What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

CBD Savior or Devil?

CBD Savior or Devil?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KiefSweat

Veteran
almost zero or not quantifiable? There's a difference between nd, .03 and even .3% If the same 10% plant your talking about is the one in literature then its only like 96.6% pure or whatever.

well there are multiple people in this thread who disagree with your statement that cbd sucks.

shit even a mutual friend we both have goes out his way to smoke my cbd gear. I don't think he's using it medically knowing how the dude just likes to get fucked up

personally i like cbd, it depends on the ratios as well, i've found about 25% overall cbd 75% thc as far as smoking is some of the strongest long lasting high you can find, its not easy to find a cut like that.
I've smoked some shitty cbd too, like the charlottesweb/r4, it tastes like a very genetic haze and the buzz isn't that great compared to other cbd lines but its still not bad but its better used for medicine then rolling hemp cigarettes

Radic

when you look at the cop reports, at first glance it seams the more you process cannabis the more the THC and CBD content want to equalize
or equal THC and CBD is what they were trying to produce cause the hashish is excellent quality
but after i saw the Morocco soils test results it seams the whole process from plant management to production processes all have a role to play.
most of the highest quality hashish all had a gov stamp and seal on it because they produce hashish for the army as part of their first aid kit back then...
the British did a similar thing with rum.

inho... 50:50 THC to CBD was used traditional herbal medicine

that is what Sativex is and i believe that is where they got that formula from,, testing traditional medicinal strains from India...
the strictly THC strains are a myth started by dodgy cop tests along with a complete media proper gander program designed to scare people away from consuming cannabis
nuff THC will cause hallucination ,, and that is a psychotic symptom, but it wares off with no permanent side effects so they lost again. haha.
high THC strains????
it's all about their failed program of trying to blame skunk for causing psychosis.

KiefSweat

Veteran
cannabis itself is an orphan drug, and they are currently limited to production which in an ever increasing legal world isn't that much in terms of supply. they where smart and got patent protection (not worth bitching about, its all legal and the proper way to do something)

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
almost zero or not quantifiable? There's a difference between nd, .03 and even .3% If the same 10% plant your talking about is the one in literature then its only like 96.6% pure or whatever.

It was below .3 % THC and legal to grow in the UK without a H.O. license.

well there are multiple people in this thread who disagree with your statement that cbd sucks.

I said it sucks for me....

shit even a mutual friend we both have goes out his way to smoke my cbd gear. I don't think he's using it medically knowing how the dude just likes to get fucked up

No problem, but I do not like it personally, I know CBD.

personally i like cbd, it depends on the ratios as well, i've found about 25% overall cbd 75% thc as far as smoking is some of the strongest long lasting high you can find, its not easy to find a cut like that.
I've smoked some shitty cbd too, like the charlottesweb/r4, it tastes like a very genetic haze and the buzz isn't that great compared to other cbd lines but its still not bad but its better used for medicine then rolling hemp cigarettes

Well THC is made longer lasting with CBD, as for stronger that is in the mind of the smoker, it does not for me. I like when the resin THC and terpenes are so strong that people around me turn white and pass out. I like resin so cerebral and clear and speedy that many people get paranoid, uncomfortable, and just way to high, psychedelic, euphoric, and it has no ceiling.
I do not want folks to get to high I want to smoke the kind of Cannabis that does that, and it does not have CBD. At least for me.
-SamS

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
….
-up and energized SamS
Because I do not smoke CBD, or WLD varieties with the wrong terpenes.
would you mind sharing with us which are the right Terpenes and which are the wrong for the high you enjoy?

how about strains? can you name several that possess
this buzz that you don't want to lose?

amannamedtruth

Veteran
IMHO, I feel that as long as there are proper breeders keeping things in line, it doesn't matter. If ganja can produce more CBD dominant plants than hemp per acre/ft^2, then this seems to be beneficial.

I'd hate to see the meditative and spiritual qualities of our beloved THC dominant herb be compromised. Once properly tied and linked, the mind and body bring peace to one another. I love this Peppermint flavored Hemp CBD oil.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
As I have posted many times I like Limonene, I don't really like what B-Myrcene, A&B-Pinene, Linalool, do to THC although they do make it stronger, in a way I do not like. B-Caryophyllene and Caryophyllene Oxide, Nerolidol, Phytol, Guiaol, Terpinol, do not make THC stronger. They may have minor modulation effects of THC.
Remember this was for recreational testing, not medical uses.
Alpha Bisabolol, Terpineol, Terpinolene, Gamma-Terpinene have been tested and found by others in NLD Haze and the like varieties and they suspect they improve THC the way I like. I do not know yet.

I know there are more terpenes that cause the effects I like, maybe in unique ratios or very small amounts, in unique combinations, but that was beyond my ability to try each ratio, as with just 120 terpenes at different ratios + THC that is millions of different possibilities. And some of the terpenes have not yet been identified.

The future is clear, we need to understand each and every one in every possible combination and ratios, with THC for recreational, and also with the other Cannabinoids for medical users.

I suspect we will find that even some of the terpenes we like have limits, meaning that in small amounts they help in large amounts they can cause problems for smokers. If you test a fresh bud for terpene content, the dry the bud for 2 weeks and test it again, then cure in a paper bag for a month or more and test it at each step you find that 90% of the mono terpenes are lost, yet we still love the taste and effects of the Cannabis, while some fresh live resin with higher terpene contents do bother my throat, I think it is some of the mono terpenes at higher levels that are bothering me?
The Volatile Oil Composition of Fresh and Air-Dried Buds of Cannabis sativa
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/np960004a

I like O Haze, Thai, S Indian, and the like.

Time will tell,
-SamS

would you mind sharing with us which are the right Terpenes and which are the wrong for the high you enjoy?

how about strains? can you name several that possess
this buzz that you don't want to lose?

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
As I have posted many times I like Limonene, I don't really like what B-Myrcene, A&B-Pinene, Linalool, do to THC although they do make it stronger, in a way I do not like. B-Caryophyllene and Caryophyllene Oxide, Nerolidol, Phytol, Guiaol, Terpinol, do not make THC stronger. They may have minor modulation effects of THC.
Remember this was for recreational testing, not medical uses.
Alpha Bisabolol, Terpineol, Terpinolene, Gamma-Terpinene have been tested and found by others in NLD Haze and the like varieties and they suspect they improve THC the way I like. I do not know yet.

I know there are more terpenes that cause the effects I like, maybe in unique ratios or very small amounts, in unique combinations, but that was beyond my ability to try each ratio, as with just 120 terpenes at different ratios + THC that is millions of different possibilities. And some of the terpenes have not yet been identified.

The future is clear, we need to understand each and every one in every possible combination and ratios, with THC for recreational, and also with the other Cannabinoids for medical users.

I suspect we will find that even some of the terpenes we like have limits, meaning that in small amounts they help in large amounts they can cause problems for smokers. If you test a fresh bud for terpene content, the dry the bud for 2 weeks and test it again, then cure in a paper bag for a month or more and test it at each step you find that 90% of the mono terpenes are lost, yet we still love the taste and effects of the Cannabis, while some fresh live resin with higher terpene contents do bother my throat, I think it is some of the mono terpenes at higher levels that are bothering me?

Time will tell,
-SamS

So limonene is the only terpene you can say that you like?

What about strains? Which ones are hitting the spot for you and do they contain anything common besides low CBD and lots of limonene?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
It took hundreds if not thousands of years for local farmers to remove all the CBD from Cannabis they grew/bred. This was done the old way trying each plant and by only saving the seeds of the best for future growing. It worked remarkably well many NLD types have little to no other Cannabinoids beside THC.
In the last decade everyone has jumped on the CBD bandwagon and thousands of folks are making hybrids with THC/CBD, they are in fact undoing the work that took a long time.
I have nothing against CBD for medical use but I do not want it in my recreational Cannabis. CBD delays onset of THC, reduces peak experiences, and makes the reduced effects last longer.
I think the whole CBD fad (like most non-medical CBD use) will end up screwing the Cannabis recreational drug genepool.
This is all ready happening in Labs, there used to be little CBD found in recreational varieties, now it is common to find .5-5% CBD in a lot of the newer recreational varieties, in a few years it will only get worse.
CBD should be kept out of recreational varieties, and it is not happeneing, the exact opposite is happening. CBD varieties should not be used for breeding to make seeds to be sold or given to non medical users, they will be used to make hybrids that enter the recreational market and genepool.
Next I expect some unthinking folks to take CBD rich varieties to the traditional Ganja areas, that will pollute the NLD genepool in any area they do this in.
I am happy to hear others views on the subject. It is obvious that CBD does help many patients, and some like it for recreational use to help control/modify high THC effects they don't like.
-SamS

Agree1000%..... cbd has its purpose as medicine to help sick ppl... i have no use for it n avoid it ... cbd can ruin a stoners day,,. I dont know for sure but it seems if i smoke cbd i can get high even with strong thc herb the rest of the day,,, n it sucks how ppl r polluting genetics with it.... it serves 0 purpose for a smoker. .. and 95% for medical. ... they really need to be kept 100% seperate....

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
So limonene is the only terpene you can say that you like?

What about strains? Which ones are hitting the spot for you and do they contain anything common besides low CBD and lots of limonene?

I like Skunk #1 resin, I do not smoke herbal Cannabis.
Also Tanjie, resin which is from a California Orange X Skunk #1 seed.
I like lots of flavor, lots of THC, and no CBD, and an up, clear high.
I do not really like most Kush, OG, WLD Indicas, to me they are physical stoney not high the way I like, cerebral.
-SamS

psyphish

Veteran
I guess I've never tried decent skunk genetics then (bad phenos, or growers?)... All the ones I've tried have only worked (stupid confused buzz and feeling lazy afterwards) for a few days and after that they just make me feel slow and groggy, unlike all the ACE sativas I've tried.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I don't smoke Skunk #1 herbal Cannabis, or any herbal Cannabis.
I only smoke dry sift resin, if I have it, I usually do. Skunk #1 is a mostly NLD, it is 25% WLD, but the Skunk#1 population was selfed for a decade and then clones selected for the taste, smell and high I liked as well as the progeny I liked. Also Skunk #1 as it breeds pretty true is maybe the most knocked off variety, where did the seeds come from that the skunk you have smoked was grown from? Maybe that is the difference?
-SamS

oldchuck

Veteran
As I recall one of the slogans that helped pass the groundbreaking 1998 California referendum that kicked off the whole legalization movement was, "All Cannabis use is medicinal." At the time I thought that was a pretty clever dodge to justify dope smoking. I have since changed my mind. All Cannabis use is medicinal even your limited, highly refined taste in weed, Sam. So now you are saying, "My way or the highway?"

I also recalled you saying somewhere in a post that you supplied GW pharm with the high CBD hybrids they are now working with in the hopes of making a killing in legal pharmaceutical Cannabis. So only GW or whomever they sell out to should be allowed to produce high CBD Cannabis products at rocket high prices?

Cannabis stops my epileptic seizures. A THC/CBD combination, even in low concentrations, works best. I grow my own medicine and pay damned little for it compared to FDA approved pharmaceuticals. I'll breed and grow whatever I damned well please. I couldn't care less how ripped you like to get. The Cannabis gene pool is vast enough to accommodate.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
As I recall one of the slogans that helped pass the groundbreaking 1998 California referendum that kicked off the whole legalization movement was, "All Cannabis use is medicinal." At the time I thought that was a pretty clever dodge to justify dope smoking. I have since changed my mind. All Cannabis use is medicinal even your limited, highly refined taste in weed, Sam. So now you are saying, "My way or the highway?"

No I did not, you did. And I never believed "all Cannabis use is medicinal" I see nothing wrong with just getting high with zero medical need at all. I respect yours and my old friend Dennis Peron's opinion but maybe you can do the same with me? BTW, it was the 1996 Pro 215.

I also recalled you saying somewhere in a post that you supplied GW pharm with the high CBD hybrids they are now working with in the hopes of making a killing in legal pharmaceutical Cannabis. So only GW or whomever they sell out to should be allowed to produce high CBD Cannabis products at rocket high prices?

When did I say that only GW should? You did.

Cannabis stops my epileptic seizures. A THC/CBD combination, even in low concentrations, works best. I grow my own medicine and pay damned little for it compared to FDA approved pharmaceuticals. I'll breed and grow whatever I damned well please. I couldn't care less how ripped you like to get. The Cannabis gene pool is vast enough to accommodate.

I am happy for you oldchuck, but why does it have to mean that your growing and breeding has to screw up the Cannabis THC drug genepool? Can't we have what you need and what is best for the Cannabis genepool both? I think we can and that is why I was the first to develop a high CBD only strain, to help bring Cannabis back into mainstream medicine. Maybe if you did also care a little more about others, even me, people would have more compassion for people with medical needs? You say: "I couldn't care less how ripped you like to get." And you expect people to care about you?
Gee wizz, you use my variety Finola that I developed and you make a CBD extract and still you do not care about me or how ripped I like to get?? Didn't my variety help you at all? I will care anyway as I know many many people that are being helped by CBD and they also share my concerns to preserve the THC drug genepool, the NLD drug genepool, etc, and are involved with Cannabis conservation efforts. It is not one or the other like you make it out. It is pretty easy to be helped by CBD, grow your own CBD, and also do what is best for drug Cannabis genepool if that is what you care about, it up to you....
The alternative is to see what happened in Mexico, Jamaica, Morocco, it is hard to impossible to find the original landraces from those areas, they all polluted with western genes brought by Westerners to help the locals. Is that really what we want? Not me!!
-SamS

Last edited:

OLDproLg

Veteran
Hello everyone,Sam!

i LOVE highs as you do SAM,but i have also
been realizing WHY lots of people need medical
high CBD or indica based strains/couch lockers....
reason,
many people are on pain pills,and even me here
for the last 2 and half years fucking round with a friend
teaching him guitar huh,my payment kind of!!
but,
from this use myself i have found out that the HAZES
do not go with the pain pills/opiates???

Or many sativa types,those are the ones you like for the highs
i know i love them also....(when i am clean,off opiates)they work
extremely well for being happy and healthy!!!

So i have been bio analyzing types you can say being both clean,
and on medications...

My next test will be to really see for my sisters lupus anemia
and joint pains (will the high CBD stuff really help)in all honesty
i will grow and use soon with reports of medical value of CBD?

i have many Limonene based strains,coming from your skunk
and haze lines but also using strait TOM HILL chunks i have tested
an amazing indica i have done with the best soaring highs you speak of!!

i miss my haze smoking,being clean and waking up with PURE ENERGY.
what a different life for those having to be on meds all the time?
just saying,i think i found reason for the couch lockers types most
folks want these days...

i am glad to read many replies about how CBD does HELP!!
i think we CAN keep them separated,just pure THC oldies
and new CBD rich types..

Great read SAM and friends..;)
lg

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sam, sounds like you particularly don't like how CBD mellows out your flying sativa (NLD) highs.... i get that
ever consider how CBD might influence the bud of a nice indica (WLD) buzz? still going to delay onset, reduce peak... but what ELSE in terms of a "buzz" feeling can it attribute in different genetic variations.

i knew you created finola, but was unaware that it was CBD rich.... around what percentages of CBD does it generally produce?

also... most importantly;
lets talk solutions to the "problem" you have presented.... or rather prevention to the possible scenario you have laid out. What CAN & SHOULD be done by growers, breeders, pollen chuckers and the like all do in order to "protect" the cannabis gene pool.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
"i think we CAN keep them separated"
Thanks, I know the value of CBD for patients and for folks that love recreational with CBD/THC, that is not the issue, I just want to keep the genepool intact, NLD, WLD, Hemp, high CBD all have their value, but that does not mean we have to take WLD seeds to every NLD traditional area, or take high CBD seeds to every NLD high THC area, that would be just foolish and short sighted. I know you agree.
-SamS

Hello everyone,Sam!

i LOVE highs as you do SAM,but i have also
been realizing WHY lots of people need medical
high CBD or indica based strains/couch lockers....
reason,
many people are on pain pills,and even me here
for the last 2 and half years fucking round with a friend
teaching him guitar huh,my payment kind of!!
but,
from this use myself i have found out that the HAZES
do not go with the pain pills/opiates???

Or many sativa types,those are the ones you like for the highs
i know i love them also....(when i am clean,off opiates)they work
extremely well for being happy and healthy!!!

So i have been bio analyzing types you can say being both clean,
and on medications...

My next test will be to really see for my sisters lupus anemia
and joint pains (will the high CBD stuff really help)in all honesty
i will grow and use soon with reports of medical value of CBD?

i have many Limonene based strains,coming from your skunk
and haze lines but also using strait TOM HILL chunks i have tested
an amazing indica i have done with the best soaring highs you speak of!!

i miss my haze smoking,being clean and waking up with PURE ENERGY.
what a different life for those having to be on meds all the time?
just saying,i think i found reason for the couch lockers types most
folks want these days...

i am glad to read many replies about how CBD does HELP!!
i think we CAN keep them separated,just pure THC oldies
and new CBD rich types..

Great read SAM and friends..;)
lg

Latest posts

Latest posts