What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lost Tribes c99 at 2 weeks veg
lost 1 soldier so now it's 4 metal & 4 punch
C99 2 wks.jpeg

need4weed

Veteran
Agree. Post #1 has been updated throughout this endeavor.

There is no way BG c99 is pure, you can ask the others that ran it when it was released, most were fairly upset. Not the point.

The point was continuing to search and by sheer chance I found a thread on RIU I think regarding peak. I had already ran a couple of the peak, but the posts at RIU looked good enough for another try at it.

Maybe I got very lucky with the Punch mom. I have 2 or 3 packs left of the peak P1 stock but for now just looking through a couple of my selections from the F6 generation. I ran 1 single plant out from the F6 which most resembled the mom in veg and it turned out very very similar to the mom. I hope to flower out a couple more soon.

Thanks for everyone that has invested the time to run them. I actually prefer the longer stronger Thh99 to the pure c99 and hope to cross my mint99 to the C99Thh. Testing would show whether the C99 mom or sire proves more dominant. The Thh99 was mostly Thh with the scent coming from the c99 side and increased flowers, although the flowers themselves were still quite fluffy like the THH. The C99Thh in veg appear to be C99 dominant.
I really loved the c99 I picked up years ago from Fet. I outcrossed it to a 25 year old clone of ssh that a friend has been holding but I found it to be awful weed when crossed. Paranoid inducing and a complete lack of euphoria

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really loved the c99 I picked up years ago from Fet. I outcrossed it to a 25 year old clone of ssh that a friend has been holding but I found it to be awful weed when crossed. Paranoid inducing and a complete lack of euphoria
It’s funny you should say that 20 years ago I did a cross C99 times super silver haze the plants looked amazing incredibly fat but tasted like hay .. ???

LostTribe

Premium user
It’s funny you should say that 20 years ago I did a cross C99 times super silver haze the plants looked amazing incredibly fat but tasted like hay .. ???
Cindy would be a fantastic breeder if one could figure out how to select for flavor dominance. Of course they would need to begin with Peak Cindy as it is the only one I have found that still held some actual old school sweetness in it. Sure theres still the grapefruit and lesser plants mixed in, but I know from even minute testing that the fruit punch does pass on its flavor to the progeny. Either that mom was flavor dominant or the F5 pollen used was recessive. Maybe just a bit of luck added in.

I have a couple C99(Punch F6) x Thh(P1 males) that I am about to bloom in a couple weeks. They appear much more C99 dominant so far vs the LYLT aka Thh(mint) x C99(Peak F5 males). The LYLT is like Thh on steroids with the Thh root/spice/mint combined with a bit of the metal from cindy but mostly thh in flavor albeit with added girth, trichomes, potency and 12 week bloom max. I'd like to have that package only with the Punch flavor and I'd be set. Maybe it will come out with this next batch which used the Punch F6.

I have been using multiple males for these recent breeds as to maintain the highest amount a genetic adversity to the male side of the line as possible. I feel that the flavor profile of the c99 line is locked up by the male side of the line.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did a few crosses with her back then one with sour diesel and one with Mako Haze ..I do have pictures they were incredible

need4weed

Veteran
Yep, had little taste but tbf I didn't find c99 to be a tasty plant to begin with. Smooth to smoke, but not super tasty. It went from having a shit eating grin, enhanced visual and audio effects and just an overall feeling of well-being to curtain twitching and wanting to go out to the shed and pull my crop. Really didn't enjoy it and neither did anyone who tried it. But both strains on their own were fantastic. Both the Cindy and the cross done in 50 days max

cannaloop

The Punch.
I’m still searching….
Grown PSBC, Joey, FOG, and even running a Canuk fem C99 right now, which I doubt is pure C99 from the skunky smell and difficulty in cloning.
I will get back into my stash of PSBC after a break from finding boring to non existent smells and tastes so far.

Latest posts

Latest posts