What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
the adapter plug is 7 bucks on growershouse...all my leds are running on 220v

It's not about that you can buy an adapter.

It about having the right cord to plug it into the right outlet for the power/cord type.

I'm not sure if you could get away with using one of those converter plugs in a large scale grow and pass an electrical inspection, IF YOU ARE growing legally.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not about that you can buy an adapter.

It about having the right cord to plug it into the right outlet for the power/cord type.

I'm not sure if you could get away with using one of those converter plugs in a large scale grow and pass an electrical inspection, IF YOU ARE growing legally.
a) when you order a light from mars you can get it with a 220v cord
b) no large scale op is going to buy mars lights
c) it would pass,the adapters are UL listed and cec approved

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
a) when you order a light from mars you can get it with a 220v cord
b) no large scale op is going to buy mars lights
c) it would pass,the adapters are UL listed and cec approved

Really? Last time I asked, they only had 120v corded units for the U.S.

I wish their ballasts had the swap-able cord cords that the HID ballasts and computer power supplies have

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smoker: almost there...just need to install the cables and chain,and get everything adjusted...

IMG_20230218_163750071.jpg
IMG_20230218_163756519.jpg

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have purlins at 4 and 8 feet so I’ll wrap my rooms at both probably.
Enough 220 outlets on the ceiling for like 24-28 lights and then a 220 dehuey in each corner.
I’m scared to know the cost to be honest. That’s a lot of conduit let alone the wire.
I don't have any conduit. I drilled a hole in the metal as I put it up. Dropped in a bushing and pulled the wire threw the bushing. Then used a 4x4 steel box screwed to the purlin. Just pulled the wire threw a cable lock on the back of the box. Easiest way to do it without running conduit. All my wire is in the wall or ceiling.

You could have got away without any conduit. But the guys running the steel would have had to drill the holes and pulled the wires threw. Might have been a chore getting the subs to coordinate.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doggos are here,luckily they're just back from running around so it should be a quiet night...just waiting for some wax to dry on the bike frame,almost got the scratches out from the frame bag...cables are cut and installed...getting closer...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pardon me but I may not have been paying attention... I blame the weed again.

Are you building a new ride? New hardware? Drive train and or brakes?
i used to own this frame,sold it to my friend,he upgraded to a new bike so i bought the frame back from him and had enough parts around to rebuild it aside from tires and a couple of small parts

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have purlins at 4 and 8 feet so I’ll wrap my rooms at both probably.
Enough 220 outlets on the ceiling for like 24-28 lights and then a 220 dehuey in each corner.
I’m scared to know the cost to be honest. That’s a lot of conduit let alone the wire.
Have you considered reheat dehumidification? Maybe run it by your HVAC guy.
Better dehumidification and way less cost on the front end.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...easy dog sit...both of them were pretty well tuckered out from running around,and only took up a fair doggy sized bit of the bed...and they'll be gone soon...
gotta run more errands today...and it's raining off and on,so that will be....fun?...
otherwise,garden chores...should be an easy day...just need to wash a 4x4 tray and get 9 plants prepped for flower...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Quick question @unclefishstick … don’t you ever get tired and burnt out from effects of pot when you’re out on those long bike rides? I’ve always been curious about how you manage that…
I smoke a lot. And there are definitely some strains that enhance a ride and some that do not. The right sativa can really put you in nice place. Sundae driver surprised me. On the way to the trail it had me enjoying relaxing effects so much I wondered if I was going to be sluggish on the bike. And it was great. Had lots of energy, was able to concentrate on the trail, everything was visually enhanced.

Also. Mushrooms make me want to lay down next my bike and LsD and bikes go hand in hand like it was meant to be. In small amounts....

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol.. for me it’s probably a question of how long I can hold out before I get high. Unfortunately, it’s always in the a.m. earlier than I care to admit, but be that as it may the rare occasions in the past when I was disciplined, and I refrained, I could actually get out there and ride and it wasn’t handicapped by that thc come down drain (although the first hour or so is great )

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I was talking with a road biker at the bar and he was saying every year someone in the extended community gets kill by a vehicle. And since cell phones it has gotten a lot worse.

When I ride in town I pay attention to everything. I don't care if a driver has made eye contact and waved, they have still been known to try and run you over.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Lol.. for me it’s probably a question of how long I can hold out before I get high. Unfortunately, it’s always in the a.m. earlier than I care to admit, but be that as it may the rare occasions in the past when I was disciplined, and I refrained, I could actually get out there and ride and it wasn’t handicapped by that thc come down drain (although the first hour or so is great )
I usually wait until dropping little one off at school. Unless I've already been up working, then I'm already on espresso number two and at least a joint.