What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

burmese

i find a place only in my small community garden //nonlegal//
picture.php

mozambique poison x midnight express auto 25.4.keept germinating outdoor 50N, 4-5 days later pop, these are 10-12days old

burmese

and one of them // shortest pheno// yesterday
picture.php

repot to 3-8 liters under roof window 0,6 x 2m,,,, next week there were stunted because shaded with white geo textil on window and they need more light, so keep textil down, keep em tea from nettle and this is like 10 days later and better //27 days veg//

burmese

yesterday photo 45 days veg, //closest on photo is shortest pheno with sativa leafs, topped right before photo// 4 plants behind topped before 9 days,
picture.php

smoked tops 0,1g and become very clearheaded, psychoactive and happy and first half hour up to hour little racy, but classic sativa because she then change your perception little for alll day,, love africans hybrids also for their constant grow everytime

W

Water-

Coffee Bay, Transkei

male plant 2015

blue/green

edit 2019 -- DP Durban Poison X Coffee Bay f3

Last edited:
W

Water-

Interesting paper on genetic variation within Africa.
Pretty cool that they are starting to recognize specific Alleles.
Next step will be to understand what those Alleles do.
Or what the absence of an Allele can do to alter the effects of the plant.

Genetic Evidence for Speciation in Cannabis (Cannabaceae)

https://www.researchgate.net/public...idence_for_Speciation_in_Cannabis_Cannabaceae

The narrow-leafleted drug accessions are rela-tively devoid of genetic variation, compared to the other conceptual groups recognized in this study. Even so, geographic patterns of geneticvariation are apparent within this group. The 12African accessions are from three regions: westernAfrica (Nigeria, Gambia, Sierra Leone), east-central Africa (Uganda) and southern Africa (SouthAfrica, Swaziland, Lesotho, Zimbabwe). Sample populations of the two Ugandan accessions(Ug-1, Ug-2) consisted entirely of monoeciousplants devoid of detectable allozyme variation. The position of these two accessions on the PC scatterplot represents a region of low genetic variation,with drug accessions from southern Africa and Southeast Asia situated nearby. A rare allele(SKDH-A) was found in all seven southern African accessions, but in only two other acces-sions, from Nigeria and Colombia. For the African accessions, an allele (SKDH-C) that was commonlyfound in most other accessions was not detected.

The wide-leafleted drug accessions from Afghanistan and Pakistan (Af-1 thru Af-10, Pk-1)cluster with the other accessions assigned to the indica gene pool. Allele HK-B was found in nineof the 11 wide-leafleted drug accessions, and in a fewhemp accessions from China and South Korea, butnot in any of the narrow-leafleted drug accession or feral indica accessions. HK-B is common in the sativa gene pool, being found in 60 of the 89 acces-sions assigned to that group. However, severalother alleles that are common in the sativa genepool (ACN1-F, LAP1-B, 6PGD2-A, PGM-B,TPI1-A, UNK-C) were rare or undetected in the wide-leafleted drug accession"

ahortator

Veteran
Hi. Say goodbye to Congolese landraces.

In no time most weed there will be those tweeny weeny hybrids, just as it has happened in Mexico, Jamaica, Colombia... Some time later it will be impossible to get any decent landrace there.

In the best case you will need to go deep into the country and those dangerous jungles to get something decent. So forget to get good NLD seeds if you visit Kinshasa or any city.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagra...n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com

arjanstrainhunter

Good morning from Congo
Worlds most Amazing place for breeding
No pollution completely pure land and always on 12/12
This gives us the opportunity to grow all year around outside and create new varieties
Only possible on this large scale in Congo even during the rain season now from 10 okt to 5 jan
We have different valleys all with distances from each other so we can work on many varieties at the same time
Creating new medicine for the local and world population In this field we are crossing worlds most awarded Plant super lemon haze with 200 other varieties and phenos including all USA famous strains Preparing 4.0 new generation
Greenhouseseeds is shaping the future and will bombard the world with new seeds
We are working hard to create a better future for this world with our amazing plant
Thx to Canada and USA we are winning worlds most important war
The war that gives us access to our most important medicine
Wich I consider our human right to have access to this plant
Our fight continues
Stay positive and for all put some off your energy in being active in your local community
The fight is not over
Have a great Sunday
K.O.C

25-11-2018 09:45:47

What a shame! :cry:

I don't know if posting the link to the web would be considered spam. So I don't do it.

Miasa Mura

Just started to light dep a Swazi Gold, super lanky plant! Reminds me of a green dragon.

Attachments

• 88F985B1-5956-4E35-83D3-6E1391933D1B.jpg
    88F985B1-5956-4E35-83D3-6E1391933D1B.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 21

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Hi. Say goodbye to Congolese landraces.

In no time most weed there will be those tweeny weeny hybrids, just as it has happened in Mexico, Jamaica, Colombia... Some time later it will be impossible to get any decent landrace there.

In the best case you will need to go deep into the country and those dangerous jungles to get something decent. So forget to get good NLD seeds if you visit Kinshasa or any city.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagra...n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com

What a shame! :cry:

I don't know if posting the link to the web would be considered spam. So I don't do it.

Wow. Seems like arjan is messing up what's left of an untainted genepool, but he won't get what he's looking for.:moon: I'm sure he wants whatever the pygmies have. But he isn't the first, and sure won't be the last, foreign dirtbag to come looking for the congo's riches

festerous

Veteran
Wow. Seems like arjan is messing up what's left of an untainted genepool, but he won't get what he's looking for.:moon: I'm sure he wants whatever the pygmies have. But he isn't the first, and sure won't be the last, foreign dirtbag to come looking for the congo's riches

If the Congo had riches it would have a bank and a Starbucks on every corner.
The Pygmies are probably smoking a derivative of Sam's skunk just like the rest of us.
The naked people that I saw in National Geographic circa 1980 are now my neighbors.
African weed is not African.
Arjan is not trying to steal from the little people.
The wizard of of Oz does not exist.
Wake up and smell the tree of heaven.
It smells like a peanut butter cup.

oldbootz

Veteran
The Pygmies are probably smoking a derivative of Sam's skunk just like the rest of us.
The naked people that I saw in National Geographic circa 1980 are now my neighbors.
African weed is not African.
Arjan is not trying to steal from the little people.
The wizard of of Oz does not exist.
Wake up and smell the tree of heaven.
It smells like a peanut butter cup.

Since you seem to know so much, did you go looking yourself? Do you have any experience with Africans? Have you even tried some seedbank versions of popular things like Malawi? Because I did and there are definitely some pure Africans left. For example the plants seen in the congo video from GHSC are real pure Africans. I know this because I can identify their morphology after working with a lot of African plants.

therevverend

Veteran

Eh, well, it's a couple weeks old and I could let it go but it's too silly not too comment on. I wish Arjan were Belgian then it would be perfect but close enough.

The idea that Africa in general, the Congo specifically, is poor, is wrong. Africa was the richest place on earth, still has vast amounts of natural resources. Labor, mineral, oil, timber, cash crops, everything you could possibly want. It has and still is being exploited by foreigners who are stealing. The only thing they give back to Africa is weapons and training how to use them. The pygmies mentioned above are fighting a horrible civil war, massacring civilians and each other, trying to wrest control of their rain forest home from outsiders but in the process it's being destroyed. In these kind of conflicts there isn't a good and bad side, it's all bad.

The nation of Belgium was built up into the 20th century with wealth plundered from the Congo, which was ruled as the emperor of Belgium's personal fife and bank account.

The places where the Starbucks and the banks are have no wealth. They have pieces of paper saying the people in Africa owe them billions of dollars. I recommend doing some research into the history of the Congo, look at the leaders in the countries in Africa that produce oil, diamonds, and other valuable shit. Look at the relationships between the US, the EU, China, and Africa. Learn some shit then we can talk about Africa intelligently.

And to halt the slide into irrelevance, cannabis and cannabis strains have been one more commodity to be extracted.

xxPeacePipexx

I have grown imported Malawi Gold indoors as well as Snowhighs Black Magic taken to F2 . Even in Snowhighs work you will really want to run a lot of numbers if are looking for something that really stands out, same thing with the imported Malawi which I had little patience with indoors due to low yielding long flowering plants which is expected. I ended up working with the pollen and a few select Malawi females and I have been working on retaining the best of the Malawi Gold traits and now have 12 week hybrids that I am very happy with in comparison with the stock I began with from Mulberry Seeds. Same ones were sold under Holy Smoke years ago..

doams

two last rounds got small hard purple! indica buds from dp durban nothing like the usual durban with big colas guess its the luck the yield sux but they were both untopped just bend over the smoke is not bad its just that buds are small hard and purple! and yield suck maybe different pheno mixed into production but not all seeds produce small hard indica purple buds just these two random seeds in a row.. not very happy about this still think durban is the best africa sativa even if its mixed with skunk but I love durban very much and I am not objective on this.

If you are looking for the real Durban I'd reccommend trying something like this:
https://www.strainly.io/en/listings/386680-82-durban-poison-heirloom-rosenthal-line

The original Durban Poison got wiped out from Durban though. I've been going to Durban annually since around 2002 and never been able to find the real deal in Durban today.

Rumour has it Durban Poison got wiped out as a result of fighting between the ANC political party (which Mandela was affiliated with ) and the IFP party. Both political parties were growing and smuggling cannabis during apartheid to fund their political parties.

I can't tell you too much about African weed in general, but perhaps more about Southern African weed that would be weed from: Mozambique, Swaziland, Lesotho, South Africa and Transkei in South Africa. Weed from this area is very cerebral and purely sativa. Most of these kind of strains in my opinion have low THC, but high amounts of other cannabinoids possibly or perhaps strange terepenes. Most African weed can make you really really paranoid if you aren't used to smoking it.

Some of my true favourites from Southern Africa is the true Swazi gold which is actually hard to find these days and Rooibaard. Malawi Gold is also truly a beautiful strain.

Latest posts

Latest posts