What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod58

hey rexy , mate , i haven't heard from ya for years !
yeah i've done the same , they're loaded with ticks generally but it depends whether i'm feeling neighborly or not . generally they just piss me off and they get a helping hand over the back fence !
how you going anyway ?

budsnblunts

Veteran
Things are looking good there rod. Have you found any of dogstars stuff to flower early? I found the gg x sb finished February here. I got a few seeds because a male sh x sb was next to her. This year i got a couple of good silver haze x Original Glue things. Hoping they will finish early.
Five weeks in the room here.
picture.php

I'm heading out the bush shortly hopefully have some good updates. Keep safe everyone. :tiphat:

rod58

looks real good bud . no , nothing flowered early at all , maybe this year .
got a few syrius mayhem happening though .
picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
A still growing Fake GG#4... :) LOL

and she still is very good plant.. to some folks i shared this cut its also a favorite smoke,
they dont let her out from their runs..

Budsnblunts,what you growin in a tent,is that those new strain??

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey ds i am growing five sh x fake gg4 things. Two different phenos of blueberry gum. Two affies and a g13 i think.

ozzieAI

Veteran
YAY...finally some rain...not a lot but a very good start...hoping it slows these fires down and gives some relief....

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Hope you all have your rain gutters in good repair, and are collecting all that free water in at least 1000 gallons worth of tanks,
in time for all that hot dry weather you have coming about 2 months from now!:biggrin:

I hate paying for water for the garden, whether it be payed to the water co-op, or for the electricity to pump it out of the well...

I'm lucky to have a little slope to my land...and with hoses, water always runs downhill, right to where I need it..

ozzieAI

Veteran
the rain seems to have set in here and it looks like we are in our usual monsoonal weather pattern for now. not getting big falls which is good as there is so much bare earth erosion and mudslides would be an issue...

gee it's nice to have cooler temps...and yes ted we can start to relax now...all fires locally have been down graded and several are out completely now...

parts of Eungella are devastated and the forest may take 100's of years to repair...

here is some footage taken by the RACQ rescue helicopter: https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/...idents/video/95622e13c7ee9fd6acbb970f8efa8ce0

rod58

100% correct oh sticky one . we in the southern hemisphere , or more precisely australia , don't get to see whats really happening within the ice caps and that which is affecting the whole world !
whether man made or not , it is happening !

budsnblunts

Veteran
Our spring here has been pretty much useless... summer time and the plants are acting strange but all slowly coming around to the inevitable. Mid summer it's goig to be dry and windy...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Have any of you Aussies or Kiwis ever been to the northern hemisphere?

When I spent a month fly fishing in NZ, one of the coolest things I saw was looking up at the night sky while I was out in the country...

All the stars were wrong!
Took me a few minutes to realize that I was looking out into the opposite side of the universe, which I had never seen before!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Have any of you Aussies or Kiwis ever been to the northern hemisphere?

When I spent a month fly fishing in NZ, one of the coolest things I saw was looking up at the night sky while I was out in the country...

All the stars were wrong!
Took me a few minutes to realize that I was looking out into the opposite side of the universe, which I had never seen before!

G `day BG

You can see the Southern Cross in New Zealand .
We can also see it in Oz . But we see an extra star in the constellation .
It is reflected in our flags . Oz flag has 1 more star .

Crossing the equator the stars change from nth Hemi to sth . Would of fcked over a lot of sailors back in the day .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

T

Teddybrae

Mates! It IS like Insomniac sez. Australia is somehow upside down!

The loss of the Eungella dry land scrub is a tragedy. Most lowland parts containing dry land scrub was cleared to grow cane and now there are only remnants on the coastal plain. There is a bird of these scrubs called the 'Hammer Bird'. it is a marten and sounds from the distance in the late evening just like someone driving 3' nails into a facia board! It is already threatened by the fox explosion.

There are/were Platypus at Eungella and I wonder if they'll survive the alkalinity of the ash that will wash into their habitat.

Bud, J and I have lots of tanks and a solar powered pump on a well so we have lots of water. BUT the horror story of 60-80k winds while temps are in the high 30s or 40's means it may be wise to have more storage. (We have a 'fire trailer'. it is a mobile tank and pump unit hooked to the tractor. But I am old and my lungs are fucked.)

Hey New Zealand guy ... thought you didn't get cyclones in your land. y'do now, don't ya?

Cheers All!

ozzieAI

Veteran
well we have had about 12 hrs of rain and it still is coming down...nice and cool here now..

hoping everyone stays safe....

had a friend fighting those Eungella fires and the pics he showed me are devastating...i never thought rain forest would burn the way it did...

Brother Nature

Damn guys, sorry to hear what's happening over the pond, hope all's well.

This thread is pretty great, never knew that about the flags Elmer, but had always wondered why Oz has one more, now I know.

Bud, that's one of the things I've still never gotten used to, that and the fact I can get sunburned over Christmas, still feels weird even after nearly 13 years, I miss white Christmas.

Teddy, lol yeah we've been having some crazy weather over here, we even had a small tornado at the shopping center near where I work. Not much damage, just hit the parking lot and fucked up some cars, but still weird to happen. In fact, I'm looking out the window and it's pissing rain down at the moment, supposed to be the start of summer.

Anyways, I got some good news. Was meant to start an outdoor grow with a mate on his new property, but he'd involved some people that I wasn't comfortable working with and neglected to advise me until they just showed up one day, so I ended up pulling out. Was a bummer, but I also was given the ok to have a small personal grow where I live, so I got myself some new toys. :)

The new toys being a brand new Cree CXB3590 and those blumats there :D. Those Cree COB's are fucking impressive and it's fairly easy to get the parts to put them together locally, makes it about $300 cheaper than the local hydro stores. Those plants should end up going outside soon enough too, even though it's a bit late. Am currently germinating some Chinese Yunnan and Panama DC seeds, hopefully they take as they're quite old now. Plan on running one of them in this as a scrog, have done the PDC scrog before but only had one of her seeds left so not too positive that one will sprout. Heard great things about the Yunnan though so hopefully those take.

Even got myself a little seed helper, doubt he'll be of any use though, pretty sure he's drunk all the time. Stay tuned for a journal, figure it's about time I contribute here.

:watchplant:

ozzieAI

Veteran
nice COB BN...how many watts?

man it's so wet here now i couldn't start a fire to save my life....and cool...last night had long pants, sleeves and SOCKS on...

Status
Not open for further replies.