What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

vinrusso

Tropical Seeds Senegal.
The three seeded gals where chopped when the seeds were ready, but some time before I would have chopped them for bud, the other one finished. I would say this is a 12-14 week strain.
4 females (the group shot if pretty early on)
Smells were mostly a ripe mango smell or sweet, but one had a slight "fuely" smell.
Seeded 3 plants, and one was mostly unseeded. The unseeded one was super frosty, and reaked of overly ripe mangos, and got purple late in flower.
I dont get hermies often, and grow strains as this often, but 3 hermied immediately, and the other 3 males all eventually hermied, and it was hard to get them to pollinate. The females didnt really hermie. Despite this I really like this strain.
I grew the the tall strain you show with the four stalks. It got a lot of fox tails. But the thing i noticed was after a 90 day cure it was like different weed. It's amazing what a good cure does to sativa's.

thejact55

This is a TRSC Senegal. It went about 14 weeks. Smells a bit like sour fruit. Of course until a good cure, I won't be able to say anything about the high.

Haha, regarding your comment vinrusso, i was curious how far back you went to see my plants. That was some time ago. I found yours in the process. Nice looking gal. Ya your foxtailed to hell, alot like west eu's a page or two back. Really like the strain.

DjKinetics

Transkei entering early Flowering. The bean was privately sourced so obviously can't say with absolute certainty that is authentic pure Transkei.
picture.php

Last edited:

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
from ace seeds- a Congo#3* crossed
with their kali china. this one appears
to be quite congolese-leaning.
long trichome stalks.
aroma has moved to a dark musky "carrot wood",
with a little black pepper in the background and "nasal bite"...
picture.php

at 72dys of 11/13, from a re-veg.
she looks like she's got a few more weeks to go.
*the congo#3 parent, a pure congolese breeding
tool used by cbg/ace, takes around 14-15wks to finish.

cheers

covert

Greetings muddy waters

The gold of 'commercially' produced Malawi cannabis is a combination of Sun drying and a low Nitrogen medium during growth.

However, there are 'traditional' pockets throughout the country that practice stem splitting...the result of which is also, the golden colour in the finished product. It is surmised that although practical, the Sun curing technique was implemented and retained because the end product more closely resembles the famed traditional product, with less labour and attention (and risk).

Another 'cultural' practice in some areas is to allow a (supervised) kid (young goat) to graze/gnaw on the mature stems. This results in faster maturation, increased resin production and chlorophyll degradation ('the zamalito discovery'). There is an unclear spiritual component to this practice.

In other places (Ethiopia, Ghana) the kid or a lamb is allowed to consume a vast majority of the fan leaves halfway through the flowering period. This also results in the golden coloration of the finished product, as the plant prioritizes seed production. This practice is also of a spiritual nature. It is the literal manifestation of 'lamb's bread' that resonates with the symbolic interpretation and incorporation into Rastafarian methodology.

One step further is the practice of allowing the kid/lamb/goat (starved for a few days) to consume the ripened colas. The material goes through the digestive tract quickly and is defecated almost intact. It is then dried and smoked. It is reported that this product results in the most psychoactive of experiences...and is therefore reserved for consumption by revered elders, spiritual shamans and tribal dignitaries.

Sincerely,
Charles.

Holy shit!!

That last paragraph is one the most interesting things I've read about grass while high. I wonder if they had some sort of collection bag attached to the animal that collects the faecal weed after its earlier feeding.

No if there is a bag of this sort...... then maybe the female goats urine that might contain other substances that the goat may have ingested is sprayed onto the contents of the bag. Maybe the urine contains some other cannabinoids or alters the profile. Maybe if the goat has consumed amanita or psilocybin mushrooms it makes it a sacrament level smoke?

I imagine that would be made easier by giving the goats a steady supply of buds and having a continuous production being done, with smoke sanplers who try the daily faecal weed and based on their recommendations about the potency present might arrange a special collection for the elders etc.

W

Water-

Holy shit!!

That last paragraph is one the most interesting things I've read about grass while high. I wonder if they had some sort of collection bag attached to the animal that collects the faecal weed after its earlier feeding.

No if there is a bag of this sort...... then maybe the female goats urine that might contain other substances that the goat may have ingested is sprayed onto the contents of the bag. Maybe the urine contains some other cannabinoids or alters the profile. Maybe if the goat has consumed amanita or psilocybin mushrooms it makes it a sacrament level smoke?

I imagine that would be made easier by giving the goats a steady supply of buds and having a continuous production being done, with smoke sanplers who try the daily faecal weed and based on their recommendations about the potency present might arrange a special collection for the elders etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWDDZIuoII

"Cheech: Hey what was in this shit, man?

Chong: Mostly Maui-wowie, man.

Cheech: Yeah?

Chong: But it's got some Labrador in it.

Cheech: What's Labrador?

Chong: It's dog shit.

Cheech: What?

Chong: Yeah, my dog ate
my stash, man.

Had to follow him around with a bag for days, man!"

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
Wow...what Durban is that you have there Nico Farmer, as it looks just lovely? Any further info on the bouquet and effect would be wonderful.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:woohoo:

Hello!

Sorry I just see your post today.
This Durban was from Dutch Passion (13 years ago, in 2005).
Very very nice ganja! 8 weeks, strech x 2 in hydro, good yield.
Anise back taste, sweet with a little peppery flavor and a good high.

More pics under 250 w in a very little set up (80cm x 50cm)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Big up all

burmese

yes, soa seeds, pollinated with him midnight express auto //pink, purple pheno//, maybe this year i see what comes outdoor 50north

Koondense

Veteran
I have some Angola Poison sourced by my south african friend, they're next on my experimental list and maybe I'll pop one very soon.
Just a tease ;)

Cheers

KaYa-mon

Briliant

Briliant

Miss those Cheech & Chong days
Maui-wowie, man

Senegal USC
View Image

... a bit to close to the lamp
View Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWDDZIuoII

"Cheech: Hey what was in this shit, man?

Chong: Mostly Maui-wowie, man.

Cheech: Yeah?

Chong: But it's got some Labrador in it.

Cheech: What's Labrador?

Chong: It's dog shit.

Cheech: What?

Chong: Yeah, my dog ate
my stash, man.

Had to follow him around with a bag for days, man!"

Koondense

Veteran
Amazing DTOG!

TBH I'm waiting for yours two APs to finish and for a smoke report before I pop a couple of seeds, might be another variety after all. Got lots of candidates to find an interesting male, first in line is Zamalmystik by USC, second is Angola Poison. Sadly I got no space for both :(

Cheers bro

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Amazing DTOG!

TBH I'm waiting for yours two APs to finish and for a smoke report before I pop a couple of seeds, might be another variety after all. Got lots of candidates to find an interesting male, first in line is Zamalmystik by USC, second is Angola Poison. Sadly I got no space for both :(

Cheers bro

That weird looking one, I posted pics of a few posts back. I smoked half a joint (close to a 1 gram joint) and got a real nice high. Definitely got more of a buzz than i was expecting. Had a great taste as well. Kinda cat-pissy, but with what I would call some floral notes.

Here's a few pics of the Angola Poison #2. Way different than her sister. So far this one has kinda a lemon cleaner type smell. Not quite lemon pledge OG funk, but close.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php