What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Drumskinz

Icky what a lousy rotten gut punch those bastards gave you…taking away your weed, burning it, taking pictures, laughing about and telling you how great of a grower you are…if they only had a clue…it makes me wonder about the road crew that was there to fix the huge divet they put in your front lawn…maybe it was them that wanted some payback for having to fix something they really didn’t wanna have to do

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Icky what a lousy rotten gut punch those bastards gave you…taking away your weed, burning it, taking pictures, laughing about and telling you how great of a grower you are…if they only had a clue…it makes me wonder about the road crew that was there to fix the huge divet they put in your front lawn…maybe it was them that wanted some payback for having to fix something they really didn’t wanna have to do
Not the road crew. Two different counties. My grow is not in the same county as my house.

They were not really laughing. Most were doing it with the glee you get with changing a shitty diaper. Only really one that was a dick and he apoligize when he left. I am pretty sure they were impressed with the grow. Helps I had just cleaned it pretty good the day before. Dont want a dirty grow when you get raided.

Does kind of suck. But not like I cant grow them back in less than six months. Hardest part is setting it up and learning the plants. And that is all done.

I am really thinking of just getting some really stinky strain and doing a perpetual harvest of one plant at all times. And just blow the straight out the building non stop. So I can get raided and be in compliance. And keep right on blowing it out after they leave. The cops would have to leave me alone if I am in compliance. Fuck that neighbor right.

Not like they can kick my door in. I put that door in and backed it up all the way around the frame with four inches of solid wood. Anchored with 4 inch screw to a 4X6 post that is about 5-6 feet in the ground. They would have to beat the knob and heavy duty deadbolt apart. The hinges are also sunk in with 4 inch screws as well.

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s a major bummer I can’t believe that actually happened to you in your state. I’m shocked…. 2008 when the hippie looking cops started chopping down my crop with their loppers they were saying to me “wow man you grow really good bud & you’re gonna make a Lotta friends in …”

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Terrible man.. cops are real good at pretending to be your friend while they are taking from you. Sickening..
I told them that and they said no thats not the way it is. I kept talking to them about other shit. Lol like my lights and roofing. Even building houses. Never talked to much about getting rid of the bud. Most they got from me was I sold about $50 a month to mostly cover my gas. Never said it was for the bud but was for gas.

They kept pressing about the money and I just kept dodging them. Pretty much told them everything was paid for by my roofing. Which is true. Plus that first run was not that great. Bunch of small buds. Frosty and stinky but small. Would have been hard to move it anyway.

But the plants that come down in 2 weeks would have moved fast. Even though they are small compared to what I normally grow. But most buts were about egg sized. Would have been a easy trim. Not like that smaller stuff.

I posted pictures but they were not the bigger buds. Just the ones easiest to get a picture with out fans in the way. Here they are. I posted these a couple days ago. Look at how easy they would have been to trim. I am guessing the bulk of these buds were 3-5 grams each. And these would still gotten slightly bigger yet.

View media item 18709342
View media item 18709341
View media item 18709340

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
It’s a major bummer I can’t believe that actually happened to you in your state. I’m shocked…. 2008 when the hippie looking cops started chopping down my crop with their loppers they were saying to me “wow man you grow really good bud & you’re gonna make a Lotta friends in …”
I will just have to wait and see what happens. I have a feeling nothing much will since they cant prove I was moving it. Cant prove I made any money from it other than about $50 a month for gas that I told them. Nothing there to package it up. I dont think they saw the scale I had for ferts since it was under some fertilizer.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You should know better not to say a word to cops everything you say they’ll use against you. That’s the very first thing they asked me do you sell do you sell? Do you sell? Do you sell?
I told them the market was saturated and there in no money in that. Never told them I sold it. Just talked about legal shit. Told them to take the bud I had no use for it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That jealousy looks like a nice yielder and a easy trim...
And it has a strong smell to it. It was sticky when I took the other plants down a couple days ago. Got the Fiskars all gummy. I thing it is what the cop was saying smelled real strong. I cant smell much but I did smell that one. Cant describe the smell since my smell is not correct. Fresh backed chick smell rotten to me.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Look at the leaves on those pictures. They are stressed a little. Plus I lost a shit ton of the fan leaves early. Not to mention some powdery mildew is showing up. That is why I feel they are under sized slightly.

When I put my plants into flower I leave one growth tip at the end of about 9-12 branches. Below that I take out all the growth tips and leave the fan leaves. That gives me 2 fan leaves for every bud instead of the normal one fan per bud. Plus it puts the cola up at the top in the light. So no colas are shaded.

If you look back at the picture of the canopy you can see the top varies by out 6-8 inches. And that is with 14 plant in a 4.5X14 foot bed. Helps keep all the colas about the same size.

But when I put them in flower they threw almost all the extra fans off. So it gets the buds back to what most people get when they lolipop their plants. The extra fans add some bulk but eventually the bottom 5 or 6 fans are cannibalized latter in the grow when they get shaded by the new growth.

But the buds on all those 9-12 branches are about the same size. Some are bigger and a few are smaller. But it dont take much time to add up weight trimming when you figure those buds are 3-5 grams each on average. They tend to be denser being up in the light and not fluffy.

But if you are trimming 3 gram buds it only take 8-9 for a ounce. That dont take long to do. That top bud on the jealousy is probably 6-7 grams dried. But if the average is say 4 grams that is 7 buds per ounce. So 28 buds for four ounces. Very doable in a hour of triming.

And why I spent all the time trimming the plants in the beginning. Really pays off at trim time.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to do laundry in a bit...after i get rid of a giant bag of trim...reclaiming my freezer space!!
then home for more trimming,the excitement never stops

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: well that was a briefly exciting trip home...got a couple of gnarly wind gust while towing the trailer with 35 lbs of laundry...not easy to control a rig that's like 10 feet long in a 30mph sidewind...sorta the bike equivalent of an 18 wheeler...

Latest posts

Latest posts