What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
picture.php

DjKinetics

Iv sourced a couple Transkei Seeds from a buddy in Eastern Cape, I normally don't grow SA strains anymore but il pop a bean or two this week,so I can contribute to this thread.

CanadaDank

Angola Rojo Full Melt

Angola Rojo Full Melt

I’d say without a doubt one of the best Cannabis highs I’ve ever experienced came from smoking this Angola Rojo aka Angola Red full melt. It had a wonderful floral, lemon, carrot and spicy frankincense bouquet that left the room smelling like Flintstones Vitamins after consumig. The high effect was a soaring, energetic, euphoric and exhilarating buzz felt mostly above the shoulders that was perfect for dancing and parties; I also found it great for my adult ADD. Very few highs I’ve experienced have had this strong of anti-depressant qualities. It honestly felt more like MDMA than Cannabis. I really wish I could get more! It was a very rare product I was fortunate to acquire.

Attachments

• EC9434E5-4C99-47BE-A153-E9BEB47B390E.jpg
    EC9434E5-4C99-47BE-A153-E9BEB47B390E.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 16

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Iv sourced a couple Transkei Seeds from a buddy in Eastern Cape, I normally don't grow SA strains anymore but il pop a bean or two this week,so I can contribute to this thread.

25+ Years ago I ran into some weed called Transkei Monkey Ganga, meant to be rotproof fast flowering sativa from "a rainforest" type place, mountains too. The guy had a number of rare weed and hashes, from hippie circles, so there may have been some truth in it's origin, but I hardly ever see anybody talking about the Transkei

DjKinetics

25+ Years ago I ran into some weed called Transkei Monkey Ganga, meant to be rotproof fast flowering sativa from "a rainforest" type place, mountains too. The guy had a number of rare weed and hashes, from hippie circles, so there may have been some truth in it's origin, but I hardly ever see anybody talking about the Transkei
The region is more mountainous then rainforest imo,I haven't smoked it in years so should bring back some memories,will post up some pics once it starts flowering and at harvest. What I can say so far is it seems to be quite a broad leaf Sativa.

Last edited:

oldbootz

Veteran
Transkei / Ciskei (same area) has some great genetics. Usually from there you get the 'lime greens' sativa with a light colored leaf. Type of high is energetic psychoactive introspective.

More rare is the transkei red and gold which may be extinct by now. Last I saw those ones was 2002.

HAUTE

Gojam

Gojam

What’s up with the black herb that grows in the valley of Gojam?
Where is the valley of Gojam, as there is lots of valleys there. It’s
supposed to be strongest herb on the planet the pharaohs would smoke.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
@HAUTE Gojam is in Ethiopia...sincerely,i think it was a legend,i'm a Rasta but i think there is a lot of legends about weed.....surely ancient egyptian knows the holy herb...

Easy7

Veteran
I think it's funny how a sativa can not have a lot lf bag appeal and be totally under estimated. Also the hash from sativas can be very interesting.