What's new

BlueDigiBerry F2

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
beautiful plants. look for the female with the thinnest leafs and the dbl serrated teeth. Along with the burnt rubber ish smell. There might even be some skunk smells going on. These also do very well outdoors. Should be pretty fast to flower as well. Nice job!

Thanks Chili! Greatly appreciate the advice on what to look for. I do have one that smells more rubber/skunky instead of a burnt rubber smell. But it’s such an outlier in flower formation that I am wondering if I should be concerned. Double serrations appear on all but two plants and some have it more so than others.

Big up for your part in releasing the genetics out into the world! :respect:

thanks for checking in chili! it's an honor :tiphat:

those shots are interesting shmavis, 4 is a stunner for sure, leaves look similar to my BB mum, and it looks like it was quite late to mature. the side-branching doesnt start to offset until about 3 nodes from the top, whereas no 1 is doing that way down, and is visibly further into flower.

Hey VG, I really (mistakenly) thought that #1 would be more columnar in growth, like #4 is. They were the slower two of the bunch with #1 being slowest and most tightly stacked nodes. The branching has surprised me.

I love that I can share this experience and get insights in real time from those in the know! It means a lot. That said, I would love to hear thoughts on #8. I don’t, as of now, find male flowers on it, but it’s so different that I am wondering if it poses a threat? Or maybe it’s just more Thai influenced? It’s the plant I spoke of above, with a rubber/skunky smell. It's one of the taller plants and has the double serration going on. And newer leaf growth is showing possible deficiency/displeasure that I'm keeping an eye on.

#8:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmm. It bet it's going to be an 11-12wk'er that wants to get all sexy and foxtail out in long strands like VG's mommy. Could be a stunner!

dank.Frank

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hmm. It bet it's going to be an 11-12wk'er that wants to get all sexy and foxtail out in long strands like VG's mommy. Could be a stunner!

dank.Frank

Thanks so much Frank for the peace of mind! I have never experienced this look before and wondered if it’s a precursor to throwing a bunch of balls. She is acting a bit funny so hopefully I can get her back on track.

Thanks again.

they look lush! vg, I hope you release some more of these soon.

Thanks, siftedunity! So far I am very happy with how things are going.

I have established cuts of each, except #4. #4 may yet take hold - it was a small cut and didn’t show roots in the rapid rooter before I transplanted. Looks like I am starting to see some action though. I looked them over again tonight. Everything seems fine. I’ll wait a month or so before updating again. Hopefully I’ll be able to report back that there are no hermies. Grabbed some pics of #2 tonight.

#2 day 20:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey shmavis, yeah number 8 looks like a bit of an outlier, pheno-wise. Looks actually a bit more sativa than my BB mum, quite exciting. Huge pistils which to me look thai influenced... and an almost thai-haze-like growth habit showing in the early bud formation.

i sometimes find that, when budding plants are growing really quickly, the new growth can look a little deficient because the chlorophyll formation seems to lag behind and it takes slightly longer to 'fill in' the new growth.
That said it could be a slight deficiency or imbalance, but if so fairly minor so hopefully it wont develop into something worse.

number 2 looks like a beaut too! its that very 'fine' leaf form where the leaflets look paper-thin that is such a beautiful sight to behold.

VG

oldbootz

Veteran
Back in 2013 I found this extreme sativa pheno:
picture.php

picture.php

She is mixed with some other sibling plants but you can see the clear sativa branching and bud formation.

So there is some recessive in the background there. Unfortunately I didn't get to take her to full term because the plants were stressed (found out later that it was hemp russet mites) and she popped out some banana. That run didn't go too well so I put it down to stress.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
hey shmavis, yeah number 8 looks like a bit of an outlier, pheno-wise. Looks actually a bit more sativa than my BB mum, quite exciting. Huge pistils which to me look thai influenced... and an almost thai-haze-like growth habit showing in the early bud formation.

i sometimes find that, when budding plants are growing really quickly, the new growth can look a little deficient because the chlorophyll formation seems to lag behind and it takes slightly longer to 'fill in' the new growth.
That said it could be a slight deficiency or imbalance, but if so fairly minor so hopefully it wont develop into something worse.

number 2 looks like a beaut too! its that very 'fine' leaf form where the leaflets look paper-thin that is such a beautiful sight to behold.

VG

Thanks a lot VG! I have never grown Haze but have seen enough pics of it that I was thinking (hoping) that #8 is along those lines. I know what you mean about the “catching up”, and hope that’s all it is. It seems a bit different this time though, but then I don’t know what it would look like on a heavy sativa type. Many thanks for the pointers and insights!

Yeah, #2 is a sight to behold! In group, she stands out. I have some GF x BB pollen I am tempted to hit her with...something to think about before next weekend. But honestly, the majority of these are really good looking plants. #6 is a real good looker too.

Back in 2013 I found this extreme sativa pheno:
View Image
View Image

She is mixed with some other sibling plants but you can see the clear sativa branching and bud formation.

So there is some recessive in the background there. Unfortunately I didn't get to take her to full term because the plants were stressed (found out later that it was hemp russet mites) and she popped out some banana. That run didn't go too well so I put it down to stress.

Bummer Bootz that you weren’t able to finish her out. I am really curious about this girl now! Really appreciate you sharing that. :tiphat: Wasn’t sure if #8 was an outlier expression or a harbinger of intersex, lol.

Well, after spotting some frost already on #3...can’t resist sharing a couple more pics, even though I said I wouldn’t. :biggrin:

#3 day 21:

picture.php
picture.php

antheis

Veteran
...can’t resist sharing a couple more pics, even though I said I wouldn’t. :biggrin:

i doubt you'll hear any complaints. she's a beaut!

not getting bdb f2's is probably my biggest ragret of 2017 so post away so i can at least pretend i did.

if i had gfxbb pollen i'd hit some lowers of every one of those you had, but i'm also a pollen chucking fool.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
i doubt you'll hear any complaints. she's a beaut!

not getting bdb f2's is probably my biggest ragret of 2017 so post away so i can at least pretend i did.

if i had gfxbb pollen i'd hit some lowers of every one of those you had, but i'm also a pollen chucking fool.

I am a pollen chucker too. :biggrin:

#3 was the first to catch my eye. So I am excited about her! And I agree - she’s a beaut.

I made 200+ F2s of GF x BB with three different girls with the pollen from “Blue Boy” - what I called the male I chose from four GF x BB males. I also chucked to make (GF x SS) X (GF x BB) and got 57 beans — I’m thinking there’ll be some citrus explosions in there!

I’m not sure if the pollen is viable any longer, but worth a shot I suppose. And I think #3 in particular might pair well with him. Here’s Blue Boy:

picture.php

Not sure yet if I’ll hit them all... Because I am starting to think I might put other plans on hold and pick one of these BDBs to try to reverse to then hit them all...

Here's some pics of #7. She was the one that towered over the others in veg. Still struggling with what she smells like. I detect no blueberry smells, or skunk... if anything, a little sour smelling.

#7 day 23:

picture.php
picture.php

Let's hope for a restock so your 2017 regret doesn't carry over into 2018! :tiphat:

Miraculous Meds

Beautiful plants schmavis. For some reason, this is one of the threads where I cant give a positive rep to people, but well done!

I had to top my seedlings, cause of different growth rates, cause I started several varieties, being the strain slut I am. Shes got good vigor, that's for sure. Running her next to some other bb genetics too. I also have a small cut of dj's bb, and flo mother, my cocoa kush f2 keeper, my two farmers fire selections (cherry pie x bbf4), and a few original f13's. Id say the bdb has the most vigor of all those inbreeds and crosses. Oh I also have a few OgX x snoman, which I believe the male is 50% digi berry, same dad as bdb I think. I don't think any of the bkgk came up though.

I was checking thru my old Tupperware containers that I had my seed germ test in with sponges, and there was a bdb seed from 1/30 that had sprouted! 40 some days, that was a surprise to me.

I just flipped em, so ill get some pics up when I determine sex.

Greenthumber

I am a pollen chucker too. :biggrin:

#3 was the first to catch my eye. So I am excited about her! And I agree - she’s a beaut.

I made 200+ F2s of GF x BB with three different girls with the pollen from “Blue Boy” - what I called the male I chose from four GF x BB males. I also chucked to make (GF x SS) X (GF x BB) and got 57 beans — I’m thinking there’ll be some citrus explosions in there!

I’m not sure if the pollen is viable any longer, but worth a shot I suppose. And I think #3 in particular might pair well with him. Here’s Blue Boy:

View Image

Not sure yet if I’ll hit them all... Because I am starting to think I might put other plans on hold and pick one of these BDBs to try to reverse to then hit them all...

Here's some pics of #7. She was the one that towered over the others in veg. Still struggling with what she smells like. I detect no blueberry smells, or skunk... if anything, a little sour smelling.

#7 day 23:

View Image View Image

Let's hope for a restock so your 2017 regret doesn't carry over into 2018! :tiphat:

At a loss for words for how amazingly beautiful those girls are!!:peacock:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Beautiful plants schmavis. For some reason, this is one of the threads where I cant give a positive rep to people, but well done!

I had to top my seedlings, cause of different growth rates, cause I started several varieties, being the strain slut I am. Shes got good vigor, that's for sure. Running her next to some other bb genetics too. I also have a small cut of dj's bb, and flo mother, my cocoa kush f2 keeper, my two farmers fire selections (cherry pie x bbf4), and a few original f13's. Id say the bdb has the most vigor of all those inbreeds and crosses. Oh I also have a few OgX x snoman, which I believe the male is 50% digi berry, same dad as bdb I think. I don't think any of the bkgk came up though.

I was checking thru my old Tupperware containers that I had my seed germ test in with sponges, and there was a bdb seed from 1/30 that had sprouted! 40 some days, that was a surprise to me.

I just flipped em, so ill get some pics up when I determine sex.

Thanks MM! But it’s truly the genetics on show here. They are doing the heavy lifting. This is only my second run with no HID, so I am still learning to adapt. And I’m sure I won’t be able to showcase them like they deserve; but it’s looking pretty obvious that there’s potential for some real gems herein. And a grower who has their environment and method dialed-in could rock ‘em out. :tiphat:

I’ve long thought I’d like to try F13. It’s one of those on my someday list. That’s really interesting about the vigor in comparison to the others. I feel these have shown very respectable vigor for F2s. But I don’t have the blue comparison points you do. And what a Blue selection you’ve got on hand!

Damn! That would be a surprise. Did you give that one a chance?

Looking forward to seeing what you find and watching you rock ‘em!

At a loss for words for how amazingly beautiful those girls are!!:peacock:

Pick a favorite. Make some room in your room. And let’s see how it blows up under HPS in coco! :biggrin:

Gonna dust some tomorrow. Most likely #s 2,3,7 & 8. #8 just because she’s such a freak. Hopefully I get some seed to set. :)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
For Pretending:

For Pretending:

#6 is one of the slower shorter ones. Has some but not a lot of double serration showing. Thinner leaves, and she does smell rubber-like. Most similar looking to #2.

#6 day 27:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

She and #1 were lightly dusted tonight along with the other four mentioned before. Threw more pollen and was more particular with #s 2, 3, & 7. On a positive note, pollen collected from another male at the same time was still viable two weeks ago for a chuck...

Greenthumber

Now I won’t argue with that my friend! I’ll have to take a moment here to sift through the thread and check out what I think I’ll like best!!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Beautiful plants bro, they look as happy as they could be! Great job, will be a good smoke for sure! I made a good amount of seeds too with my bluedigiberry's... a few against Cabeca de Nega (brasilian sativa, was very vigorous and stinky) and some sunshine daydream from Bodhi, havent had the chance to grow them yet, but should be some interesting stuff in it.... its all about the pollen chuckin, IMo! I regret not making seeds in the past, now every grow gets polinated with the stud of choice, at least the lower popcorn nugs, usually give me around 100 seeds to play with and keep the genetic in the library! I also got a few bdb f2 seeds that will get popped soon and maybe some open pol to f3 to further explore the line...

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Beautiful plants bro, they look as happy as they could be! Great job, will be a good smoke for sure! I made a good amount of seeds too with my bluedigiberry's... a few against Cabeca de Nega (brasilian sativa, was very vigorous and stinky) and some sunshine daydream from Bodhi, havent had the chance to grow them yet, but should be some interesting stuff in it.... its all about the pollen chuckin, IMo! I regret not making seeds in the past, now every grow gets polinated with the stud of choice, at least the lower popcorn nugs, usually give me around 100 seeds to play with and keep the genetic in the library! I also got a few bdb f2 seeds that will get popped soon and maybe some open pol to f3 to further explore the line...

Thanks man! Those sound like some great crosses you made! Should be very interesting. I don’t keep mother plants so I agree that chucking is where it’s at. :) I do the same thing, just a lower branch or two. Having this many girls would be great if I were one to select a keeper. Was really looking forward to not only making F3s but also wanted to hit WR x Pre-98. Oh well. I plan on popping and exploring some Blue lines for a while. Next I was going to do an open pollination of Schnazzleberry #2 but now I think that will be shelved for a bit to see if I can make some seeds from these girls. Sounds like a great plan to op the remainder of your BDBs! :tiphat:

Samuel Caldwell

Beauties, Shmavis! Nice job! I ran these about 4+ years ago and your pix reminded me of how nice they were. You've inspired me to make another run!

My seeds weren't stored properly for awhile so I hope they pop. I tried a pack of Bubba s1's last fall and none germed. :frown: I cut and blended some fresh aloe in a couple cups of water. I'll soak them overnight and then the wait begins. Fingers crossed!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks, Samuel! They are indeed nice plants. After so many years with HID and flowering under no less than a 1000w and often at 1500w, it’s quite a change to be without HID and flowering under 420w of COBs. For the most part, the girls seem fine with it. But I can’t help wonder how different things would be the old way...

Really looking forward to how they finish and which one will end up being my favorite. I was so close to grabbing another pack of these with my last BR order - sure wish now that I would’ve! If these smoke especially nice, and I can make some seeds, I just might focus on exploring these genes exclusively for my next few cycles. Perhaps as a Blue-baseline.

Sending positive vibes and best wishes for your beans to pop! :ying:

Please keep us updated! (You too Budda Watcha!)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Thanks, Samuel! They are indeed nice plants. After so many years with HID and flowering under no less than a 1000w and often at 1500w, it’s quite a change to be without HID and flowering under 420w of COBs. For the most part, the girls seem fine with it. But I can’t help wonder how different things would be the old way...

Really looking forward to how they finish and which one will end up being my favorite. I was so close to grabbing another pack of these with my last BR order - sure wish now that I would’ve! If these smoke especially nice, and I can make some seeds, I just might focus on exploring these genes exclusively for my next few cycles. Perhaps as a Blue-baseline.

Sending positive vibes and best wishes for your beans to pop! :ying:

Please keep us updated! (You too Budda Watcha!)

Sure will brother, I hope you will enjoy the smoke, I though it was very good, nice sativa buzz with a deep berry musk flavor!

Latest posts

Latest posts