What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Long term storage

Rose56

Hi, I have a neighbor who is a commercial grower, who has gifted me with a shitload of shake. It is enough to last me at least 2 -3 years. Can I freeze it so it will last longer? Should I do some kind of processing? I know a year us about as far as you normally go.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi, I have a neighbor who is a commercial grower, who has gifted me with a shitload of shake. It is enough to last me at least 2 -3 years. Can I freeze it so it will last longer? Should I do some kind of processing? I know a year us about as far as you normally go.
Nice neighbor you have. Why don't you sift it or make bubble hash out of it? The good thing about making bubble hash is you can turn 2 large trash bags of green shake into hash the size of the palm of your hand and store that. If not you could store it all in lb bags in a cool, dark, dry area. Some people put their shake in the freezer for long-term storage. Good luck