What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah.....I recently discovered the Aussie sub-species called 'Bogan' when I was banged up with a few of them in Manila......good blokes mostly, if a little rough around the edges....

They had a good contact for some tasty meat pies, that's for sure.

rod58

hahahaaha , well anyway it certainly woke us up from our winter hibernation and produced a few laughs as well . once again the anzacs stood firm .lol

Brother Nature

e31.jpg

I also have to say, we're not all Ozzies my man. Some of us are dirty, clueless, inbred Kiwis. :moon:

Rumblefish

We love our Bogans some off them are National Treasures
@ Bud we get the odd pig thats about that big ,I know a young fella and his missus that hunt them with a dog and a big knife..brave or stupid Im not sure

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
let's cook some ribs tonight!...that's a big damn wild pig!

Bloody Hell!.....that is a HUGE PORKER!

I remember seeing this Aussie made film based in the outback somewhere called 'Razorback' years ago, kinda gave you a big respect for pigs/Boars because this massive Razorback was like a serial killer, and was bumping people off left, right and center, in the most gruesome way....he was faster and more dangerous than a big Croc..

Maybe he was taking revenge for all the slaughter man brings down on his species?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Ummm, delicious!

Let's throw a nice cut of prime Australian beef on the BBQ tonight!

Attachments

• Straya Steakx.jpg
    Straya Steakx.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 10
N

noyd666

most of it is fit fer meat pies, rest is gone usa.? nice shape bud. bit like abalone bud, never see it in the fish shop to buy.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
One morning driving up the track to the jungle patch ,
we noticed what looked like a big bull in the grass ,

as it stood up i was shocked to note it was a big boar ,
ive never seen anything even close to this size ,, an absolute beast ,

i used to think that one hanging off the side of the truck was huge ,
but theres bigger i can assure you ..

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
see that lifting gear on his truck, heavy duty for more big uns.

I was wondering if that guy did construction work, or was that just his hunting truck? What make and model of a truck is that anyway?

When I was in NZ, fishing in 1985, our Kiwi buddy Gordy called some mates of his while we stayed at his place in Wellington for a couple nights.. They wanted me and my buddy to come visit them when we got to their side of the country...Gordy told us they hunted big pigs with dogs and a knife. He told us their dogs would chase a big boar out of the bush and then bite the pig by the balls...He told us that made the pig sit down! Then his mates would come up behind the wild boar and slit its throat with their knife! My buddy and I realized that our new buddy's mates musta been half crazy!

Anyway, we didn't get the chance to meet them, but if we had, I'm sure it woulda been an exciting adventure!

rod58

early eighties i lived and worked in central new south wales and our favourite sport was hunting pig ..we used dogs and guns , a good selection back then , and we caught many hundreds but never anything that big ..two that came very close had been nutted earlier on which made them much larger . we caught them and let them go again , not as fiesty as the boars ..these days i'm into more gentler pursuits , fishing ! at least fish don't scare the bejesus out of ya ..and ya don't have to pack a handgun to protect yourself !! hahaha
in fact i've only just got back from a fish off the rocks , only got one ...:biggrin:
picture.php

Gnz

When I was in NZ, fishing in 1985, our Kiwi buddy Gordy called some mates of his while we stayed at his place in Wellington for a couple nights.. They wanted me and my buddy to come visit them when we got to their side of the country...Gordy told us they hunted big pigs with dogs and a knife. He told us their dogs would chase a big boar out of the bush and then bite the pig by the balls...He told us that made the pig sit down! Then his mates would come up behind the wild boar and slit its throat with their knife! My buddy and I realized that our new buddy's mates musta been half crazy!

It's not unusual here at all, I got my first pig at 15 with a .270 and with a knife at 19. A good team of dogs are the key either way. I figure a knife makes it more of a fair fight since the pig has two of em.

Some rural primary schools (5-10 years) in new zealand hold pig hunting competitions, for children.

Gnz

What you really want is dogs that go for the ears and throat rather than the balls too. Less dead dogs that way.

Attachments

• images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 7

Rumblefish

^^^ yup thems the dogs ya want ,was down the creek last month taking some pics and I heard and caught a clips of a big Boer..photo opportunity I thought ,for about half a second,I tippy toed of and got my arse through the pig proof fence real fast ,hunters are welcome on my property ,damn pig trash the joint, I used to have a lot of Maremma dogs now their gone the pigs have moved in ..Gnz ..Props man:tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.