What's new

BlueDigiBerry F2

oldbootz

Veteran
That burnt rubber smell is quite prolific when the digi is crossed with anything. There is a cut i passed out of BlueDigiBerry F2 x Black Cheese F1 that a lot of people think is the best cut in my area. The other two contenders are Jack Herer 2004 and Confidential Cheese original release.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fwiw - Chili_Berkster made the Digi Bx1 line and the Sour Bubble Bx2 male, he dubbed Arnold. Just to keep all the record straight and clear. Lot of different heads put time an passion into getting improved blueberry stock for others to enjoy. LITERALLY crossing oceans to pursue the best outcomes.

I always have a good chuckle when people figure out what BLUEBERRY cannabis smells like. It isn't a myth. There really are plants in the gene pool that smell this way.

Yes. It really is some what unbelievable. Wait until you smoke the flowers though. The taste SHOULD carry to the cure and into the smoke. So much so, people often think there is something in the oven, baking...with linger smoke in the air. Seriously.

The cannabinoid profile is also special in these genes. You'll see. :joint:

dank.Frank

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bootz, glad to hear those genetics are getting around!

thanks for the reminder frank - i guess it's in the thread already somewhere but its getting long now :)

Coughie, i'm working on that at the moment so stay tuned!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Early ‘00s I grew DP’s Blueberry. And I grew Reeferman’s version, but I didn’t find anything similar to this. Other than that, my only Blueberry experiences have been limited to hybrids, of which I have grown more than a few - even have some flowering now - and the closest was a pheno of Bubbleberry from Sag. Many of the other hybrids had great highs but only that one smelled and tasted of blueberries.

When dank.Frank said a stem rub would make it obvious, I still didn’t expect it to be so pronounced. Wish I could share it - why doesn’t someone just invent smell-o-vision already? :biggrin:

Huge props to all involved in making these genetics available! :respect: I only breezed through the thread before I bought these. Over the last two days I went back through and actually read the thread. Lots of great info. And sounds like the likelihood to find what I am most looking for from this line is very good — the euphoric effect.

That burnt rubber smell is quite prolific when the digi is crossed with anything. There is a cut i passed out of BlueDigiBerry F2 x Black Cheese F1 that a lot of people think is the best cut in my area. The other two contenders are Jack Herer 2004 and Confidential Cheese original release.

Thanks Bootz for the heads-up. Your Black & Blue Cheese creation sounds great! I will definitely collect pollen from any burnt rubber smelling males to chuck outside this line (and maybe within). Hell, it might be interesting to hit one of the WR x Pre-98 girls with such pollen. :)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell, it might be interesting to hit one of the WR x Pre-98 girls with such pollen. :)

In fact, you'd be VERY wise to do so. One of my all time favorite lines is White Rhino x Sour Bubble Bx3. You find a great sour bub leaning plant, and take that to VG's Rhino x Bubba - the 3-way potential for killer modern "kush" type plants is going be very good.

dank.Frank

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
In fact, you'd be VERY wise to do so. One of my all time favorite lines is White Rhino x Sour Bubble Bx3. You find a great sour bub leaning plant, and take that to VG's Rhino x Bubba - the 3-way potential for killer modern "kush" type plants is going be very good.

dank.Frank

Sold. It’s now on the to-do list. :)

#7 doesn’t smell as strongly of burnt rubber as #4, but it’s there. Still too early to say, but I think #4 is likely a girl and #7 a boy. #7 is also the one about which you said this:

If I had to guess, second pic, back left corner, with the over lapping leaves, is going to show some sour bubble traits.

Both #4 & #7 have the darkest leaves of the 8 plants. Not sure if that translates in the pictures or not, but they’re darker than the others. Wondering what you think of #7 with a little closer look, sour bub leaning?

#7:

picture.php

I was worried my soil mix might be too hot given the noted sensitivity of Blueberry but for the most part it seems only one plant might find it a bit too hot. Back row, middle plant in group shot.

Group shot, 6 days after up-potting:

picture.php

And #2 seems rather happy these days.

#2:

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what a great looking bunch of plants shmavis! it takes a good grower just as much as decent genetics to achieve that - so hats off to you :tiphat:

My Bb mother will foxtail forever when it has excess N but the plant itself is not that fussy. I think the more dense indica bud structure of the Digi side will moderate the foxtailing and i havent seen it so much in the BDB, which is a good improvement.

VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
It’s the genetics. But thanks just the same VG for the kind words. :)

These plants stink. I like that. I hadn’t expected this level of stink. I just finished looking at pre-flowers. I have two, #s 1 & 4, which were the slow to start plants, that I can’t make a call on. Pretty sure the other six are girls... seems like an awfully high ratio, so I’m hoping I’m not experiencing some inter-sex plants.

Will be cleaning them up, taking cuts, up-potting, and putting into flower this weekend. Here they are just before I inspected them:

picture.php

Greenthumber

These plants stink. I like that. I hadn’t expected this level of stink. I just finished looking at pre-flowers. I have two, #s 1 & 4, which were the slow to start plants, that I can’t make a call on. Pretty sure the other six are girls... seems like an awfully high ratio, so I’m hoping I’m not experiencing some inter-sex plants.

Will be cleaning them up, taking cuts, up-potting, and putting into flower this weekend. Here they are just before I inspected them:

View Image

Man buddy those are some seriously fine looking ladies right there!! I think I’m going to have to do test run of your mix side by side and see how I like it! I’m pretty excited to see what comes out of these! Kick it brother!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah that is a lot of girls! i dont think in general the ratios have been unusual.

looking great still

VG

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

View Image

Plants looking super healthy. :tiphat:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Man buddy those are some seriously fine looking ladies right there!! I think I’m going to have to do test run of your mix side by side and see how I like it! I’m pretty excited to see what comes out of these! Kick it brother!!

Thanks brother! You know I’ll share if I find anything special - just say the word. Would love to see you run a comparison. You know coco and soil. I haven’t got a clue when it comes to coco.

yeah that is a lot of girls! i dont think in general the ratios have been unusual.

looking great still

VG

Thanks VG!

Guess I got super lucky then. All eight are girls. LOL. Kinda sucks, I popped eight hoping for three or four girls and two or three males to choose. There go my plans for F3s.

Plants looking super healthy.

Thanks 40!

Here’s some quick shots at day 12 from flip. Haven’t had time to look them over closely like I should be. But will do that this weekend, as well as clean them up a bit. Hopefully no male parts to be found, or worse yet, pollen already dropped.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Miraculous Meds

:)
Thanks brother! You know I’ll share if I find anything special - just say the word. Would love to see you run a comparison. You know coco and soil. I haven’t got a clue when it comes to coco.

Thanks VG!

Guess I got super lucky then. All eight are girls. LOL. Kinda sucks, I popped eight hoping for three or four girls and two or three males to choose. There go my plans for F3s.

Thanks 40!

Here’s some quick shots at day 12 from flip. Haven’t had time to look them over closely like I should be. But will do that this weekend, as well as clean them up a bit. Hopefully no male parts to be found, or worse yet, pollen already dropped.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Looking on point!
You could end up with some pollen, it sure can travel a long ways.:)
My little ones are still a bit young, but in a few weeks, there might be a fella looking for some action.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
You could fem F3 them :) just saying

:) I need to read up and educate myself first. Have never done it, but it’s likely that I’ll try. Was already planning to try with a WR x Pre-98.

Looking on point!
You could end up with some pollen, it sure can travel a long ways.:)
My little ones are still a bit young, but in a few weeks, there might be a fella looking for some action.

I love options! Thank you sir. :tiphat:

#3 was my first favorite. And the one VG pegged as a male. I thought it would be too. It’s the only one to show variegated fan leaves. Not in veg, but in flower. The lower fan to the right shows the variegation. A couple others have it as well.

#3:

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great, really glad the big one didnt turn out to be male. yeah i guess you can choose your keepers and hope to come into some pollen from somewhere to make seeds from the keepers in another round.

with 8 girls though i would be surprised if you didnt come across some intersex traits amongst them.... so well worth having a good look at them at least once a week!

VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I looked them all over closely tonight. So far they all appear to be bona fide ladies. I will of course keep an eye on them. Maybe the remaining four beans are all boys - ha! So far they mostly seem to be doing good though, seem happy, and look nice. #4, which is the burnt rubber smelling one, is really standing out as of now. I’m digging her funk and look.

#4:

picture.php

#1 has surprised me with her lateral branching.

#1:

picture.php

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
beautiful plants. look for the female with the thinnest leafs and the dbl serrated teeth. Along with the burnt rubber ish smell. There might even be some skunk smells going on. These also do very well outdoors. Should be pretty fast to flower as well. Nice job!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for checking in chili! it's an honor :tiphat:

those shots are interesting shmavis, 4 is a stunner for sure, leaves look similar to my BB mum, and it looks like it was quite late to mature. the side-branching doesnt start to offset until about 3 nodes from the top, whereas no 1 is doing that way down, and is visibly further into flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts