What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Star

Veteran
Are this are Pit Bulls on picture?

They could be good breed for pig hunting,they are not afraid of anything...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Over here in Pommieland, in suburban London, it's the Foxes that seem to have infiltrated the urban environment to the extent that I can't go for a walk in the evening without coming across a fox, crafty buggers, they drive my brothers Labrador crazy, she just wants to hunt them.

Then there is the bright green Parakeets that I have noticed, must have been a bunch that somehow got free, and now they are breeding like rabbits..

Overall it's bloody lovely seeing some nature out there, apples on the trees and the river at the end of my road..

H

hard rain

Over here in Pommieland, in suburban London, it's the Foxes that seem to have infiltrated the urban environment to the extent that I can't go for a walk in the evening without coming across a fox, crafty buggers, they drive my brothers Labrador crazy, she just wants to hunt them.

Then there is the bright green Parakeets that I have noticed, must have been a bunch that somehow got free, and now they are breeding like rabbits..

Overall it's bloody lovely seeing some nature out there, apples on the trees and the river at the end of my road..
Due to working shift work and leading a nocturnal lifestyle for a number of years, I have seen foxes in the middle of Sydney and Brisbane. They certainly aren't called cunning without a reason. They are survivors. Still amazing to think they are living all around people without them being aware.

Interesting that you've seen parakeets in the middle of London? I see mostly pidgeons in the city. Out where I live the most striking bird we see rainbow lorikeets, which are quite spectacular.

In Australia feral animals are a huge problem for native animals and have been responsible for many extinctions of bird and mammal. We've got pigs, foxes, wild dogs, goats, buffalo, camels, cats, rabbits, rats, birds, and many more that I can't think of now.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah....I don't think the Parakeets are indigenous to my local area, someone said that they were making a movie somewhere closeby (maybe Shepperton Studios?), and needed Parakeets for some scene in the film, which they imported from Oz or some tropical area, then they managed to escape and breed...

When I was a kid there were loads of sparrows and hedge-hogs around, don't see many, or any of them about lately.

Gnz

Are this are Pit Bulls on picture?

They could be good breed for pig hunting,they are not afraid of anything...

Pit bulls are good but need to be crossed with something larger, every second pig hunting mongrel down here is part red nose.
Those are mastiff crosses in the photo, quick solid dogs. I don't even hunt pigs anymore but currently have four mastiff/short hair lab/Ridgeback crosses, smallest one is 40kg and the largest is 48, great dogs and friendlier than my German Shepherd.

N

noyd666

JUST WATCHING LAST NIGHTS 60 MIN. ABOUT THE COUPLE THAT DONATED 34 MILLION TO CANNA RESEARCH TO SYDNEY UNY. NICE TO SEE THAT 4 YEAR OLD DOING WELL . BE NICE TO VOTE FOR SOME YOUNGER FORWARD THINKING PEEPS INSTEAD OF THESE FUK"N LAWYER MILLIONAIR BASTARDS. THAT WAS A BIG PADDOCK OF CANNA lol.

OvergrowingKiwi

Sup Gypsy! :tiphat: Still rocking those fine stash boxes from the logo comp :)

Just chiming in here. Lost a close friend in a shocking tragedy and he was also a member on here so it's been tough to log on and see our PMs and threads. It was also dishearting to hear about Gypsy's troubles. I love this community and it's great to see not much has changed :) Looking forward to the bright future! Respect to you all!

Dog Star

Veteran
You dont need some special experience for autos as they are easier to grow
and will flower no matter on hours of a day light..

Good thing for them is to start them in a small cup until you sees sex and later repoting in 10-15 litter of soil mix to finish their flowering.

Brother Nature

Hey budsandblunts, I personally had a good year and a bit with some auto flowering girls. They were great for situations when subtlety was in in great demand. Some can produce a fair amount outside without a whole lot of attention, (nothing like a proper plant though), but they certainly have their place. In the end, lower quality bud is still better than no bud :biggrin:. In saying all that though, my experiences were a good 4-5 years ago, so I'd like to think they've only gotten better in that time. Lowryder and Mdanzig were good brands back then, but I'd imagine this site would have more than enough information for you to find the best strain for your needs. Good luck my man, the best teacher is experience.

Gnz

I've got a buddy a bit north of you about to put some autos outside too, I've been thinking about throwing a couple of small ones in the veg cab.

Jump on the auto forum and see if you can find anyone having success with them outside, I think there's probably better options for your situation yield wise though.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65606

You've had no problem buying seeds?

budsnblunts

Veteran
Thanks man. Just keen to have a muck around with them. I won some in a competition and they come through no problem. 3 different times too.

rod58

hey buds , i've got a few auto's as well , bought them mistakenly ...read the whole ad !! anyway , gorilla glue's and some other freebies they threw in ..
thought i'd put them in about mid summer in a nice wet spot and see what happens ..and they certainly weren't cheap so i guess i need a bit of knowledge as well .

Dion

You dont need some special experience for autos as they are easier to grow
and will flower no matter on hours of a day light..

Good thing for them is to start them in a small cup until you sees sex and later repoting in 10-15 litter of soil mix to finish their flowering.

not to be a dick but I'd advise against that

for autos the most important part is the veg, they r best when planted into their final pot, also try not to over water them in a big pot so they don't stunt.

once they are 3 weeks old and haven't been stunted then you just sit back and wait for them to finish

if they stunt you get a little 30cm tall plant with minimal bud

they go nicely in the winter un QLD

:tiphat:

4tokin

I picked up a couple of packs of autos for this years outdoor season.
I like the idea of the short season. That way I can be harvested and dry before the tourists and tin birds arrive.

ClarkGrizz

Looking forward to getting them into the ground in a few weeks.. Still cold here but sun is shinning during the days, so should be good come couple weeks into October... Blue cheese pennywise x snoops sour diesel and purple paralysis...

rod58

another 35ml of rain last night ..some serious winds with it , heading your way noydy ..
great to see though , finally . creeks are all running and the lakes are full , i'm hunkered down inside with the fire roaring and some lamb shanks slow cooking in the oven , beer fridge is outside though ..looks like the old girl is going to get cold ..:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.