 06 Jan 2023. Spin it!

It is a phenomenon…the way a crass con man captivates and keeps his audience for decades…makes it to the high seat of the nation…mocks it…shits on it…and keeps right on going. And people keep eating from his hand. Emmy worthy.
Not really a phenomenon at this point. Trump is just being the same Trump he's been all his life. The only thing that is phenomenal about him is that he manages to keep finding suckers to believe in him. At this point in his life he has burned or fooled so many people that he should be out of fools to keep him going. Yet there they are, still believing him to be some great business man who they now think is the best President the United States ever had.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Not really a phenomenon at this point. Trumps just being the same Trump he's been all his life. The only thing that is phenomenal about him is that he manages to keep finding suckers to believe in him. At this point in his life he has burned or fooled so many people that he should be out of fools to keep him going. Yet there they are, still believing him to be some great business man who they now think is the best President the United States ever had.
….but he got the Left to cut their own noses off to spite their faces. Their senses of well being and entitlement have been dissolved. That’s what this thread represents.

You could definitely talk some of these people into going on witch hunts or firing up the ovens. Love and peace…science and education…the old liberal imagery looks like the lie it always was. In the end…it’s just a bunch of scared bitter children.

That’s the entertainment. The great revelation. The look in the mirror.

HempKat

Veteran
….but he got the Left to cut their own noses off to spite their faces. Their senses of well being and entitlement have been dissolved. That’s what this thread represents.

You could definitely talk some of these people into going on witch hunts or firing up the ovens. Love and peace…science and education…the old liberal imagery looks like the lie it always was. In the end…it’s just a bunch of scared bitter children.

That’s the entertainment. The great revelation.
Odd sense of entertainment there, I always thought of entertainment as being more like catching Pink Floyd live during their Dark Side of the Moon tour or catching Led Zeppelin in their final tour in America before John Bonham died, now that's entertainment!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Odd sense of entertainment there, I always thought of entertainment as being more like catching Pink Floyd live during their Dark Side of the Moon tour or catching Led Zeppelin in their final tour in America before John Bonham died, now that's entertainment!
my definition stretches further than yours, but that is a hell of a start! :good:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Then the Marines taught you the reality.

Good harvest.
The reality that the US government should stay out of the holy war. That all the bombs and bullets in the world will not end it. That…by design…it will continue forever.

When the natives of some of these countries yelled “Yankee go home” …I was like “no problem…I want to…fuck this shit hole and fuck you too”…Hearts and minds. Might makes right. Peace through superior fire power.
…. I came of age smoking herb (at 14 or 15) under Reagan. About the time Bonham died. By then….it was pigs (skateboards) and punk rock. Just Say No! was the anthem sold to us by the Christian Right…while the US was waging covert and proxy wars in central and South America. US Government sponsored genocide of indigenous people down in Guatemala…trickle down economics…the silent minority ….

We fought skinheads then. Not because of politics though…more simple…because they were dicks. Does that make me Antifa? Lol….people and their catchy labels. I prefer it punk. Nazi Punks Fuck Off

Now I’m an older person. I don’t want to fight anyone. I am a student of propaganda. That’s the entertainment.

* We had thunderstorms yesterday and last night. Some hail. Waiting for the sun to go check the garden for any damage. My War
72FF4BA0-C2F5-4711-9533-5918FF369F00.jpeg

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Entertainment at its best.. We all went to every day on the green from 72 until they stopped having them. Every Rock band at some point went through Oakland Coliseum Stadium. They then switched to smaller venues at Shoreline Amphitheatre.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Masters of Reality (pictures are worth a 1000 words)…very little to no damage…mop up a couple flowers…kill a few caterpillars…week 3 of October…push on

A06BE673-1FFD-484E-AA85-717EE49D4FB7.jpeg

F810AFAF-6956-4B9E-9B65-D64E0ED0FD4E.jpeg
B065BD23-8BDF-402B-BFA1-1A76BB7BA3A2.jpeg
5F3B0D99-71C5-47AB-A210-B50F70A2CD82.jpeg

Well I could have gone on but Jericho freaks out when I go above 2 paragraphs, so I was trying to be considerate. :biggrin:

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
…. I came of age smoking herb (at 14 or 15) under Reagan. About the time Bonham died. By then….it was pigs (skateboards) and punk rock. Just Say No! was the anthem sold to us by the Christian Right…while the US was waging covert and proxy wars in central and South America. US Government sponsored genocide of indigenous people down in Guatemala…trickle down economics…the silent minority ….

We fought skinheads then. Not because of politics though…more simple…because they were dicks. Does that make me Antifa? Lol….people and their catchy labels. I prefer it punk. Nazi Punks Fuck Off
I came of age smoking herb (at 11 or 12) under Nixon. When Bonham died in 1980 I was 20. I was aware of all the various things you mentioned but they didn't affect me much. I was focused mostly on Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. The draft was over by then so I didn't worry much about war, it was too late for me to just say no and about the only thing the Government did that worried me much back then was when they tried to end the "drug problem" in the US by spraying pot plants south of the border with paraquat. I was too far down the chain for any economics to trickle down to me, from my perspective there wasn't even a steady drip. I didn't hear much about the silent minority, maybe because they were silent, I do recall people referring to themselves as the silent majority but they seemed fairly chatty to me. Then there was also the moral majority but they didn't matter much because ironically they were neither the majority or moral at least not where I was living.

I didn't fight anyone back then everyone I knew was getting high and they were all pretty chill.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I came of age smoking herb (at 11 or 12) under Nixon. When Bonham died in 1980 I was 20. I was aware of all the various things you mentioned but they didn't affect me much. I was focused mostly on Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. The draft was over by then so I didn't worry much about war, it was too late for me to just say no and about the only thing the Government did that worried me much back then was when they tried to end the "drug problem" in the US by spraying pot plants south of the border with paraquat. I was too far down the chain for any economics to trickle down to me, from my perspective there wasn't even a steady drip. I didn't hear much about the silent minority, maybe because they were silent, I do recall people referring to themselves as the silent majority but they seemed fairly chatty to me. Then there was also the moral majority but they didn't matter much because ironically they were neither the majority or moral at least not where I was living.

I didn't fight anyone back then everyone I knew was getting high and they were all pretty chill.
Yup we came from different worlds. I’m 5 yrs younger…so bands like Zep were bloated dinosaurs by 1980. Jimmy and Bonham were so fucked up by then…and it was dated. It’s good the band ended when it did.

There’s few bootlegs of the ‘77 tour that are worth a shit. 70-75 was prime Zep. The 80’s would not have been good to them. And I’m a big fan.

You sure the spraying of paraquat was not propaganda? I remember that like urban legend. How would I know.

Most young people are all about sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll….it’s when they get old and beat down that they begin worrying about mortality and politics. Imagine being 20 yrs old and posting in this thread.

A1E28C72-0D68-44F9-B217-ED16CCB6A45B.png

‘77 Zep ripping. The drugs working.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
6 months in the can for Bannon.
That's a pretty good start while they put together the rest and throw away the key.
Exciting. A whole 6 months…if he’s actually sentenced. Is he?

The dog and pony show redux. Hold them accountable! Nazis.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
6 months in the can for Bannon.
That's a pretty good start while they put together the rest and throw away the key.
the poor little thing wants to serve it in home confinement...don't you just ACHE for him, the way he has been mistreated and abused? nope, me neither... "into the gibbet, mate..." :pointlaug

HempKat

Veteran
Yup we came from different worlds. I’m 5 yrs younger…so bands like Zep were bloated dinosaurs by 1980. Jimmy and Bonham were so fucked up by then…and it was dated. It’s good the band ended when it did.

There’s few bootlegs of the ‘77 tour that are worth a shit. 70-75 was prime Zep. The 80’s would not have been good to them. And I’m a big fan.

You sure the spraying of paraquat was not propaganda? I remember that like urban legend. How would I know.

Most young people are all about sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll….it’s when they get old and beat down that they begin worrying about mortality and politics. Imagine being 20 yrs old and posting in this thread.

‘77 Zep ripping. The drugs working.
See now this is exactly the sort of response I might expect from someone who claims to have trouble dealing with 2 paragraphs and likes to be argumentative. If you read my post that started this side topic I said, "Odd sense of entertainment there, I always thought of entertainment as being more like catching Pink Floyd live during their Dark Side of the Moon tour or catching Led Zeppelin in their final tour in America before John Bonham died, now that's entertainment!" which as we know ended in July of 1977. As demonstrated by this well known concert shirt that was sold widely during the event.
Zeppelin 77.jpg

I only mentioned John Bonham's death in 1980 because that essentially marked the end of the band and I was trying to give context to my age during their last tour (which was 17) since my reference to when I started smoking weed (age 11-12) was several years earlier. Oddly enough Zeppelin was planning another tour in America and was going to call it 1980's Part 1 but John Bonham unfortunately died 2 weeks after they announced the tour and so it was cancelled. I bet had they made that tour they would have remained relevant well into the 80's even among you younger skateboarding punk rocker types who liked fighting skin heads.

As for paraquat it's hard to say for sure if it actually happened or if it was just propaganda. I like to think that the vast majority heard the dire warnings and avoided any weed that was oddly gold in color ( much more gold then the popular Columbian Gold or Acapulco Gold going around at the time. I know in my area there was still plenty of weed going around that people smoked so it failed to stop people from smoking which would be the likely intent if it was just propaganda. Weed did become much harder to find immediately after the paraquat scare. Which started the drastic price hikes marijuana seen at the time which drove the prices way up due to supply and demand. Of course when those prices went up they didn't come back down when the supply finally returned a few years later. So in the end if the government did spray the plants with paraquat all they really succeeded in was to make marijuana more profitable then ever. The scarcity that followed also really fueled the rise of the now thriving grown in the USA market that helped enrich many that are now seen as gods on sites like these. Had they left it alone they might have had better results because the price point before paraquat was too low to make it worthwhile to smuggle. Given how good the coast guard and border police were getting at intercepting marijuana shipments. South of the border cartels were already cutting back on marijuana and getting more into cocaine and heroin because they could send out a much larger more profitable amount in the same number and size of export attempts such that even if they lost a few shipments it was still very profitable, more so then the bulkier and lighter shipments of weed. So whether real or just propaganda the whole paraquat chapter was just another failed skirmish in the war on Drugs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.