What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"little bit of trimming"...do you get breaks between washing pots. up-potting, and trimming? besides your bicycle excursions, i mean...
this month has been busy as i'm in the middle of the harvest cycle...so a set of plants gets chopped but of course i need to have the next set ready for flower,which means clones to be taken and everything moving up a pot size which means lots of cleaning...next month i'll have lots more free time to ride again...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m hijacking this to a food thread ...
1A65054A-1481-4760-8E29-398D02BD24D9.jpeg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: best get moving here...errands ain't running themselves...enjoying a slow morning,but also missing my furry friend...i'll get to visit with her next week when i collect my dogsitting fee...cookies!
had to fend off numerous offers of pay for watching her,not interested in that,i did it because she's a rescue dog,and they need that extra lovin'

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
View media item 18707905
View media item 18707904
View media item 18707903

So I found out what tripped my breaker the other day. Was standing near the receptacle when a spark shot out. So I took it apart and found out one of the wires was pinched in the cover plate. So fixed that today.

Also took a picture of one of the Super Boof cola. This is day 26 of flower. 44 more days to go. The cola is 12 inches long.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Just found a good electrician today I think I’ll use to wire up the barn. Comes highly recommended by a couple friends with licensed spots.
Here’s an updated pic as of today.
Two grow rooms to the left, dry room, water room and bathroom.
99055830-55C9-4F07-B7BC-B72155C74031.jpeg

Waiting on spray foam before we button up the one wall.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
they give a rebate or tax credit here for good insulation and using leds
Yeah I can get a dollar per watt rebate on LEDs so like a growers choice 720 would be free to me, even if I bought say 56 of them they would rebate all of them.
Still not sure I want to go LED though.
High efficiency dehuey like quest or anden qualify for rebates as well, just not sure the particulars on those.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just found a good electrician today I think I’ll use to wire up the barn. Comes highly recommended by a couple friends with licensed spots.
View attachment 18811492

It’s coming into shape very rapidly …now isn’t it?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
View attachment 18811492

When I did the wiring on my barn I put a outlet every 4 feet along the outside walls. Plus outlets on the ceiling. Everyone was like holy shit that's a lot of outlets.

But they all thin k it was for a wood shop. I put one 30 amp 220 outlet on the wall. It cost $225 for the materials for just that outlet. But If I want to put my planer in latter I need that outlet. Or a welder could use it also.

I think I have almost $3000 in just the wire in the walls. Lol

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...just when i think i'm out they pull me back in! watching a couple of doggos tonight,the labradoodle and little yorkie lap yapper...just overnight,and these two aren't fence jumpers at least...
otherwise planning on working on the bike build with the old frame i bought,just got the last part i need yesterday...
got done with the trimming,and chopped more plants...so i get to trim again!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
When I did the wiring on my barn I put a outlet every 4 feet along the outside walls. Plus outlets on the ceiling. Everyone was like holy shit that's a lot of outlets.

But they all thin k it was for a wood shop. I put one 30 amp 220 outlet on the wall. It cost $225 for the materials for just that outlet. But If I want to put my planer in latter I need that outlet. Or a welder could use it also.

I have all my 1k lights plugged on 220v. With 220v outlets.

It's a shame Mars Hydro doesn't haven any lights that comes with the 220v power cord.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran

I have purlins at 4 and 8 feet so I’ll wrap my rooms at both probably.
Enough 220 outlets on the ceiling for like 24-28 lights and then a 220 dehuey in each corner.
I’m scared to know the cost to be honest. That’s a lot of conduit let alone the wire.

Latest posts

Latest posts