What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Strengthen your faith day by day and month after month. Should you slacken in your resolve even a bit, devils will take advantage."

(On Persecutions Befalling the Sage - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 997) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, September 4th, 2006

G

PassTheDoobie said:
"Strengthen your faith day by day and month after month. Should you slacken in your resolve even a bit, devils will take advantage."

(On Persecutions Befalling the Sage - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 997) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, September 4th, 2006

Goshos for Friends;

Since I heard from you about Kyo'o, I have been praying....for her every moment of the day. Always cherish the Gohonzon that I gave you some time ago for her protection.... Believe in this mandala with all your heart. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion. What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?... Kyo'o's misfortune will change into fortune. Muster your faith, and pray to this Gohonzon. Then what is there that cannot be achieved? ("Reply to Kyo'o" P.412)

Worthy persons deserve to be called so because theya re not carried away by the eight winds: prosperity, decline, disgrace, honor, praise, censure, suffering and pleasure. They are neither elated by prosperity nor grieved by decline. The heavenly gods will surely protect one who is unbending before the eight winds.... Never conduct yourself in a shameful manner. Be unmoved by greed, by the desire for fame, or by anger. ("The Eight Winds" pp.794,796)

Finally for now:

One day of life is more valuable than all the treasures of the majoy world system, so first you must muster sincere faith.... A single life is worth more than the major world system. You still have many years ahead of you, and moreover you have encountered the Lotus Sutra. If you live even one day longer, you can accumulate that much more benefit. How truly precious your life is! ("On Prolonging One's Life Span," p.955)

After I read the Goshos last night for a while, I opened up the Lotus Sutra by Burton Watson and opened right upto the prose section of the LifeSpan Chapter, so I read the Life Span Chapter (Juryo) and then did gongyo and have to face many demons today but they were dulled! Its like their weapons were duller today! Thats a victory, someone tried to step on me at work, a senior partner told me regarding my convo. with the head honcho... "You know the Firm comes first..." I immediately interjected and said " Correction, I come first, does the firm feed me, drive me to work, pay my bills, help me help others, I do that myself thus I will always come first and the firm will have to settle for second at best." He had to agree and could no longer taunt me and try to enforce his power trip on me. Thus another great victory of which I am prepared for the ramifications in preparation for the greater victories! Arise Bodhisattvas of the Earth and be more diligent than ever, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As I have been saying for some time, in your situation as a lay believer, you should just single-mindedly chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo morning and evening, day and night, and observe what happens at the last moments of your life. At that time, hasten to the summit of perfect enlightenment, and look around you in all directions. The entire realm of phenomena will have changed into the Land of Tranquil Light. . . . Buddhas and bodhisattvas all being caressed by breezes of eternity, happiness, true self, and purity. We, too, will surely be among their numbers.

[ Reply to Matsuno, WND Page 843 ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What can one say???

What can one say???

easydisco said:
Arise Bodhisattvas of the Earth and be more diligent than ever, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Don't ya just love this fuckin guy?

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!

So much love to you all:

Lecture 20 - Happiness in This World

We Practice Faith To Become Truly Happy

We practice faith to fully enjoy life, to lead the happiest possible existence. The Gosho we will study this time, "Happiness in This World," (1) explains the "secret teaching" that makes this possible. It is a short letter, but it offers a complete exposition of the ultimate principles of faith. When we deeply understand this Gosho, we have internalized the secret of faith and of life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no greater happiness for human beings than chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. The sutra says, "The people there [in my land] are happy and at ease." (2) "Happy and at ease" here means the joy derived from the Law. You are obviously included among the "people," and "there" indicates the entire world, which includes Japan. "Happy and at ease" means to know that our lives --- both our bodies and minds, ourselves and our surroundings --- are the entities of ichinen sanzen and the Buddha of absolute freedom. There is no greater happiness than having faith in the Lotus Sutra. It promises us "peace and security in this life and good circumstances in the next." (3) Never let life 's hardships disturb you. After all, no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.

Just chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, and when you drink sake, stay at home with your wife. Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens. Then you will experience boundless joy from the Law. Strengthen your faith more than ever.

With my deep respect,
Nichiren

The twenty-seventh day of the sixth month in the second year of Kenji (1276) (The Major Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, vol. 1, pp. 161-62)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope all went well for our brother Bonzo!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

G

Daily Encouragement:

Rather than sitting around idly and rusting, we must act, give of ourselves and contribute something to the world. The French scholar Robert Arnauld (1588-1674) declared, "Have we not all eternity to rest in?" Why do you seek to rest while you are still alive? he asks. These are venerable words indeed. When young people make truly dedicated efforts, almost punishing themselves, their true brilliance will shine forth.

Lectures and articles about Nichiren Buddhism: http://sgi-usa.org/buddhism/

Bonzo

Veteran
Good mornin my friends!!!

WOW! LOTTA POWERFUL GOOD STUFF BENG POSTED!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!

I GOT MY GOHONZON LAST NIGHT!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

I chanted ALOT all day yesterday for everything to go smoothly and for not to get sidetracked and say "i can get it next week" or somethin like that.

and all went very smoothly allthough i did get a bit nervous here and there, nothing was going to stop me. We will be enshrining it on monday. I got alotta love and and more cool just insane enthusiasm from the people i know from the meetings ive attended and from lots of people i have never met before, these big monthly meetings are HEAVY my friends, 300 people chanting together .....IS POWERFULL SHIT MAN!!!! Gongyo is so power full to me, i get goose bumps and i feel that when i have it memorized and have STUDIED the actual meening of it that it will become even more powerfull. There was a guy sitting across from me just jammin' without reading it but man he was INTO IT!!! funny thing after the meeting i ran in to him, actually he ran into me , made it a point to congradulate me. I told him how his Gongyo was very inspiring to me, he has been chanting for over 40 years.

The trippiest thing is that when i got home i was'nt jumping for joy like a kid with a new bike, rather i was more in deep thought, best i can put it, i wondered why i felt this way for a couple hours. I finally came to the conlusion that to me, recieving my Gohonzon meant alot more than just gettin a peice of paper with some writing on it that i could chant to. It felt to me like now was the time to make the decision to either DO THIS THING WITH ALL MY HEART OR BACK THE FUCK OUT!!!!!

Once i realized that that decision was the cause of my mood a chose without hesitation to DO THIS THING!!!!!! i felt like i was leaving my old life behind. If that makes any sense. It also felt as sort of a homecoming in a way since NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO has been in my life from the age of 5 years old and my moms Gohonzon in a tall black and gold Butsudan was allways in our house even though i didnt chant or participate, it was allways there.

I know i have said this before but i am blessed just to be alive, me and my friends walked a fine line between life and death, literrally. Runnin and rippin through the streets of the big city like we were invincible, well lets just say we croossed that line alotta times and alot of my friends didnt make it back.

Why and how i managed to slip through is still a mystery to me.

Shit, im rambling, I guess what im trying to say is i want to be an asset to this beautifull world we live in and not a liability, a POSITIVE FORCE and not an outlet of NEGATIVITY, wallowing in self pitty and whining about the "bad hand i was dealt" in life, FUCK THAT thats the easy way out, and im not goin out like that. Im beginning to think i was dealt a ROYAL FLUSH in life and now is the time to play my hand.

This thread and EVERYONE that takes part in it have changed my life and i say that with the deepest, deepest grattitude from the bottom of my heart.

Well, im at a loss for words.........

Im off to Home Depot to get some wood to finish my Butsudan and maybe make a phone call and expediate the enshrining of my Gohonzon. WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

PEACE AND MY DEEPEST LOVE TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

bonz

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonz thanks so much for the best round of Gooosebumps!!
ive had in awhile. Your post is so moving and inspiring you brought tears of joy to both mrsB and my eyes. Thanks for such a great post!! So happy for you !!!
Going to an SGI picinic and you can be sure I will share your joy with everyone. Thanks again friend for a great post!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

G

TOTALLY TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTALLY TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonzo said:
This thread and EVERYONE that takes part in it have changed my life and i say that with the deepest, deepest grattitude from the bottom of my heart.

Well, im at a loss for words.........

Im off to Home Depot to get some wood to finish my Butsudan and maybe make a phone call and expediate the enshrining of my Gohonzon. WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

PEACE AND MY DEEPEST LOVE TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

bonz

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Welcome to the FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG HUG FOR YOU SIR! Now its 4 Gohonzon's from this thread, plus or minus the ones I am forgetting or on the way. BONZO, YES!!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS, this is most gratefully appreciated that you came back and told us all about it right away and yes I feel what Babba feels and what you feel and what Tom feels and what Always feels, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo IS THE ROAR OF THE LION!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:woohoo:

NOW we are gaining momentum and working full force towards Kosen-rufu and yes I agree we all have a Royal Flush with the Lotus Sutra and now you are reunited with Nichiren Daishonin! How great! As more 'obstacles' come along the way, they will just be further fuel for you powerful momentum and thus others in your environment are going to also realize the benefit as well. I will chant in appreciation for this now and for you mother to join you, and for Kosen-rufu to continue to be propagated!

Thank you Teacher, I have cried from the joy as a result of this! I pray everyday to come back and join you again in the Saha World world as we forge on with enough determination to move mountains and cure all illness in this world. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the answer, and as Bonz says Its always been within us!

Joyous day! Go out and make the best of it! :woohoo:

G

Went to the Beach Today with my wife and we chanted in the ocean for a while, she was nervous and I told her "Just Chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" She did and eventually came around and enjoyed herself then we went back to the cabana then to the pool and swam afterwards ate with everyone and had a nice afternoon.

I was thinking about all of us, especially Bonz (very proud and happy to be your brother! :woohoo: ), at the beach and how we are Ocean People and how Nichiren Daishonin came from a fishing village and how the Ocean is like a connection for Humanity since if there were no planes we could travel to all the continents on the Ocean and we are mostly made out of water which is what the ocean is. Although over the centuries we have mistreated the Ocean, I know through Kosen-rufu we will heal the world.

Gonna have my last doobie in a couple and just wanted to say "Hi there buddy". Peace :joint:

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
Bonz, Easy , Scegy, TreeHugger, DG, Gypsy , Marley, Pass, Hitman, Ganjalord,

EVERYONE HERE ....

Keep Up What Your Doing

hope everyones good ...
Another change for the better but I'll tell you when i have time ..

and for you ptd... NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
.... Dont let my or their opinions grind on you ...
You have 6 children your allowed to be tired DAMNIT¬!
Keep upholding the law with faith brother

Peace

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What can one say???

What can one say???

Bonzo said:
The trippiest thing is that when i got home i was'nt jumping for joy like a kid with a new bike, rather i was more in deep thought, best i can put it, i wondered why i felt this way for a couple hours. I finally came to the conlusion that to me, recieving my Gohonzon meant alot more than just gettin a peice of paper with some writing on it that i could chant to. It felt to me like now was the time to make the decision to either DO THIS THING WITH ALL MY HEART OR BACK THE FUCK OUT!!!!!

Once i realized that that decision was the cause of my mood a chose without hesitation to DO THIS THING!!!!!! i felt like i was leaving my old life behind. If that makes any sense. It also felt as sort of a homecoming in a way since NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO has been in my life from the age of 5 years old and my moms Gohonzon in a tall black and gold Butsudan was allways in our house even though i didnt chant or participate, it was allways there.

I know i have said this before but i am blessed just to be alive, me and my friends walked a fine line between life and death, literrally. Runnin and rippin through the streets of the big city like we were invincible, well lets just say we croossed that line alotta times and alot of my friends didnt make it back.

Why and how i managed to slip through is still a mystery to me.

Shit, im rambling, I guess what im trying to say is i want to be an asset to this beautifull world we live in and not a liability, a POSITIVE FORCE and not an outlet of NEGATIVITY, wallowing in self pitty and whining about the "bad hand i was dealt" in life, FUCK THAT thats the easy way out, and im not goin out like that. Im beginning to think i was dealt a ROYAL FLUSH in life and now is the time to play my hand.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What can one say???

What can one say???

Delta9-THC said:
EVERYONE HERE ....

Keep Up What Your Doing

hope everyones good ...
Another change for the better but I'll tell you when i have time ..

and for you ptd... NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

Keep upholding the law with faith brother

Peace

T :wave: (High everybody!)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More valuable than treasures in a storehouse are the treasures of the body, and the treasures of the heart are the most valuable of all. From the time you read this letter on, strive to accumulate the treasures of the heart!

[ The Three Kinds of Treasure, WND Page 851 ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you said that!

Glad you said that!

Silly dude! :pointlaug

I hope I don't strike you as being so superficial as to think that anything that has transpired here recently is in any way, shape, or form, of a magnitude that could change how much I love and respect all of you. Everyone that chants is a Bodhisattva of the Earth! I keep underscoring that fact! I consider everyone that chants to be a Buddha. Would it be a very good thing for me to disrespect or hold a grudge against a Buddha?

I don't think so, and I don't think I want to find out.

Believe it or not, I REALLY do believe that everything that happens to me is a reflection of me. It does no good to stop loving someone you love because of circumstances that just reflect your own karma. One will always see that error after it's too late.

To see it before this is the case, is a sign of wisdom; and that wisdom comes from the compassion towards one's own life that occurs everytime we ask to reveal our Buddha Natures--the actual process unfolding whenever we chant for any reason.

As I have said to you before, Delta, this is not the first lifetime our paths have crossed. You chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo proves that. I do love you! I think you were kidding, but never doubt that! It's real.

T

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Faith is the cause, and manifesting the life-state of Buddhahood is the effect. To engrave the causality for attaining Buddhahood deep in our lives, therefore, means to vanquish through faith the inner darkness that is the source of evil and misery, and to bring the rhythm of Myoho-renge-kyo, the inherent mystic truth, to pulse vibrantly in our lives. The life-state of Buddhahood is one that is perfectly in tune with this rhythm of Myoho-renge-kyo.

"Through chanting daimoku, the causality of Buddhahood comes to supplant the causality of negativity that has existed in our lives. And when we forge truly strong faith that is impervious to any attack of fundamental darkness or devilish functions, the causality for attaining Buddhahood takes root in the very core of our beings.

"Faith, therefore, is absolutely crucial. That’s why the Daishonin underscores the importance of having 'deep faith' in the principle that our lives are entities of the Mystic Law (WND, 4). Indeed, we find the Daishonin stressing the importance of faith throughout 'On Attaining Buddhahood in this Lifetime.' For instance, he writes: 'Summon up deep faith' (WND, 3), and 'Arouse deep faith' (WND, 4). He teaches that deepening our faith is the royal road to achieving enlightenment.

"The key to our enlightenment as ordinary people ultimately depends, therefore, on how deeply we can believe this truth—that, by manifesting the Mystic Law inherent within our lives, we can definitely attain Buddhahood."

SGI Newsletter No. 6956, LECTURES ON “ON ATTAINING BUDDHAHOOD IN THIS LIFETIME” <FINAL INSTALMENT>from the July 2006 issue of the Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkai study journal, translated Sep., 6th, 2006

Bonzo

Veteran
Good morning my friends!!!!!!!!

Thank you Babba!!!! :wave:

Thank you easy!!!!!! :wave:

Thank you Delta!!!! :wave:

Mrs Babba!!! very special thank you!!!!!!! :wave:

I love you Delta !!!!! :wave:

Big huge thank you to you T!!!!!!!!!!! You Shakubukued? me here bro and words cant describe my grattitude for that, and for the deep and true passion in which you pour into this thread!!!! I love you man!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was an emotional and VERY busy day, and i apologize for not responding but tears of joy were flowin and i just couldnt touch the keys without getting even more emotional!! Silly huh? :pointlaug

Shit im late, im GOIN' SURFIN'!!! iTS BEEN 4 MONTHS out of the ocean, not good for me, chanting for a good day no matter what the waves are like!

Gettin emotional! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it feels good!!!!!! :woohoo:

Hope you all have a truly inspiring day!!!!!!!!

Peace and and again my deepest love and huge ,giant thank you's to EVERYONE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WOOOOSH.......deep breathes

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

bonz

>>>>>>>>>nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
congratz bonzo! sounds like u had a really good time =]
Where do you surf at? im on the east coast ... so i only get good surfing in the summer time (OBX NC)
anyway just checking in.
nammyohorengekyo

Status
Not open for further replies.