What's new

African Strains

Hi guys,

thought this might be the right thread to ask this question,
was thinking of ordering some SA genetics online,
due to the availibility (for I dont know how long), of a few of the african strains from the african seeds co on seedsdirect,
I was thinking of either getting a Transkei green, or a seedsman "durban poison natural"(that same wild version as african seeds co),
dont really have the space to grow both, so could u guys advise me on this one,
which of the two gives would u say a better, trippy, more potent energetic high?(I know this might be a subjective one) which one does better outdoors in a cooler climate?

Can't let these treasures go out of stock, already made up my mind on their Ethiopian Highland :canabis:

ganjabrother

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
What I have understand, current seedsdirect is fraud and they collectindata for officials :fsu:

I think Gypsy did courtcase awhile back regarding this subject, do little search if you are interested more..

Please take notice that with right techniques it´s very possible to grow pure sativas indoors in small space & low wattage :wink:

I hope you found yourself an authentic African cultivar from reputable seller!

AH: Thank you for the kind words, yours aint looking bad either :D if you know what I mean :rasta:

That Swazi is looking like a small closet cultivators "dream plant" :D I think it gives "decent" yield, but well see about that mate...

Thule: Interesing background indeed :chin: So you think it has been furtherly outcrossed from those Dansk x African daze?

LB: Thank you my friend :redface: I wouldnt call myself that, rather pollen chucker...

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Herbalistic said:
Thule: Interesing background indeed :chin: So you think it has been furtherly outcrossed from those Dansk x African daze?

What I've been told is that kuhmo has only been incrossed a few times after the african strain was introduced. I think the first generations may have some less early flowerers too. I have one female that hasn't really started forming buds in veg lights and has very distinct leaves. These seeds are from at least 3 summers..

Herbalistic said:
What I have understand, current seedsdirect is fraud and they collectindata for officials :fsu:

I think Gypsy did courtcase awhile back regarding this subject, do little search if you are interested more..

Please take notice that with right techniques it´s very possible to grow pure sativas indoors in small space & low wattage :wink:

I hope you found yourself an authentic African cultivar from reputable seller!

Thanks Herbalistic, you probably saved my life by warning me about seedsdirect,
I was hoping I'd be able to buy that legendary Ethiopian Highland and one or two other african landraces but i guess that's just not gonna happen atm...

I think I'll get that durban poison (wild version), from seedsman before that goes outta stock, and try to include it into one of my guerilla grows,
I believe that you can indeed grow them indoors with low wattage and correct techniques, I will do that... but I need the quantities you can get from an outdoor grow, I'd love to produce an unlimited amount of sativa bud for me to smoke :smoke:

an authentic african cultivar isn't easy to find, it's really unfortunate african seeds went out of stock, cos now there aren't a lot of landraces available to choose from the only ones I can think of is a few left over packs of DP, Malawi Gold, and swazi left over that are legit and waiting to be out of stock.
And afropips doesn't seem to have a very good feedback, and anyways he doesn't have any more landraces.

A small discovery here: The other day here in IRL (probably reputated to have the worst cannabis, soapbar, grit, u can check out the issue 1 of 2008 of the soft secrets, there is a shocking article about weed in the rep.),
I met an african dude in town from which I later bought some grass,
very compressed brickweed, bout 5g for €40, it had a seeds and stems, I'm convinced most people would think it looks like shit it's brown, not very appealing (no strong smell like skunk, but has a nice subtle smell to it)...
(but us consumers who are on the more connoisseur side :wink: know the high could be better than a plain cheap dutch skunk, and defo better than socall "frosty" grit bud :D, (tho I'm not claiming I'm an expert yet, especially compared to a lotta you guys on this forum that seem to have smoked weed from all over the world :rasta:)
Surprised me by it's potency, 0.4g of this got me higher, than over 0.5g of a GOOD sensimellia JACK HERER from a south of the NL coffeeshop,
fairly disorientating, very powerful, dunno how to describe this, it also has the feeling like u've had little blackout moments when high, even though they are not complete blackouts, as you still remember somewhat what just happened:chin:, doesn't seem to have much tolerance to it atm, smokin this seems each time as good or better than my first times gettin very high,
a tired feeling is felt after a certain point in this high, it can knock you out and put you to sleep as fast as any frosty indica, though the high is not the same.
According to that guy I bought it from, it is supposed to come from west africa, no idea where though could be anywhere from Senegal down to the Ivory coast.
Thought there would be mostly energetic, clear headed sativas from those parts of Africa, but maybe not, dunno exactly, could be sun dried not cured properly, is this enough to explain a tired feeling in the high? awesome potency wise nonetheless
Luckily I found what might be a few valid seeds amongst all the crushed ones on that brick, might grow a few out someday, the high might be superior to that of the brickweed from which it came from, dunno...

Have so far only really had mostly dutchgrown import (was usually decent) throughout my life (when I used to live on the continent), have yet to experience a true energetic, stay awake, clear headed legendary(well atm fo me) pure sativa high... :drum:

Anyways, excuse me for rambling on... but I love to share ideas on these forums...
peace out, smoke out
:joint: Ganjabrother

Last edited:

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I got a couple pounds of bricked weed a while back during a dry spell we were having. It wan't the greatest, but good for brick weed 'cause usually the stuff that comes around here that is bricked it is very crappy. Anyways, I sprouted some seeds expecting to get a bunch of thin leaved plants (sativa's), but to my suprise they were all indica, with the exception of a few thinner half/half looking ones. I thought this was weird as I was expecting some pretty and tall sativa looking girls. It just goes to show you never know what your going to get until you grow them out. Just an experience I thought I would share.

TGT

215 User

Any one know about indigo? (African x Afghan)

Can you describe taste/effect if possible also. This is the mother of the
"Choco Trip x Deep Chunk" cross which I got today & beyond curious.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
sounds fantasmic :D lemme know how those do i wanna pollenate the c.trip if i do get it soon with some dc dust :)

elsocio

Hola, interesante información y muy buen hilo, dejo unas fotos de ethiopian.

Hello, very good and interesting information thread, I leave some pictures of Ethiopia.

Un saludo.

El Socio.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Cool to help you GanjaBrother!

Here´s my Swazi update, I was at bad bicycle accident lastweek and hit my stoned head hard resulting with serious headinjury, so I was hospitalized and my plants did almost dryout while then, so please take this on note everyone, when you llok these pics..

Mummy afta 73 daze..

Daughter after 82 days.

I quess I could add couple pics from Malahazi colas afta 73 daze :chin:

G

Nice Herbalistic! got some nice structure on those Swazi's.

I am soon to begin chucking some pollen myself on some polyhybrid crosses I have in mind, I have so many projects on the go-and my eye's are definately bigger than my space for sure.Question: I am interested in using power plant in a cross, most likely to an afghan or indica of yet to be determined origin, but I have come across precious little information regarding the use of power plant in crosses, perhaps there is a reason for this? lack of combining ability? In regards to power plants origin, all I can find is that it has South African parents-from both parents? or was it hybridized with something else somewhere in it's past.Any info would be a help thanks.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh pp is ok as a bace... but it needs flavour,,, an more vibrant colour...would be nice to start with..pretty stable too,,,what is the best african to use in small scale crosses??

la mano negra

Hola

Congolese
congoA17-05-08DSCF5190.jpg

Senegalese
SenegalDSCF5194.jpg

SenegalDSCF5195.jpg

SenegalDSCF5196.jpg

SenegalDSCF5197.jpg

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Btw, did I mention Swazis have been pollinated partly by Purple Kush pollen? Seems like she didnt like that loose pollen too much, lots of immature seedstarts and only couple (5) ripe dark brown beans harvested yet :)

However, the tiny amount of Destroyer pollen I used into it was very efficient and will produce enough seeds for me to play with!

My opinion of Power Plant is that it´s quite stable, what I have seen there is two main phenos. However, there are some reported intersex tendency, interesting to see if any hermies will show up from the cross with Destroyer :chin:

Also.. The Blockhead pollen I used into Swazimum seems to fail do it´s job :( Maybe I should do more Destroyer beans, or a cross with Purple Kush would bring the floweringtime down..

I also hope Destroyer adds indoor adaptity :thumbsup: Seems I have to cut my lightcycle for Swazi´s. They clearly are outdoor plants very longfloweringtype too :chin: They produce these "pencil" type of buds :D But, but.. started little resin production has stopped, so I really do think to low the lightcycle because of them.. Maybe 10.5/13.5 would suit there needs better???

Also think Malahazi would fatten up better that way..

Well, we well finally see what I get out of them. I think im going to be more happy with the daughter that was flowered as a rooted clone at yield department, compared to vegtime..

However... Swazi is explosive grower in veg and is dream plant to train. We also have to take notice that Swazi did loose it´s precious maincola, which would add the yield bigtime :2cents: But in my small closet.. SOG style grow of Swazi seems most efficient maybe, without training singlespears :yummy:

And about the Destroyer.. Couple pics of the rooted clone I started same time with Swazi clone, pollinated with Purple Kush, is now on day 83, pics from yesterday :yummy:

Im taking her down in couple days, shes maybe over ripe, because I wanted
healthy, ripe seeds, but still produces new resin :yummy:

LMN: :headbange

Last edited:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Herbalistic said:
Cool to help you GanjaBrother!

Here´s my Swazi update, I was at bad bicycle accident lastweek and hit my stoned head hard resulting with serious headinjury, so I was hospitalized and my plants did almost dryout while then, so please take this on note everyone, when you llok these pics..

Sorry to hear about your bike accident Herbalistic.I've always said that most motorcycle and bicycle accidents happen during the last 5 minutes of riding.I have found it quite difficult to stop riding those last 5 minutes..:)

Nice looking Swazi...I have a few of those gifted to me by a good friend,that I hope to get started before I die of old age.(or they do)..LOL

Hope you're feeling better

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope youre well Herbalistic :wink:
Some africanas grown from ACE seedstock :rasta:
From left to right:
Senegal 2,Senegal 3,Angola,Malawi 4 & Malawi 5
raco2045-1.jpg

jrw

Growing ACE strains under my flouro tubes is my hottest dream these days!

I've gotta start saving up some cash :D

:jawdrop:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Thank you for your caring fella´s, cannot say how much it mean to me coming from people I have never met :redface:

Raco: ACE really have dream stock of strains, eh?

Here´s some "baby" Rooibard pics I took for your guys today and btw... First Swazi x Destroyer bean has been harvested :woohoo:

1.5 L cola bottle for comprasion..

These pics are after 89 days in flowercycle!

L

levant

Another Incredible thread on ICMag!
It's got the wow factor for me, so rich with knowledge...
And quality ganja photography, la mano negra your pics take the cake! :rasta:

Here is some Swazi Red Beard I grew a few years ago,
Did not get fully mature in my climate but she was a joy to grow,
I got all females.
I've grown Colombian, Jamaican, Ethiopian and more,
Let me say Swazi Red was the Fastest to flower with the most exotic aroma's.
(How about chocolate orange with fruit spice? hehe)
The high was a bit racy due to it being immature one day I hope to grow her Properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Oh she is beautiful levant :yes:

Where your Swazi originates if I may ask? authentic cultivar, afropips etc..???

It´s an honor to have you on the thread if you are the one landrace grower "levant" I associate you with :chin:

LaManoNegra sure is the undisputed winner of "African strains" photocontest!

Here´s a random Original Haze x Malawi Gold AKA Malahazi shot..