What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

Tangwena

Veteran
You should grow them out and post them here, was the Malawi from Malberry seeds too or a different company? Also what was the effects from the Mozambiquen poisons like, if you recall?
Yes it was Malawi gold from seeds of Africa I think from the same source as Malberry.
Try Malberry's Mulanje Gold its also from Malawi super tripping grass.

I only had the one plant grown indoors under lights the high was very strong typical Mozambique high the sort that makes you stare in wonder at an ant crawling up the wall, everything seemed wonderful as if seeing it for the first time.
I grew up in central Africa my wife is from Beira in Nothern Mozambique we used to get a lot of very good ganja from Tete on the Zambezi river border with Malawi.
These seeds are supposed to be from southern Mozambique in the same geographical area as Durban.
I see no reason to doubt it they are amazing genetics lovely high.

xxPeacePipexx

Holy Smoke sold imported seed from the same source that provides Malberry. Holy Smoke in the end went viral and the rest is documented in the after smoke so to say. In conclusion Holy Smoke and the supplier had a spat online that gave way to many questioning the source while stating that the seeds were just random African bulk import from the same source regardless of who you purchased from.

Sundog

Yes it was Malawi gold from seeds of Africa I think from the same source as Malberry.
Try Malberry's Mulanje Gold its also from Malawi super tripping grass.

I only had the one plant grown indoors under lights the high was very strong typical Mozambique high the sort that makes you stare in wonder at an ant crawling up the wall, everything seemed wonderful as if seeing it for the first time.
I grew up in central Africa my wife is from Beira in Nothern Mozambique we used to get a lot of very good ganja from Tete on the Zambezi river border with Malawi.
These seeds are supposed to be from southern Mozambique in the same geographical area as Durban.
I see no reason to doubt it they are amazing genetics lovely high.

Right on man thanks for the info, every time I tend to the plants I start salivating when I look at the Mozambiquen poison.

Sundog

Holy Smoke sold imported seed from the same source that provides Malberry. Holy Smoke in the end went viral and the rest is documented in the after smoke so to say. In conclusion Holy Smoke and the supplier had a spat online that gave way to many questioning the source while stating that the seeds were just random African bulk import from the same source regardless of who you purchased from.

Thanks for chiming in xxpeacepipexx. I've heard and read about Malberry seeds using Karmas photos for some of there strains And getting caught, but never heard/read anything that would make me think their seeds where not as described. I even think I read somewhere the owner of Holy Smoke seeds saying he grew out some of the strains to test before he stocked them and had no issues. What ever the truth is we may never know but the plants definitely look/grow the part. I'm happy with that.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Malberry seeds

Malberry seeds

hello,
well a few pieces i know so far...
Holy Smoke sold the Malberry seeds as distributor ...
Malberry used images from other strains on some of his gear he had no pictures from...
a few growers noted that and made a wave....
Holy Smoke stopped the distribution ...

to the legit of the seeds...
i've bought all Malberry gear because they are legit africans strains that i'll tested ..
Mulanje, Malawi and Zambia are true african when i'll compared them to other african...
there are no hybrids but also not selected... so you have to grow some more to find keepers...
but all i can say and i'll also contacted Ed Malberry about the seeds... they are legit...
it's a shame with the image swap... but also that those gem's disappears ...
Vermontman has also grown that Mulanje and was amazed by the potency and grow structure ... he used the Mulanje to made some nice crosses... and they are stellar...
i'll also use the Mulanje and Malawi and hazed them with Tom Hill Haze...

Malberry Malawi # one pheno more hairy
picture.php

Malberry Malawi # pheno' two more compact buds like ace malawi
picture.php

Malberry Mulanje Gold... a beauty and amazing liquor smell
picture.php

picture.php

Malberry seeds are still found @ hemp depot ...
M.:tiphat:

xxPeacePipexx

I ran several packs of the Malawi Gold from both parties. Kinda wish I hadn't given away the freebies now from that big promotion for Holy Smokes that Attitude Seeds held years ago. All seeds were good and equal to any of the African offered by say Snowhighs own collection.

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison

Mozambiquen poison

MP #1 at 4 weeks :

Attachments

• IMG_3211.jpg
    IMG_3211.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3212.jpg
    IMG_3212.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3213.jpg
    IMG_3213.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3214.jpg
    IMG_3214.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3216.jpg
    IMG_3216.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 34

Sundog

Nice plant Tangwena, Was scooping aces Malawi X Ethiopian as well. But I think I'm going to go with the Gloden Tiger breeders pack. As soon as I can.

Tangwena

Veteran
Nice plant Tangwena, Was scooping aces Malawi X Ethiopian as well. But I think I'm going to go with the Gloden Tiger breeders pack. As soon as I can.
You cant go wrong with those either. I have a hard time deciding what to grow from Ace i never even look at anything else.
Though I'm sure I'm missing out on some good gear.
The cobs I have from Aces gear do everything I want as far as highs go.
I have limited space so cant gamble on unknown seeds.
Half your luck I would love to look through the GT breeders packs I am sure they will blow your mind.

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison #1 at five weeks:

Attachments

• IMG_3289.jpg
    IMG_3289.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3288.jpg
    IMG_3288.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3274.jpg
    IMG_3274.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3272.jpg
    IMG_3272.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3271.jpg
    IMG_3271.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 34

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison #6

Mozambiquen poison #6

Mozambiquen poison #6 at around two weeks. This plant was a runt that I kept and glad I did. She's a nice plant, a bitch to clone though.

Attachments

• IMG_3325.jpg
    IMG_3325.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3326.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3327.jpg
    IMG_3327.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 34

Tangwena

Veteran
OMG thats going to have long arms of buds man pump them up you could end up with donkey dicks of greasy Mozambique Poison what a thought.
I can feel the energy in that plant its making up for lost time.
Better get some stakes ready she's going to need support I am sure.

Sundog

She is a tomato cage but she's so far out of it if she gets real top heavy, branch may snap. Don't have stakes tall enough so I'll probably have to use strings. Damn it Tangwena! getting me all excited I'm already licking my chops. Going to have to read your COB tread so I can make some with it.

Tangwena

Veteran
She is a tomato cage but she's so far out of it if she gets real top heavy, branch may snap. Don't have stakes tall enough so I'll probably have to use strings. Damn it Tangwena! getting me all excited I'm already licking my chops. Going to have to read your COB tread so I can make some with it.
Good on you my friend thats the perfect raw material for cobs.
It will bring out the spacy effects especially chewed the aromas as it sweats and cures will sit you on your ass they are that nice.

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison 8weeks

Mozambiquen poison 8weeks

She's very sensitive to feeding gave her 1/5th strength and she still burnt a bit:

Attachments

• IMG_3378.jpg
    IMG_3378.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3377.jpg
    IMG_3377.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 34

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison 4weeks?

Mozambiquen poison 4weeks?

This ones Is taller:

Attachments

• IMG_3380.jpg
    IMG_3380.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3381.jpg
    IMG_3381.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3382.jpg
    IMG_3382.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 25

Tangwena

Veteran
She's very sensitive to feeding gave her 1/5th strength and she still burnt a bit:
Nice buds forming there man she could end up as thick as your arm.
African strains can really produce the goods if you get the right pheno.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
@Sundog
they are rootbound...
those wild africans do best in huge pot's ... like 30 liter
i'll noticed that also and they are sensible to N...
also they don't like wet feed.... dry and hot..
so keep it up looking good so far... :)
thx for sharing
M.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts