What's new

BlueDigiBerry F2

too-dope

Glad to see these have drawn more interest in the forum since I first picked them up. I popped a whole pack. 10 out of 11 germinated and 9 broke ground. they are around 3 weeks from seed.
picture.php

picture.php

99problems

Ok a little update, out of the other 2 seeds I popped I got one male and one female , didn't have the space to keep the male so that one got thrown out , the male had a nice funky blueberry rubbery smell, my favourite smelling one so I saved a clone for when I got a bit more space so I can make some seeds.

The first bdb is now at 4 weeks of 12/12 and it's been stretching out quite a bit, looking really nice and is frosting up real nice and is getting quite stinky.
The other female is looking really nice too and is 2 weeks in flowering, smelling almost exactly the same with the burnt rubber smell.

I'll upload some pictures in the weekend !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds good 99 !

just keep a close eye on them whilst flowering. The blueberry genetics do have intersex traits and are quite environmentally sensitive so may throw nanners if they get a shock etc.

VG

99problems

Yeah keeping a close eye on everything in the tent at the moment due to running 4 plants from seed , so far so good!

And this is how it looks like right now, the smaller one is the second one I planted and it's shaped to exactly fit in the tent !
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a shot of my favourite part of the bigger bdb!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great, quite similar to the mum. Nice light green colour on the bottom pic shows you have a good nute balance.
respect !
VG

99problems

looking great, quite similar to the mum. Nice light green colour on the bottom pic shows you have a good nute balance.
respect !
VG

Thanks!

I'm going with the k.i.s.s method with only maxibloom and they seem to like it.

The bigger bdb isn't really packing on much weight yet but it's packing on alot of trichomes and buds are quite tall , think this one will take a while to finish.

Bdb 2 was put into the flowering tent 2 weeks later but from the looks of it right now I think it's going to finish ahead of the other bdb.
It didn't stretch as much as 1 but has plenty of budsites and is starting to pack on some weight.

Both of them are quite strong smelling , 1 still has the burnt rubber smell dominating and 2 smells burnt rubber and fruity in a "warm" way.

And unfortunately I have gotten some thrips in to the flowering tent, and they are loving the bdb2 unfortunately.

Since they're flowering o won't spray them with anything, I'm picking all leaves off that show any damage and putting some diatomaceous earth on the soil, hoping for the best.

Anjey

Hi all, sorry for the few updates, I will be running these again in the future...
We consider there to be strong blueberry smells and most all phenos, ranging from sweeter to more sour. I crushed a bunch of wild blueberries a couple weeks back, these ganjas really smell like blueberries. It's lovely, with some ethiopian natural process coffee strong blueberry notes we fantasize about.

The three top pictures are a from a particularly chunky pheno, who smells slightly more burnt rubber. To note - the soil wasn't great, I think the ph was off. Also I had some disasters in grow room aphids, thrips, powdery mildew. I can say that the blueberries have good to very good resistance to all of these things. I have 3 to save seed from that were pollinated with 3 boys, and I have clones, so I plan on working with this strain more in the future. I have a Red Sapphire green pheno from Ace that has excellent yield resin very strong resistance to harsh outdoor environment and a sort of faint sweet fruity clarity to its smell/taste. I think the blueberry crossed with this could be wonderful, and just working the line itself as an outdoor. Anyhow, thank you, we are very happy with them and lovely to be around their aromas. Only chopped this one in first pictures with fairly clear to cloudy trichomes, it is hanging now.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Again this one above is slightly more blueberry sour rubber, the one below is the most smelling like - blueberry.

picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Looking great guys!

Anjey, it's funny to read your thoughts on BDB paired with Red Sapphire because I just removed from soaking and placed into paper towels my last four BDB seeds - along with one Red Sapphire. :biggrin:

Since the first eight BDB I popped were all girls I don't have a lot of hope to find many girls, if any, but was also thinking a nice male might pair nicely with RS. Plus I am growing Schnazzelberry #2 right now which is a Blueberry hybrid. So might be worth chucking some pollen there too.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anjey thans for the write-up and pics, great to hear that you are getting plenty of blueberry smells... and that they are standing up to the little problems that life throws at them!
let us know how they smoke !

VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
picture.php

100% germination - as usual with VG's offerings. :tiphat:

picture.php

If somehow the odds are defied and there's a girl or two, I will share some pics.

Happy Growing!

99problems

Some nice looking plants there!

A little update, I have not been able to attend to the plants more then a quick watering during the last week and a half due to unexpected things happening and unfortunately bdb2 threw a few nanners in the top bud, another plant also threw 2 nanners in the bottom so apart from the few buds I pollinated with the bdb male I'm also getting some seeds from the accidental pollination.

Bdb1 is looking nice and frosty, 8 weeks 12/12 now and looks like is has another month or so to go.
It's a real stinker, buds are smelling like berry and leaves and stem is burnt rubber .

Bdb2 is 6 weeks 12/12 and has shorter and fatter buds that are turning a bit purple.
It has some purple trichs on it ,looking nice!
Less loud compared to 1 , smell is like a mix of blueberry and burnt rubber on this one .

99problems

picture.php
]
Bdb2 getting purple buds, 45 days 12/12.
Starting to smell more and more for every day, and the smell lingers in your nose for a long time!

Last edited: