What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A new Guerilla growing method.?

SapoVerde

That was exactly the thread :biggrin:. I almost forgot, the thread went all elitist as if it was forbidden to use this method for the personal consumption grow, without furthering some political agenda :biggrin:. Weird.

Anyway, I have some dry seedballs ready to go. PCK x Afghani Autoflowering x Nepalese. But i might change my mind and go for all PCK x Afghani Autos this year, whipping up a new batch of seedballs (smaller diameter this time).

I will report my results:tiphat:.

The stealth aspect is also really nice besides having almost no work. Plants planted this way don't look very out of place, it's easy to hide them in the scenery that way :tiphat:.

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

no premature flowering. planted 5/04/2015. several other mandingo/tw did the same. will start harvesting in about three weeks.

gormless normie

Just registered to post my idea! It might have already been done, as I've seen somewhat similar things before. It's basically a super low cost mini hydroponic greenhouse set up. Pictures are the best way to explain.

They are made from two bottles each, the small one is a 2 litre bottle and the larger is a 5. A rag pushed through a hole in the bottle cap is used to wick water and nutrients up into the soil. The soil and air stay warm and wet. They should stop most bugs but some copper tape or mesh can be used around the top to stop anything with climbing skills.

idiit

Veteran
the only problem I see with these mini greenhouses is establishing a delicate balance between over heating and pest and flood control. at 35 degree north once I go into May a hot May day can really heat up the inside of the plastic dome. big vents can let in bugs. big vents let in a lot of spring torrential showers which did wash out some cups.

the advantage is that you can plant here starting april 15. going straight from seed makes more room for indoor clones to be transplanted outdoors at appropriate time.

my soa Malawi gold clones went out very early may and also suffer no premature flowering problems. looks like they will come in under a hot sun unlike last years transplanted soa mg that didn't even completely finish by nov. 15.

the myth of planting outdoors starting in june for all outdoor grown cannabis is being dispelled.

gormless normie

That's true. It is a case of balancing the venting to get the desired temperature, humidity and insect prevention. Having a hole at the top usually prevents the heat getting too high as the hottest air rises. I'm further north than you so my plants have usually outgrown their houses and have been planted out before the sun becomes a risk.

idiit

Veteran
desired temperature
the domes actually trap warm temps from the ground to protect young seedlings from the cold spring nights. very effective. the larger the vent holes the less protection from bugs, cold evening air, and frequent torrential spring rains.

the smaller the holes the less venting of sun heated daytime temps inside the mini greenhouse.
overheating even in early may under the clear plastic domes is an issue.

it's a balancing act. it can work. it's tricky to get it right.

being able to discretely take in thousands of just sprouted seedlings at one time into a grow area has huge implications for od grow sites; especially guerilla grows.

indoor clones for transplanting od at later applicable dates is highly recommended.

Latest posts

Latest posts