What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A new Guerilla growing method.?

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

^^ biggest of the above pictured mini greenhouse seedlings. pic. taken 8/25. no premature flowering.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I'm going to explore this further next year, so bump. I have bought a few 5 and 10 liter water bottles that will act as a guerrilla mini greenhouse.

What was a new concept to me is using small cups.. I could try it with the same plastic cups I use for sprouting, there's maybe 30 of those in a pack.

Protection from slugs and mice is imo even a bigger benefit than the ability to trap heat. Usually less than 15% make it through the first month alive where there is wild life.

Hmmm, now I'm thinking of using this method with black plastic containers to maximize heat absorption.

If it works I could plant at least 3 weeks earlier so defo worth a try.

idiit

Veteran
i apologize for taking down my pics. this site had 10 monster females averaging 2# each using this technique. no premature flowering. leo spotted the garden. i had posted pics of this garden w/o scrubbing the pics of gps coordinates. i had two other gardens busted by leo this year as well. security comes first. always next year.

don't use the mini greenhouses after temps. get too high in direct sun. use shaded areas for later in the year. i inserted my seedlings sprouted from paper towel technique into the mini greenhouses 4/15 at 35 degrees n.

i will have backup mini greenhouses at all sites next year. i will have plenty of extra seedlings going for each site as well. bugs, criitters still take their toll but the losses are sustainable if you over palnt in multiple mini greenhouse areas. i'm using 4" galvanized irrigation line stakes to secure the pots into the ground and secure the tops (clear plastic) to the bottom containers planted all the way into the earth (flush). another concern is flooding. plant on small slope ( slope to drain). use daiatomaceous earth inside the mini greenhouse contraption and sprinkle liberally outside the perimeter. i used logs buried tightly around the perimeter and put sticks in the ground pointing up around the mini greenhouses to help repel critters.

get the stuff into the grow area in the winter when ppl aren't thinking marijuana patch thoughts. all you need to do in the spring is bring in the seedlings. i leave out 5 gallon buckets under trees to catch rain for the spring planting and ultimate spring transplanting into holes by transplanting established seedlings with good rootballs 3 weeks later ( 5/1 for me).

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I used to use walls of water with great success....I would like to try an make my own to reduce cost..those vacuum seal bags might work....yeehaw....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Usedto make quasi-walls-o-water filling up plastic juice or soda bottles shaping around a 3 gallon bucket, duct taping, strip near top and bottom for support. Remove the container you have DIY Wall-o-water.

Works great, esp. for tender tomatoe plants starting early, as with cannabis.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
the walls of water allow you to close in the top like a teepee... can take a serious low temp then....yeehaw..you can also dull them up with paint misted fine,,,,i think a seal a meal machine and a roll of that stuff...prob have to mess with the seal meal lid....yeehaw

Team Microbe

Veteran
i apologize for taking down my pics. this site had 10 monster females averaging 2# each using this technique. no premature flowering. leo spotted the garden. i had posted pics of this garden w/o scrubbing the pics of gps coordinates. i had two other gardens busted by leo this year as well. security comes first. always next year.

don't use the mini greenhouses after temps. get too high in direct sun. use shaded areas for later in the year. i inserted my seedlings sprouted from paper towel technique into the mini greenhouses 4/15 at 35 degrees n.

i will have backup mini greenhouses at all sites next year. i will have plenty of extra seedlings going for each site as well. bugs, criitters still take their toll but the losses are sustainable if you over palnt in multiple mini greenhouse areas. i'm using 4" galvanized irrigation line stakes to secure the pots into the ground and secure the tops (clear plastic) to the bottom containers planted all the way into the earth (flush). another concern is flooding. plant on small slope ( slope to drain). use daiatomaceous earth inside the mini greenhouse contraption and sprinkle liberally outside the perimeter. i used logs buried tightly around the perimeter and put sticks in the ground pointing up around the mini greenhouses to help repel critters.

get the stuff into the grow area in the winter when ppl aren't thinking marijuana patch thoughts. all you need to do in the spring is bring in the seedlings. i leave out 5 gallon buckets under trees to catch rain for the spring planting and ultimate spring transplanting into holes by transplanting established seedlings with good rootballs 3 weeks later ( 5/1 for me).

Damn man, sorry to hear that! Fuckin LEO.

I hope you did a clean wipe of everything you have (electronics) if you plan on growing again next year. They'll try and get you again if they found you on here and saw your picture data. Thats quite a yield though... damn!

j189rfc

Ahh that sucks, I wanted to see this. You can also use 2l pop bottles, 4 l milk jugs. There are a number of house hold waste products you can use to make semi permanent "green houses" for young plants. I like 4L myself. Once they get worn out you can cut a chunk off and make a scooper!

Pop bottles are usually easier... and I think the USA has 3L pop bottles as well, nice and tall for autos or clones.

idiit

Veteran
the grow straight from seed produced the biggest, heaviest yielding plants of my 20 yrs. grow experience.

just because leo knows the gps does not meant they know "who".

i'll move the location. i have an average life span of 2 years/garden. that's how hot this "war zone" is.

with my new silky saws i'm going into woods with relatively new trees and just working 2-3 females/grow site. no trails nearby. have "deer trails" in the woods to connect the 2-3# female gardens.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I don't drink soda so I'll have to go with water bottles. The benefit of using bigger bottles is that you don't have to go and remove it in weeks, in fact if you cut the top off you can probably just leave it there until the plant grows out of it.

2008_11_21_vesipullo.png

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i read a post on here from silverback about him starting a seed indoors 2-3 weeks prior then just germing his seeds on april 1st at 38N and planting end of april 1st of may..in his post he said he didnt see any differnce in starting them earlier indoors..infact the post said he say better growth from the ones started later due to it being alot warmer..so imo its just a waste of time and effort doing all that..if i can find that thread then i will post it but i have done the same experiment except i started mine outdoors march1st and planting april(with the freebie regulars bc i didnt care if they died..i only grow feminsied now) 1st and then germing on april1st and planting may1st and i have come to the same conclusion that my plants that are started when warmer grow alot faster then planting earlier..everone has their own techquine and im not saying u all are wrong bc they are no wrong way imho..cannabis has to have a certain ground temp for them to thrive!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
i read a post on here from silverback about him starting a seed indoors 2-3 weeks prior then just germing his seeds on april 1st at 38N and planting end of april 1st of may..in his post he said he didnt see any differnce in starting them earlier indoors..infact the post said he say better growth from the ones started later due to it being alot warmer..so imo its just a waste of time and effort doing all that..if i can find that thread then i will post it but i have done the same experiment except i started mine outdoors march1st and planting april(with the freebie regulars bc i didnt care if they died..i only grow feminsied now) 1st and then germing on april1st and planting may1st and i have come to the same conclusion that my plants that are started when warmer grow alot faster then planting earlier..everone has their own techquine and im not saying u all are wrong bc they are no wrong way imho..cannabis has to have a certain ground temp for them to thrive!

Better growth when started later, sure. But that extra three weeks allows the plants to flower weeks earlier. That can make all the difference when your growing season normally is only a 100 days long.

It goes without saying that the closer to the tropics you are, the less use you'll have for this method.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Better growth when started later, sure. But that extra three weeks allows the plants to flower weeks earlier. That can make all the difference when your growing season normally is only a 100 days long.

It goes without saying that the closer to the tropics you are, the less use you'll have for this method.

im far from the tropics growing season ends here oct 25-31 sometimes before that but as i said there is no wrong just my experience with it and it does nothing for me

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
im far from the tropics growing season ends here oct 25-31 sometimes before that but as i said there is no wrong just my experience with it and it does nothing for me

The very south of Spain is at 38th parallel north like you are, so sub tropical if you're not up in the mountains.. From my perspective that's a very southern location.

When I was living in Spain I had sativa plants outdoors in january, they flowered but didn't really grow. I'm sure a mini greenhouse would have helped them along as the plants on my windowsill grew just fine.

I'm at 64' north. The temperatures in May range between -5c and 20c but usually are around 15c during the days. You need to have your plants up before June if you wish to finish them by September so a mini greenhouse helps a lot, the plants can grow on sunny days even if the temperatures outside the dome never exceed 15c.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
The very south of Spain is at 38th parallel north like you are, so sub tropical if you're not up in the mountains.. From my perspective that's a very southern location.

When I was living in Spain I had sativa plants outdoors in january, they flowered but didn't really grow. I'm sure a mini greenhouse would have helped them along as the plants on my windowsill grew just fine.

I'm at 64' north. The temperatures in May range between -5c and 20c but usually are around 15c during the days. You need to have your plants up before June if you wish to finish them by September so a mini greenhouse helps a lot, the plants can grow on sunny days even if the temperatures outside the dome never exceed 15c.
dam u are a long way up..ya some sativas i can grow some i cant all depends on what ole mother nature wants to give me..i would love to be able to do a greenhouse but so many rippers and cops around here id doubt i would get away with it..i can only put them in the bush to try and get some sat

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I thought I'd seen this pictured somewhere.

Od grow in Scotland by Hoots

picture.php

picture.php

Time start collecting those bottles if you haven't already!

Latest posts

Latest posts